United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 25-01-2010, 07:53 PM
taff

Default Re: the build up to Wednesday thread.

if Scunthorpe can put 2 past the @#%&!s, we have no excuse

Unread 26-01-2010, 08:32 AM
wiganste

If we win this cup, we become the most successful English side (domestically)

So there's another incentive.

Unread 26-01-2010, 08:41 AM
wee man

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiganste
If we win this cup, we become the most successful English side (domestically)

So there's another incentive.
I'll just take the final for now.

Unread 27-01-2010, 12:27 AM
Sloppy

Fergie: Man City are getting 'carried away' with talk of world domination

Sir Alex Ferguson has accused Manchester City of "getting carried away" with their aim of becoming the biggest club in the world.
Fergie turned up the heat ahead of tonight's Carling Cup semi-final showdown at Old Trafford by taunting City over their plans for world domination.
Controversial City chief executive Garry Cook has already predicted they will beat United tonight, before going on to eclipse them as the biggest club on the planet.
But Fergie laughed off City's delusions of grandeur and said: "Sometimes people can get carried away. Only the future can decide that."

Despite City holding a 2-1 lead from the first leg, Fergie said United were better equipped to win because they have more big-game experience than Roberto Mancini's side.
And the United boss dismissed any suggestion tonight's game means more to City because of their desperation to end their 34-year wait for a trophy.
"This is a semi-final, a local derby and that's important enough in itself," said Fergie. "Those two factors alone are incentive enough for both teams.
"We showed in the first leg that we want to be in the final. We showed a good desire and we controlled most of the game.
"We've been in this situation so many times, coming into the second leg of a big semi-final needing a result.
"We've played some great teams over the years here in this sort of situation and we hope that experience helps us.
"It doesn't matter whether City have loads of money or none at all. This is a chance to get to a Wembley final, which is all the incentive you need."
United fans have used recent games at Old Trafford to voice their dissent towards the club's controversial owners, the Glazers.
But Ferguson said the fans would be united tonight in the common aim of beating their rivals and prolonging their wait for silverware. "The atmosphere will be different. This occasion is so much more important to the fans."

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news...cle301605.html

Unread 27-01-2010, 12:35 AM
£#%&! KFC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sloppy
Fergie: Man City are getting 'carried away' with talk of world domination

Sir Alex Ferguson has accused Manchester City of "getting carried away" with their aim of becoming the biggest club in the world.
Fergie turned up the heat ahead of tonight's Carling Cup semi-final showdown at Old Trafford by taunting City over their plans for world domination.
Controversial City chief executive Garry Cook has already predicted they will beat United tonight, before going on to eclipse them as the biggest club on the planet.
But Fergie laughed off City's delusions of grandeur and said: "Sometimes people can get carried away. Only the future can decide that."

Despite City holding a 2-1 lead from the first leg, Fergie said United were better equipped to win because they have more big-game experience than Roberto Mancini's side.
And the United boss dismissed any suggestion tonight's game means more to City because of their desperation to end their 34-year wait for a trophy.
"This is a semi-final, a local derby and that's important enough in itself," said Fergie. "Those two factors alone are incentive enough for both teams.
"We showed in the first leg that we want to be in the final. We showed a good desire and we controlled most of the game.
"We've been in this situation so many times, coming into the second leg of a big semi-final needing a result.
"We've played some great teams over the years here in this sort of situation and we hope that experience helps us.
"It doesn't matter whether City have loads of money or none at all. This is a chance to get to a Wembley final, which is all the incentive you need."
United fans have used recent games at Old Trafford to voice their dissent towards the club's controversial owners, the Glazers.
But Ferguson said the fans would be united tonight in the common aim of beating their rivals and prolonging their wait for silverware. "The atmosphere will be different. This occasion is so much more important to the fans."

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news...cle301605.html

nice one....peaking like a Peking duck now

Unread 27-01-2010, 02:09 AM
S/Side.Red

Thumbs up Re: the build up to Wednesday thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiganste
This is the biggest game of the season so far, make no mistake about that.
I have little or no affection for the League Cup, we always have bigger fish to fry. And I think
Fergie's team selections over the years backs up everyones thought on the competition. However, it is a good
platform for our reserve/fringe players to show us what they are made of.

Anyway, I digress.

This game is £#%&!ing huge. We have to stop them getting to Wembley. We have to make sure it's 34 years.
I couldn't bear it if they beat us, listening to 9000 divs singing 'Blue moon' or 'Wemberley' as we left the stadium.
I want to see them crushed. I want to see tears, not only from the fans but the players, Gary Cook, Eddie Large, Les Battersby & Curly Watts
I want to see Les Battersby & Curly Watts in the White Lion, getting @#%&!ted on vodka. No shots, bottles. I want to see Les Battersny forget which caravan he lives in and I want to see Curly Watts emptying bins near Coronation Street..
I want to see Neville taking the piss out of Tevez or kicking him in the %@#$&!s. I want to see Fergie calling Mancini a £#%&!er. I want to see every one of those 9000 divs making their way back to town/Stockport absolutely distraught, as though they've lost the will to live.
I want to sing
"Blue Moon
You started singing too soon
Now you're crying those tears
It's been 34 years"

So there you have it. Shite cup, shite competition, massive, massive game. Come on the reds!

Edit: More than anything, I want to see Michael Owen scoring the goal that knocks them out in the 95th min. When only 2 mins went up on the board
Top post.

Unread 27-01-2010, 05:39 AM
The Watcher

I pray we £#%&!ing destroy them tonight. £#%&! 'resting' players for the Arsenal game

Unread 27-01-2010, 07:58 AM
wee man

It's Today.

Unread 27-01-2010, 08:36 AM
elephantstone

Im so giddy i might have to punch myself in the face to calm down

Unread 27-01-2010, 08:56 AM
waynes ear's

Quote:
Originally Posted by elephantstone
Im outside piccadilly if you want me to do it for you pal

Unread 27-01-2010, 09:15 AM
elephantstone

I got off the train this morning and as you pass through the ticket place there were a load of railway guards arguing like £#%&! about tevez. It brought a real smile to my face

Unread 27-01-2010, 09:18 AM
waynes ear's

should have jabbed one of them in the boatrace instead of yourself mate

Unread 27-01-2010, 09:30 AM
PaulParkers

Quote:
Originally Posted by elephantstone
I know exactly what you mean. I didn't get much kip last night thinking about this game, like a little kid

this is why we love MUFC

Unread 27-01-2010, 09:59 AM
ScholesScoresGoals2

Arse twitching like a rabbits nose

Unread 27-01-2010, 10:00 AM
waynes ear's

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScholesScoresGoals2
Arse twitching like a rabbits nose
Stop taking it up the shitter then

Unread 27-01-2010, 10:11 AM
Stickman

Quote:
Originally Posted by waynes ear's
im outside piccadilly if you want me to do it for you pal

Unread 27-01-2010, 10:13 AM
ScholesScoresGoals2

Quote:
Originally Posted by waynes ear's
Stop taking it up the shitter then
Rough night with my man friend last night, hes a big lad

Unread 27-01-2010, 10:34 AM
Crumps

First time this season I have felt like I am missing out not going. Ah well I don't deserve to go if I haven't sat through the shit though. I'll be on the couch tonight singing along with the @#%&!s who didn't give a toss either way about Glazer until the back four got injured and we didn't win a few games.

Unread 27-01-2010, 10:43 AM
sudored

Today is £#%&!ing dragging

Unread 27-01-2010, 10:53 AM
ScholesScoresGoals2

Quote:
Originally Posted by sudored
Today is £#%&!ing dragging
Tell me about it, my clock is going backwards.
Just me and the resident bertie in today, everyone else off sick

Hes shitting it, thinks hes going to get @#%&!ted tonight, scared about getting home.
Going to spend the day scaring the shit out of him
Closed Thread