United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 29-12-2015, 06:40 PM
utd99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
It's not a wum though is it. There's no smoke without fire.
Not true. What about dry ice, or e-cigarettes? Do keep up.

Unread 29-12-2015, 06:46 PM
saffers

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigMikeA
Totally agree.

I mean, we're 5 points off the top 4 with half the season still to play - let's give up the ghost until next season and steady the ship in the meanwhile- either with a caretaker manager in the form of giggs or a manager who has brought nothing but stability to every club he's been at in the form of Mourinho
I remember when it was only 5 pts off the top(about 2 weeks ago).

Fair £#%&!s to you lads assuming you're entirely serious. 100% behind your manager. Wish I had that conviction. Much better than watching this slow motion car crash as a doomer.

Unread 29-12-2015, 06:51 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Most players that have played under Van Gaal don't like him......but they respect him.

Unread 29-12-2015, 06:53 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
There's a principle to run one of the biggest clubs in the world on.

"It's been in the papers and there's no smoke without fire."

United should wait on Jamie Jackson's next piece before even thinking of identifying January targets imo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
Most players that have played under Van Gaal don't like him......but they respect him.
That's the key. I think a fair few do quite like him, but many argue with him (which Dutch managers often encourage) so I suppose it depends in part on whether you're motivated by improving as a player/team or by whether you get your oven chips and banter in training before a game.

Unread 29-12-2015, 07:31 PM
Neo

Thumbs up

Would be happy with no signings and Fellaini, Mata, Rooney and Young all sold.

Get Januzaj back off loan, too.

Unread 29-12-2015, 08:04 PM
Crumps

Quote:
Even so, why give money to a manger the players all apparently hate playing for?
Think if they hated him the way José had lost the dressing room at Chelsea we'd have players looking totally disinterested v Chelsea as that would have been their chance to make sure he was gone.

Replace the squad positions vacated by Fellaini (please God) RVP/Failcao and Di Maria and we could quite easily win this league.

Unread 29-12-2015, 08:09 PM
dunk

As long as we are signing young, high potential players, like Martial, doesn't matter who is signing them.

Embolo
Tielemans
That CB at Juve

etc.

Unread 29-12-2015, 08:17 PM
Ranier Wolfcastle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo
Would be happy with no signings and Fellaini, Mata, Rooney and Young all sold.

Get Januzaj back off loan, too.
Young has proved himself to be a good squad player.

Plus he's one of our few speedy players

Unread 29-12-2015, 08:33 PM
djsst

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranier Wolfcastle
Young has proved himself to be a good squad player.

Plus he's one of our few speedy players
He's fast but when he gets there he's still shit.

Unread 29-12-2015, 09:15 PM
Stickman

I think Mane would add a lot to our attack, very powerful and rapid - difficult type to nullify even on a bad day with his attributes.

Whilst Lukaku and Kane are proven in this league and would almost guarantee strong returns, I think we'd be priced out while their contracts aren't close to expiring. At the risk of having Po many ex Saints, Pelle would be a good stop gap but again we'd get fleeced way beyond his value.

Unread 29-12-2015, 09:57 PM
Vedder

Would love the energy of Kante in our midfield. Sick of our dawdling @#%&!s tbh. Not sure if Kante is just having a good run of form or is a genuine top class player though.

Unread 29-12-2015, 10:16 PM
Crumps

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stickman
I think Mane would add a lot to our attack, very powerful and rapid - difficult type to nullify even on a bad day with his attributes.

Whilst Lukaku and Kane are proven in this league and would almost guarantee strong returns, I think we'd be priced out while their contracts aren't close to expiring. At the risk of having Po many ex Saints, Pelle would be a good stop gap but again we'd get fleeced way beyond his value.
Pelle? Nah. If we're buying 30 year olds they need to be of a higher standard than him.

Unread 29-12-2015, 10:19 PM
atticusgrinch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vedder
Would love the energy of Kante in our midfield. Sick of our dawdling @#%&!s tbh. Not sure if Kante is just having a good run of form or is a genuine top class player though.
Loved him in Roots.

Unread 29-12-2015, 10:19 PM
silv

Quote:

said this a while ago! would be a very good signing. him and martial would be very strong together... lightning quick!

Unread 29-12-2015, 10:23 PM
Stickman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crumps
Pelle? Nah. If we're buying 30 year olds they need to be of a higher standard than him.
Just think he could give us some of what were missing re a poacher, IF the price was modest....

Unread 29-12-2015, 10:26 PM
puressence

Kante would be incredible

Unread 29-12-2015, 10:29 PM
RedMenace

I can't see us getting any decent PL players in January. There's no reason for clubs to sell unless they get offered ridiculous money that nobody will ever pay again.

Unread 29-12-2015, 10:42 PM
Stickman

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedMenace
I can't see us getting any decent PL players in January. There's no reason for clubs to sell unless they get offered ridiculous money that nobody will ever pay again.
That and they all sense the anxiety coming from our club to bolster a paper thin squad. We'll be rinsed on any domestic player.

Unread 29-12-2015, 10:46 PM
RedMenace

Quote:
That and they all sense the anxiety coming from our club to bolster a paper thin squad. We'll be rinsed on any domestic player.
I'm sure European clubs will be adding a desperation tax too.

Unread 29-12-2015, 11:42 PM
Crumps

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedMenace
If the player we are interested in wants to come we've got a chance to get em. Who gives a £#%&! how much they cost we can afford pretty much anyone.
Closed Thread