Originally Posted by Jack Duckworth View Post
"Rasmus needs to score more goals!"

*Rasmus scores a goal*

"Not like that!"

Unread 16-05-2024, 10:46 AM
magic_cantona

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyman_Roth View Post
Not knocking his goal but I thought the keeper should have saved it or at least parried it. I did only watch it once so I might be wrong.

So important he scored though - he’s been having a difficult time since injury - no service, bad touches, not brilliant positioning etc. that should give him a boost for the final.

Desperate for another striker to take the load off him during the course of a season so he can be rotated sensibly.
"He's a nice lad, but his shit stinks"

Unread 16-05-2024, 10:47 AM
History

tbf it's nice to say it about someone who isn't our goalkeeper for once

Unread 16-05-2024, 10:51 AM
Baron

Quote:
Originally Posted by History View Post
tbf it's nice to say it about someone who isn't our goalkeeper for once
He was recently, so it does track.

Unread 16-05-2024, 10:51 AM
est.1878

Can we safely assume he has a tidy scandi eye candy GF?

Unread 16-05-2024, 11:15 AM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by est.1878 View Post
Can we safely assume he has a tidy scandi eye candy GF?
https://www.instagram.com/laurarhod?...9qbTR5amkyag==

Unread 16-05-2024, 11:24 AM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron View Post
Shouldn’t have passed to Rashers when through.
should have played a better pass.

Unread 16-05-2024, 11:32 AM
Jethro

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem View Post
should have played a better pass.
I've seen fat lads attack a salad bar with more enthusiasm than Rashford in the box.

Unread 16-05-2024, 11:52 AM
Offerington

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Duckworth View Post
"Rasmus needs to score more goals!"

*Rasmus scores a goal*

"Not like that!"
duckers knows...

Unread 16-05-2024, 12:00 PM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jethro View Post
I've seen fat lads attack a salad bar with more enthusiasm than Rashford in the box.
maybe, but he held his run perfectly to stay onside and he would have had a simple finish. it wouldn't have been rasmus's fault. but the pass never gave rashford a chance to show his lack of effort.

Unread 16-05-2024, 12:05 PM
NedKelly

Quote:
maybe, but he held his run perfectly to stay onside and he would have had a simple finish. it wouldn't have been rasmus's fault. but the pass never gave rashford a chance to show his lack of effort.
It looked like Hojlund was in two minds about passing; he should have just taken the shot himself but he obviously was looking to make the pass. Probably had a thousand flashbacks to Rashford fluffing his lines in front of goal which lead to hesitation.

Wasn’t a great pass.

Unread 16-05-2024, 12:19 PM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by NedKelly View Post
It looked like Hojlund was in two minds about passing; he should have just taken the shot himself but he obviously was looking to make the pass. Probably had a thousand flashbacks to Rashford fluffing his lines in front of goal which lead to hesitation.

Wasn’t a great pass.
he made a decision. whether it was the correct one or not, he should have played a better pass. greenwood would have scored.

Unread 16-05-2024, 12:22 PM
suedeshoes

It was indecision and it cost. As a striker, his instinct is to shoot but the better option is to pass. Split second indecision cost him.

He should have shot.

My son is a striker. His view was Rasmus should've shot. "Back yourself to score".

Unread 16-05-2024, 12:27 PM
atticusgrinch

Quote:
Was Rashford onside? It was close and maybe he thought he had to play it back?

It was a lot to consider for a 21 year old lad in a split second in any event.

Unread 16-05-2024, 12:32 PM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by suedeshoes View Post
It was indecision and it cost. As a striker, his instinct is to shoot but the better option is to pass. Split second indecision cost him.

He should have shot.

My son is a striker. His view was Rasmus should've shot. "Back yourself to score".
I'm sure his indecision contributed to the pass being poor. the pass was easier than the shot. as a striker (with no sons), I would have shot. if rashford had complained, I'd have asked him whether he'd have passed to me in the same situation. although I would probably only have used two words.

Quote:
Originally Posted by atticusgrinch View Post
Was Rashford onside?
yes. and, if rashford had been offside, playing it back wouldn't have helped, would it? it was just a shit pass.

Unread 16-05-2024, 12:57 PM
larry

not sure one can claim to be a striker without ever having kicked a ball tbh

Unread 16-05-2024, 11:44 PM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by larry View Post
not sure one can claim to be a striker without ever having kicked a ball tbh
true. I'm a striker. how about you?

Unread 17-05-2024, 03:53 AM
magic_cantona

Unread 19-05-2024, 06:51 PM
Zorg

16 goals and 2 assists in his debut season when players actively avoided passing to him.

Anyone who doesn’t get it is, quite frankly, a #@&%!.

Unread 19-05-2024, 07:04 PM
Jack Duckworth

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorg View Post
16 goals and 2 assists in his debut season when players actively avoided passing to him.

Anyone who doesn’t get it is, quite frankly, a #@&%!.
Yep. Very decent start for him