Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 09-06-2010, 04:46 PM
believe

Default Re: veron regrets leaving united

Quote:
Originally Posted by rafabio
Is there a echo in here
no it's just you repeating what's already been said.

Unread 09-06-2010, 04:47 PM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by wee man
Phil Neville was quite good that day as well iirc. Still Veron gave the most impressive 90mins I have seen in the flesh by an individual player v Everton. Left Old T that day thinking we had a real worldbeater - sadly it didn't turm out that way.
you're joking right?

Unread 09-06-2010, 04:47 PM
dodger

Quote:
He came at a wrong time to united and premiership. IMO he would have been suited better to today's united and premiership.

Back in 2002, united were still a very much old style british team going through a transition to european ways. 2 wide players, 2 box to box centre midfielders and a striker who expects ball to either his feet or crosses.

Where as we now are probably the best when it comes to switching play from gung ho attacking (crossing) team to a possession based football or a counter attacking team.

I still think it was Ruud, who held us back in making the transition. Because he was such a typical english striker ( with a better technical ability and shit attitude). It seemed the transition became so much easier once ruud was binned.

I still remember that game back in the dark period of the club (2005 season ) when we won 4-2 against a in form arsenal at highbury where ronaldo, giggs and rooney were superb constantly switching upfront. (Even O shea scored a superb chip ). We were so good that day, even tweety getting sent off didn't matter. I think that's the moment fergie realised what he had to do to make the transition complete.
It was the icing on the cake in fact

Unread 09-06-2010, 04:48 PM
florentino ariza

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barcabal
he didnt get the English game, the speed the ferocity of it was too big for him BUT I RESPECT him all the same for being humble about his weaknesses!
me too but we all know what happened.
Not sure what scholes has to do with it at all, hes a legend and always will be and our ethic is not just hardwork it has glimpses of genius and flair now again. Matt Busby said something along them lines from what I remember.
because scholes got dropped or moved out of position for him when he first came

we have had many players who combined flair and work ethic, they aren't mutually exclusive

fergusons sides work like £#%&! for each other

i saw pretty much every single one of verons home games and apart from the odd game or fleeting moment he was very poor. he really needs to take some responsibility for that instead of everybody blaming anyone but the lazy, cowardly pirate @#%&!

hth

Crumps

Quote:
Originally Posted by £#%&! KFC
wtf is Veron doing in the Argies World Cup squad ffs
He's there on form which has been exceptional the last few years.

rafabio

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
no it's just you repeating what's already been said.
£#%&! off saddo

Unread 09-06-2010, 04:49 PM
dodger

Quote:
Originally Posted by florentino ariza

we have had many players who combined flair and work ethic, they aren't mutually exclusive

i saw pretty much every single one of verons home games and apart from the odd game or fleeting moment he was very poor. he really needs to take some responsibility for that instead of everybody blaming anyone but the lazy, cowardly pirate @#%&!

hth
Great image

Barcabal

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Where did I say I didn't like him?
I was never really that fussed by him myself tbh.

Your right I apologise, ill retract you 'didnt like' to Being 'fussed' about.

rafabio

Quote:

hth
berbatov and carrick would like to disagree with that

Unread 09-06-2010, 04:53 PM
florentino ariza

Quote:
berbatov and carrick would like to disagree with that
you obviously don't watch carrick week in week out

he covers so much ground and is always available, he tracks back and anticipates

in fact you could easily argue that along with fletch they are easily our most selfless players

berbatovs job is to find space to help his players which he does

veron would lose the ball in midfield and just stand there (boro, i nearly lost a lung screaming at the @#%&!) or tried hollywood 40-50 yard balls directed RVN's throat

Unread 09-06-2010, 04:54 PM
£#%&! KFC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crumps
He's there on form which has been exceptional the last few years.
define exceptional

the Argentinian league is somewhere between the SPL and my local five a side league

the Argies have been shite since ChiselNuts took over can't recall too many exceptional peformances

Unread 09-06-2010, 04:54 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Svens robotic nob
The "fans" who don't appreciate skill and techique over running around like a headless chicken, but putting in "effort" are the sam clueless idiots who voted that useless @#%&! Heinze as player of the year.

Veron played in the wrong role, with the wrong players. If it had been managed correctly he would have played an awful lot better.
I can think of a certain other (more) recent player who is adored by far too many of our "fans" for just that reason

Unread 09-06-2010, 04:57 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barcabal
I was n
ever really that fussed by him myself tbh.

Your right I apologise, ill retract you 'didnt like' to Being 'fussed' about.
That post was in response to Crumps point about Roy Keane, simpleton.

Unread 09-06-2010, 05:00 PM
£#%&! KFC

Quote:

he covers so much ground and is always available, he tracks back and anticipates

except when he falls over in big European games after tracking back

Unread 09-06-2010, 05:03 PM
plopborsky

i £#%&!ing love veron i used to love seeing him and beckham ping 40 yards balls in the warm up

Unread 09-06-2010, 05:05 PM
rafabio

Quote:

in fact you could easily argue that along with fletch they are easily our most selfless players

berbatovs job is to find space to help his players which he does

veron would lose the ball in midfield and just stand there (boro, i nearly lost a lung screaming at the @#%&!) or tried hollywood 40-50 yard balls directed RVN's throat
yup, who can forget carrick's energy, anticipation in tracking back olic against bayern.

berbatov's job is to find space for other players? ffs

Unread 09-06-2010, 05:06 PM
wee man

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
you're joking right?
Nope.

Unread 09-06-2010, 05:07 PM
florentino ariza

Quote:
except when he falls over in big European games after tracking back
he made a mistake but he was £#%&!ing there

do you think veron would have been?

plops, i really think veron brought the worst out in beckham too. it clearly irked his ego and he used to try and out pass him in the long ball stakes instead of getting forward and getting crosses in. Felt sorry for RVN with what he was having pinged at him head height week in week out

Unread 09-06-2010, 05:08 PM
Fuzzy Dunlop

Quote:
Originally Posted by wee man
Nope.

Unread 09-06-2010, 05:08 PM
wee man

Quote:
wtf is Veron doing in the Argies World Cup squad ffs
Brazil are favourites - and Klebbers is in their squad. Now that's clever - in a pea and ham from a chicken sort of way.
Closed Thread