United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 28-06-2023, 08:35 PM
atticusgrinch

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
How many league goals did Makelele get? Or Fernandinho?
Some players do both

Unread 28-06-2023, 08:39 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by atticusgrinch
Some players do both

He wasn't exactly renowned for his goalscoring exploits at Madrid tbf.

Didn't get sent off there either though..

Unread 28-06-2023, 08:40 PM
jem

Quote:
He wasn't exactly renowned for his goalscoring exploits at Madrid tbf.

Didn't get sent off there either though..
he used to be a striker, though.

Unread 28-06-2023, 08:44 PM
dunk

How many did Partey get, as I’m assuming that’s who he’ll be replacing?

Unread 28-06-2023, 08:45 PM
Baron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger
So £100m on Rice, £65m on Havertz and they’re going to throw another £40m-£50m for Timber too.

No FFP worries for them then? …
They’ve shorn their wage bill to be half of City’s & ours in the last few years. Given Arteta time (& £500m) and now he’s able to dine at the top table (& Havertz) but mostly it’s about getting rid of their lingering shit. We need two years to do the same, unless you’re City or Chelsea fudging it you need to do what’s necessary.

Arteta’s averaged a 5/6th place finish and reaped the rewards last season for having a coherent strategy, they bottled it but he’s been backed, unless we get taken over the fact is we need something similar. We’ve still spent more than them & have a huge wage bill in comparison, we just need to be better at the whole approach.

Unread 28-06-2023, 08:45 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
he used to be a striker, though.
Cas? He’s got a finish in him tbf.

Unread 28-06-2023, 08:59 PM
jem

Quote:
Cas? He’s got a finish in him tbf.
yes, cass.

https://therealchamps.com/2019/10/15...o-the-striker/

Unread 28-06-2023, 09:07 PM
Stickman

Quote:
add him to the list of players that in days of old would have been nailed on to end up at united but these days end up at our rivals.
100%

Unread 28-06-2023, 09:10 PM
Ethers

Quote:
Add him to the list of players that in days of old would have been nailed on to end up at United but these days end up at our rivals.
Depressingly accurate.

Unread 28-06-2023, 10:50 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers
Depressingly accurate.
Yep. And he’ll be a great signing for them. They’ll get a good 6 years out of him at his peak now. Xhaka leaves and they’ve just upgraded him.

Unread 28-06-2023, 10:56 PM
Dasilvatwins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers
Depressingly accurate.
Only June, no need to piss the bed because other teams are making signings

Unread 28-06-2023, 10:57 PM
marlo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron
. We’ve still spent more than them & have a huge wage bill in comparison, we just need to be better at the whole approach.
and our current transfer activity seems to suggest we are changing our ways at all sadly.

Arteta has slowly put together a good squad.

All his signings count near enough.

Where as we have signed players like vdb that will show in our spending but nothing on the pitch or squad outlook.
40m literally wasted.

they signed Jorginho half that.

Unread 28-06-2023, 10:59 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlo
and our current transfer activity seems to suggest we are changing our ways at all sadly.

Where as we have signed players like vdb that will show in our spending but nothing on the pitch or squad outlook.
40m literally wasted.

Aside from Bruno and probably Cavani - all of solksjaers signings turned out to be massive flops.

Unread 28-06-2023, 11:05 PM
marlo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasilvatwins
we say this every year:

the two teams we should be aiming to better have got their shit sorted nice and early while we have unfinished house that’s needs a roof but spending all week having double glazing quotes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
Aside from Bruno and probably Cavani - all of solksjaers signings turned out to be massive flops.
Varane was good as well I’d say But his big money signings were a mad ting (if anyone get what that means )
But maguire , sancho and vdb = 200m

I hope eth and the club have learnt from vdb and not signing a flakey, bland “nothing special in any department” midfielder for big money when we need other areas addressed.

Unread 28-06-2023, 11:17 PM
Baron

Quote:

40m literally wasted.

Arteta has a clear plan and a director of football who previously played under their best manager and is in sync with what they need. No accountants making the decisions, someone else manages the payments. Edu may or may not be good at his job, but he works closely with Arteta and it’s clear that they have a pathway to what they want to do. I’m almost certain it’ll be Wenger-lite and that Lego headed Asperger’s as £#%&! whiteboard & YNWA speaker shit-clown will fail to win, but… they are doing it their way. It’s clear, I hope they fail and implode and shit the bed hard.

But I really just hope we do anything as competently as get the massive wage thief’s off the books and replace them with talent, 24-27 and build something. The mess of managerial philosophies we’ve had shows badly in the squad, ETH has a clear plan. He’s hamstrung the way other managers were but he’s risen above it with aplomb, not perfect but very good. This summer is potentially out of his hands, sale and a DoF missing to fill in the blanks and offload what we don’t need.

We’re not well run, we have spent too much and retained crap players. We have picked up more good players in 12 months than the last 10 years, in ETH we trust. In the board we’ll inevitably bugger it up.

Unread 29-06-2023, 01:01 AM
Stickman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasilvatwins
The uber calm red is such a boring shtick.

Quote:

the two teams we should be aiming to better have got their shit sorted nice and early while we have unfinished house that’s needs a roof but spending all week having double glazing quotes.
And this.

Unread 29-06-2023, 02:43 AM
shenwen

Declan Rice the most expensive British footballer of all time . I suppose it's an improvement on Grealish though

Unread 29-06-2023, 04:25 AM
westcoastvan

That's a lot of money to pay for Declan Rice, but it looks like Arsenal will have a good run at city next year.

I'm not bothered by United not overpaying for him. I'd rather have someone younger and cheaper whose ready to take over from Casemiro in a year or two.

Unread 29-06-2023, 04:46 AM
Stickman

Quote:
Originally Posted by westcoastvan
That's a lot of money to pay for Declan Rice, but it looks like Arsenal will have a good run at city next year.

I'm not bothered by United not overpaying for him. I'd rather have someone younger and cheaper whose ready to take over from Casemiro in a year or two.
I think pairing Casemiro with Rice would have improved our control of games tenfold away from home.

Suppose its moot anyway as it seems he was always Arsenal bound.

Unread 29-06-2023, 05:03 AM
westcoastvan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stickman
I think pairing Casemiro with Rice would have improved our control of games tenfold away from home.

Suppose its moot anyway as it seems he was always Arsenal bound.
Your probably right, he's a lot taller than someone like say Caicedo, and ready made for the starting 11, but for his price....

I think better options will arise.
Closed Thread