United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 05-01-2007, 01:27 PM
MUFC One Love

Luffy, stop being a baby. You go into far to much little detail. Who gives a £#%&! about Italy? We're discussing Manchester United, Hargreaves and Carrick are completely different to Gattuso and Pirlo, every player is different. If you had said last season in 18 months your midfield will have Hargreaves and Carrick I'd be delighted and be thank full for the options.

Carrick is brilliant on the ball, as is Scholes, and Hargreaves will give us a strong spine, can't ask for anymore, really.

Unread 05-01-2007, 01:46 PM
jem

Default so, what have we learned?

carrick is not pirlo.

luffy is not the likes of luffy.

Unread 05-01-2007, 01:47 PM
El Calafate

this thread is absurd. nft.

Unread 05-01-2007, 01:48 PM
antonin jablonsky

Is Hargreaves, Gattuso? I thought Gattuso was Alan Lamb?

Unread 05-01-2007, 01:51 PM
dodger

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonin jablonsky
Is Hargreaves, Gattuso? I thought Gattuso was Alan Lamb?
Alan Lamb was the new Derek Randall

Unread 05-01-2007, 02:07 PM
wiganste

Has anyone mentioned Hargreaves is comfortable playing right back?

Unread 05-01-2007, 02:12 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiganste
Has anyone mentioned Hargreaves is comfortable playing right back?

Probbly.

Unread 05-01-2007, 02:13 PM
wiganste

Ok, carry on

Unread 05-01-2007, 02:15 PM
MUFC One Love

It's the typical Luffy thread, really.

Come out with a load of detailed theories which are irrelevant.

Unread 05-01-2007, 02:25 PM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodger
Alan Lamb was the new Derek Randall
I loved derek randall. anyone who can get picked just because of his fielding is ok with me. :0) yes, I know he could bat (sometimes) too, thanks.

Unread 05-01-2007, 02:29 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
I loved derek randall. anyone who can get picked just because of his fielding is ok with me. :0) yes, I know he could bat (sometimes) too, thanks.
He looked a bit of a loose cannon too.

Unread 05-01-2007, 02:30 PM
Macca1990

this thread has went completly mental

Unread 05-01-2007, 04:22 PM
borsuk

Default i've never had so many nice things said about me

but this is the best post in the thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
in that case, we £#%&!ing have to get him.
and
Quote:
Originally Posted by Macca1990
this thread has went completly mental
yes, it certainly did been gone, weren't it

:o)

Unread 05-01-2007, 06:18 PM
Luffy

yeh it is a typical Luffy thread - firing, abusive and kind of mental I like a bit of debate to keep you lot on your toes.

MUFC One Love - You go out of your way to dislike me cos my opinion is different and I wind you up. Get over it man. The personal insults and imaginary stuff is stupid.

I can't ever take you seriously, you were utterly convinced I was a glazer stooge sitting in america getting paid to criticise ruud and defend fergie. You went round telling everyone that. and now you're imagining stuff about me wanting to sign foreigners no ones heard of and getting players off games - why? I dont even play football games atm. you just heard someone else say it on here and thought it sounded good so you recycle it as you please.

get a brain!!!

p.s. stop falling for wums.

Unread 05-01-2007, 06:19 PM
MUFC One Love

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luffy
yeh it is a typical Luffy thread - firing, abusive and kind of mental I like a bit of debate to keep you lot on your toes.

MUFC One Love - You go out of your way to dislike me cos my opinion is different and I wind you up. Get over it man. The personal insults and imaginary stuff is stupid.

I can't ever take you seriously, you were utterly convinced I was a glazer stooge sitting in america getting paid to criticise ruud and defend fergie. You went round telling everyone that. and now you're imagining stuff about me wanting to sign foreigners no ones heard of and getting players off games - why? I dont even play football games atm. you just heard someone else say it on here and thought it sounded good so you recycle it as you please.

get a brain!!!

p.s. stop falling for wums.
Rawn....Luffy.

WUM.

Unread 05-01-2007, 06:23 PM
Fuzzy Dunlop

Build a bridge and get over it

Oh no he di-int!

Talk to the elbow, girl, cause you ain't worth the extention.

U.G.L.Y you ain't gots no alibi!

Unread 05-01-2007, 06:30 PM
MUFC One Love

Mony mony!!

Unread 05-01-2007, 07:32 PM
gbmufc

After grafftin my way through this whole thread I have come to the miraculous conclusion that we dont need anyone and we can put the same eleven players out every week home or away against any formation that is put out against us.

Analysed in this way this thread becomes totally irrevelavent because no one could ever replace our current "best" starting eleven so eleven is all we need.

Please delete all previous posts and remove the word "squad" from the dictionary.

Last one out, turn off the lights!

Unread 05-01-2007, 07:36 PM
Luffy

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbmufc
After grafftin my way through this whole thread I have come to the miraculous conclusion that we dont need anyone and we can put the same eleven players out every week home or away against any formation that is put out against us.

Analysed in this way this thread becomes totally irrevelavent because no one could ever replace our current "best" starting eleven so eleven is all we need.

Please delete all previous posts and remove the word "squad" from the dictionary.

Last one out, turn off the lights!
so you are saying hargreaves is O'Shea's replacement then? squad player? good stuff.

Unread 05-01-2007, 08:16 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUFC One Love
Hargreaves and Carrick are completely different to Gattuso and Pirlo, every player is different.
I personally think they're exceedingly similar, actually.

I agree with this aspect of Luffy's view. I don't like the idea of two midfielders who rarely break into the final third like Carrick and Hargreaves.

Players don't need to be replaced with replicas, but to me a Carrick-Hargreaves partnership lacks a creative threat. I've already been disappointed with Carrick's lack of ability to really influence a game, but that could improve. I just think you put Hargreaves next to him and we're going to find it difficult to break good teams down.

I also think the Hargreaves lovers should be prepared for the fact that he'll probably relegate Giggs to the bench and change our system.
Closed Thread