Unread 08-04-2012, 07:01 PM
no fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Who are City playing in the week?
wba home

Unread 08-04-2012, 07:02 PM
Neo

We won it when Tony V smashed in that beauty at Blackburn.

Fergie won't let us throw it away now. Players coming back from injury, City in crisis and a relatively straight-forward set of fixtures left with no cup distractions. The bookies have us 1/33 so if anyone doubts us now's the time to get some dough on City.

Unread 08-04-2012, 07:03 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by no fun
wba home
Ooh, that's no walk in the park

Unread 08-04-2012, 07:05 PM
redman

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
we need arsenal to do us a favour.
Done, Shitty were awful and we got what we wanted, really really want this title for so many reasons especially as they have spent so much and thought hey had it in the bag. remember it's not over, yet.

Unread 08-04-2012, 09:40 PM
wiganste

The scouse @#%&!s are going to be sick as £#%&! seeing Paddy Evra's grinning mug holding up the trophy every time they tune into MOTD and sky sports Super Duper Sunday for a WHOLE SEASON

20 titles - £#%&! me. I'd have been happy seeing us win just the one

Unread 09-04-2012, 07:36 AM
believe

Thumbs up

Unread 09-04-2012, 07:49 AM
Fuzzy Dunlop

you never learn do you bellers.

draw with wigan, who are on great form.
lose to city.
lose to sunderland.

lose on gd.

Unlikely, until you £#%&! with the curse.

Unread 09-04-2012, 07:51 AM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy Dunlop

lose to city.
lose to sunderland.

lose on gd.

get with the programme #@&%!, we like this thread now.

Unread 09-04-2012, 02:18 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy Dunlop

lose to city.
lose to sunderland.

lose on gd.

Yes, cos ciddy are going to win all the rest of their games aren't they

It isn't over til' its over, as I said before. But we will to have to *really* implode now, hopefully there is no chance of that

Unread 09-04-2012, 02:25 PM
Gypsum Fantastic

Thumbs up

good lad giggsy

Quote:
Ryan Giggs has claimed it would be "a massive achievement" if Manchester United go on to wrap up a record 20th league title.
http://www.sportinglife.com/football...d.html&BID=165

Unread 09-04-2012, 02:33 PM
The Mull

It's Bloody Marvelous. 1-6 Stick it up your hole with a big jam roll ([SIZE="1"]tm)Weeman

Unread 09-04-2012, 02:51 PM
wiganste

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by gedthemull
It's Bloody Marvelous. 1-6 Stick it up your hole with a big jam roll ([SIZE="1"]tm)Weeman
It's the worst result in my lifetime that and it still doesn't win them the league.

Unread 09-04-2012, 03:04 PM
Sparky***

I think 'expectation' is all relative tbh.

For instance, personally i don't "expect" united to win every competition we enter - that's just ridiculous and unrealistic.

But i do expect the club's behaviour to be inkeeping with the "we're the biggest, bestest, most profitable club in the world" mantra that it rams down our throats.

This means doing the things that it takes in order to win and compete to win said competitions. Like, for instance, buying decent players when we need to etc etc & not trying to do everything on the £#%&!ing cheap all the time.

Of course, Liverpool, City and Chelsea are shining beacons of how not to spend money wisely. I only wish our manager had been given even a quarter of what that lot have spent in the last 2 years.

Unread 09-04-2012, 03:07 PM
wiganste

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
I think 'expectation' is all relative tbh.

For instance, personally i don't "expect" united to win every competition we enter - that's just ridiculous and unrealistic.

But i do expect the club's behaviour to be inkeeping with the "we're the biggest, bestest, most profitable club in the world" mantra that it rams down our throats.

This means doing the things that it takes in order to win and compete to win said competitions. Like, for instance, buying decent players when we need to etc etc & not trying to do everything on the £#%&!ing cheap all the time.

Of course, Liverpool, City and Chelsea are shining beacons of how not to spend money wisely. I only wish our manager had been given even a quarter of what that lot have spent in the last 2 years.
Tbf, Fergie is building for the future atm. de Gea & Jones could be around for years and we already have a good blend of yoof & experience.

It's not about spending lots of money for me - I prefer youngsters to come through. I do get your point to an extent but we've always been about building sides around youth and long may it continue. £#%&! what cITY, Chelsea et al spend. They'll never be United

Unread 09-04-2012, 05:57 PM
Neo

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiganste
Tbf, Fergie is building for the future atm. de Gea & Jones could be around for years and we already have a good blend of yoof & experience.

It's not about spending lots of money for me - I prefer youngsters to come through. I do get your point to an extent but we've always been about building sides around youth and long may it continue. £#%&! what cITY, Chelsea et al spend. They'll never be United

This, this, this.

For me, the best thing about this title victory, if we do it, will be that we haven't gone out and £#%&!ed cash like City and Chelsea, but we've done it the United way with a focus on youth playing alongside homegrown legends like Giggs and Scholes.

De Gea, Rafael, Smalling, Evans, Jones, Cleverley, Welbeck, Hernandez have all been integral parts of this season. Proper United players IMO, not some £#%&!ing mercenaries who have come for the money and the purchased glory. If we get the right player(s) in the summer then this could be a team that could potentially be Fergie's best. The base is there, we just need the finishing pieces of the jigsaw.
Closed Thread