Unread 14-09-2009, 11:10 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginners
ah, you see i do
OK then.

Unread 14-09-2009, 11:16 AM
Whip Hubley

Vereh, vereh difficult to pick a MOTM . I plumped for evra but as has been pointed out, 5 or 6 players could have it.

Fletcher was unbelievable playing in his traditionally 'poor' RW role. I love hargreaves but we really don't miss him all that much when Fletch is playing like this.

Rooney, as someone above said, occupied half the spurs team ON HIS OWN after scholesy was sent. The guy is phenomenal and if there's one player in the squad who I want til the end of his playing days it's this man. I didn't think I wouldn't miss Ronaldo when he went in the summer but for whatever reason, Rooney has stepped up and is finally becoming the consistent version of what we all know he is - one of the top footballers in the world.

Berbatov, again until scholesy got sent, was magnifique. His touch, vision, and ability to create space for himself and others really does bring out the best in the team. I imagine if you were a footballer, you couldn't imagine a much better pairing than rooney and berbs up top when they are playing at their best.

On top of all that, it's really quite satisfying watch supposedly 'average' or 'not good enough' players (according to the wum's/clueless on here) do the business against a side which has obviously been playing very well this season.

Unread 14-09-2009, 11:20 AM
magic_cantona

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron_van_Marlon

He deserved it for years - he was TSP, Windy Fletcher, The Scream etc for a reason, he was soft as shite & his passing was crap. Now he's improved immeasurably & he's easily the first name on the teamsheet in the midfield & playing very very well indeed.

He's now 'The Dazzler'

Unread 14-09-2009, 11:50 AM
Baron

Quote:
Originally Posted by borsuk
eh? wtf are you on about?

If Anderson had his mentality, there's twice the player in there is horseshit imo. and it's a classic damning with faint praise.
Anderson can do everything Fletcher does on his best day - Fletcher doesn't have the passing range or skill of Anderson on his best day. Simples.

Fletcher's consistency & application, mentality, vision for tracking back etc are all hugely admirable & I'm talking him up - yet he doesn't have the capability Anderson does to create - Anderson can do all the hard work Fletcher does & he's only 21, I think Anderson - should he completely & utterly fulfill his promise in the way Fletcher appears to have (although I think he can still get better, as mentioned he's missed some sitters & a few goals would be superb from the middle of the pitch) then Anderson has the ability to become one of the best midfielders in the world.

The fact he's got nowhere near that at 21 is no disgrace - there are basically £#%&! all midfielders at the pinnacle of their game at Big Clubs - and Fletcher at 21 was £#%&!ing turd. Fact.

Unread 14-09-2009, 11:52 AM
marlo

nice to see rooney stepping up this season..

we needed both our strikers to step up this season. rooney has replied with 5 goals in 5 games.

im impressed with him.

Unread 14-09-2009, 11:58 AM
Whip Hubley

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlo

we needed both our strikers to step up this season. rooney has replied with 5 goals in 5 games.

im impressed with him.
i've just texted him, he's genuinely thrilled

Unread 14-09-2009, 11:59 AM
Baron

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlo

im impressed with him.
no one bite at the original Marlo ? aww

Unread 14-09-2009, 12:03 PM
armchair

He saves his best football banter for the girls of facebook.

Unread 14-09-2009, 12:03 PM
marlo

Quote:
no one bite at the original Marlo ? aww

i did want any silly abm remarks so i changed it within 4 seconds of initially posting it.

Unread 14-09-2009, 12:04 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigMikeA
i've just texted him, he's genuinely thrilled
He must be, imagine the joy at hearing some lying shithouse who's not had a good word to say about the club all season has deemed it time to compliment a player.

Unread 14-09-2009, 02:10 PM
Baron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Part 36 Offer
Incorrect. I have only posted constructive criticism tbh. No personal attacks etc.

Some United fans just prefer the glory boy United players. I.e. the football manager type fans. Prefer to have some fashionable Brazilian trotting about like he has made it doing £#%&! all rather than some skinny scottish bloke who actually understands what it means to wear the shirt and being one of the best 2 or 3 players on the pitch every week.

Anderson has bags of ability but has not been performing at anywhere near the required level hence he has been criticised and rightly so. There haven't been any of the embarrassing insults levelled at him like TSP, Windy Fletcher or The Scream as you have mentioned.

A lot of the criticism of Fletcher's performances were on occasions where he was asked to play wide right. He has never let us down in the middle. Anderson has played wide left a couple of times and that seems to be some kind of justification for his mediocre performances where he is seemingly just going through the motions. At least Fletcher demonstrated fight and determination in his early years.

Didnt really have you down as football manager boy BVM but you are an OOT'er after all
Some people might prefer a fashionable Brazilian (ohh err) but in the same way Fletcher got dogs abuse for his (blatantly) inept performances at the age of 21 so has Anderson. Here's a recent thread - you'll know the one - that had him derided left, right & centre. I'm not saying he's the answer to a week in week out midfield problem off the back of playing for the reserves & finally getting a goal in a decent perfomance at Spurs. But he's 21, and I slated Fletcher back in the day, and I wasn't alone. He got the name Windy Fletcher precisely for his lack of fight & determination. He was £#%&!ing abject & if you were to search his name on this forum you'd find not a single soul advocating sticking with him for the long term. Shows why Fergie's the gaffer of course & none of us monkeys.

Additionally, Anderson has more natural ability, (Football Manager or not you cheeky £#%&!er ) he has the potential to become a £#%&!ing great player, and he should learn from Fletcher because it's the absolute role model for any young player in our squad over the past 4 or 5 seasons. It's a dog eat dog world at United, if Anderson doesn't make it he only has himself to blame of course. But giving him shitloads of grief now isn't going to encourage him really is it. Added to that, anyone advocating they'd rather the workmanlike player instead of the talented one is points scoring with hindsight, as I said, search Fletchers name on here & I very much doubt you'll find a single post that advocates giving him time & letting him mature - I'll happily put my hands up, but in Anderson we can see the talent, he just needs the time & coaching. Given Fergie & Fletcher have both done their upmost to make a player out of the artist formerly known as TSP / Windy & The Scream we'd be churlish to chuck in the towel now.

Advocate.

Unread 14-09-2009, 02:51 PM
Part 36 Offer

Quote:
Some people might prefer a fashionable Brazilian (ohh err) but in the same way Fletcher got dogs abuse for his (blatantly) inept performances at the age of 21 so has Anderson. Here's a recent thread - you'll know the one - that had him derided left, right & centre. I'm not saying he's the answer to a week in week out midfield problem off the back of playing for the reserves & finally getting a goal in a decent perfomance at Spurs. But he's 21, and I slated Fletcher back in the day, and I wasn't alone. He got the name Windy Fletcher precisely for his lack of fight & determination. He was £#%&!ing abject & if you were to search his name on this forum you'd find not a single soul advocating sticking with him for the long term. Shows why Fergie's the gaffer of course & none of us monkeys.

Additionally, Anderson has more natural ability, (Football Manager or not you cheeky £#%&!er ) he has the potential to become a £#%&!ing great player, and he should learn from Fletcher because it's the absolute role model for any young player in our squad over the past 4 or 5 seasons. It's a dog eat dog world at United, if Anderson doesn't make it he only has himself to blame of course. But giving him shitloads of grief now isn't going to encourage him really is it. Added to that, anyone advocating they'd rather the workmanlike player instead of the talented one is points scoring with hindsight, as I said, search Fletchers name on here & I very much doubt you'll find a single post that advocates giving him time & letting him mature - I'll happily put my hands up, but in Anderson we can see the talent, he just needs the time & coaching. Given Fergie & Fletcher have both done their upmost to make a player out of the artist formerly known as TSP / Windy & The Scream we'd be churlish to chuck in the towel now.

Advocate.
I have always backed fletch mate, no wum. I have always been an advocate of his talents. Tbh so has Borsuk from what I can remember. Jabbers etc used to slag him to the high heavens as did the majority of OT never mind the forum but they have seen the error of their ways it seems.

I agree getting on Anderson's back isn't very productive but the thread you have highlighted here is not even in the same league as some of the shite that has been posted about fletcher and sheasy.

Dont have time to respond fully now but you make some reasonable points. I am obviously right but you have done okay!

Unread 14-09-2009, 02:52 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
I have always backed fletch mate, no wum. I have always been an advocate of his talents. Tbh so has Borsuk from what I can remember. Jabbers etc used to slag him to the high heavens as did the majority of OT never mind the forum but they have seen the error of their ways it seems.

I agree getting on Anderson's back isn't very productive but the thread you have highlighted here is not even in the same league as some of the shite that has been posted about fletcher and sheasy.

Dont have time to respond fully now but you make some reasonable points. I am obviously right but you have done okay!
Well, he's become a very good player.

Unread 14-09-2009, 03:24 PM
borsuk

Quote:
I have always backed fletch mate, no wum. I have always been an advocate of his talents. Tbh so has Borsuk from what I can remember.
got a load of shit about it at times as well. slagged him off when he had a bad game but he took stick for any and all bad performances irrespective of how he played for a long time.

Quote:
one of the problems with anderson is that he had a tremendous first season which really set the bar high, and then went backward severely for an extended period without ever looking, fairly or not, like he was really fighting to improve. another problem is the daft hype from some fans whenever he got on the pitch. inevitably it provokes reactions.

my point wasn't about anderson in any case. i just noticed that fletcher never seems to get praise without a 'but...' in there somewhere: 'but so and so is better', 'but he needs to score more', 'he's good, but he's limited' etc - as if he's playing and doing a decent job, but only until we get a better option in. can't get my head around it tbh. he's been the best player in the country so far this season and deserves to be given a bit more appreciation.

Unread 14-09-2009, 03:41 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by borsuk
my point wasn't about anderson in any case. i just noticed that fletcher never seems to get praise without a 'but...' in there somewhere: 'but so and so is better', 'but he needs to score more', 'he's good, but he's limited' etc - as if he's playing and doing a decent job, but only until we get a better option in. can't get my head around it tbh. he's been the best player in the country so far this season and deserves to be given a bit more appreciation.
It's a fair point. He's simply a very good and consistent player and has been now for a couple of years, especially when you consider the constant changes in personnel he plays alongside from week to week in our midfield. He probably doesn't get anywhere near the recognition he deserves in the wider media, either. Without doubt he's overtaken Carrick as the first midfielder on the teamsheet these days.

Unread 14-09-2009, 06:26 PM
Fatboy Shrek

The powerhouse votes have all gone with Patrice. Well in lad!
Closed Thread