United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 13-04-2014, 10:24 PM
Bunker Buster

So remembered by another posted and fairly admitted by sparky..

Armchair ???

Chair ???
Armers ?

I won't trawl a flounced posters posts, not the done thing....

Unread 13-04-2014, 10:24 PM
The Watcher

Exclamation

Saffers getting a bit of a kicking here

His "Moyessiah" phase only lasted a couple of months tbf & you could always tell his heart wasn't in it. Staunch outter since September iirc. Similar story with Gay Sparky. A terrifying aberration that soon corrected itself.

Unread 13-04-2014, 10:26 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Watcher

His "Moyessiah" phase only lasted a couple of months tbf & you could always tell his heart wasn't in it. Staunch outter since September iirc. Similar story with Gay Sparky. A terrifying aberration that soon corrected itself.
Who was the last to crack, Throb? Started going on about Martinez being his original choice in February post Athens iirc

Unread 13-04-2014, 10:26 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:

+1

It didnt take them too long and both admitted they were wrong

We're not talking offers and fellaini wrong here.

(Hate to talk ill of the flounced)

Unread 13-04-2014, 10:27 PM
armchair

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horst_ Bucholst
The thought of them winning is awful but its no where near how it was year in year out 3 decades ago
a scouse league win is on par with leeds winning the £#%&!er and wont be repeated till the next blue moon .

anyone who doesn't avoid the media if they do win needs certified .
Thing is they'll over celebrate and ensure they won't come close to winning it for years. They've won a shit league. They are the best team in the league atm but they are still pretty shit. City have gone backwards, So have chelsea and arsenal. We've got so far back we're hardly even relevant.

Unread 13-04-2014, 10:29 PM
The Watcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
Who was the last to crack, Throb? Started going on about Martinez being his original choice in February post Athens iirc
He wasn't a happy camper when I pulled up some of his posts regarding Martinez from last summer. They told a different story

Flounced soon after. No announce either

Unread 13-04-2014, 10:32 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
He wasn't a happy camper when I pulled up some of his posts regarding Martinez from last summer. They told a different story

Flounced soon after. No announce either
Thorb has always liked Martinez, tbf. And I'm pretty sure he hates Moyes deep down.

But he had a shocking season of denial, nqat. He'll be back stronger for it next season imo.

Unread 13-04-2014, 10:32 PM
Michael Myers

How anybody ever thought Moyes was going to do a good job astounds me. Were they in a ten year coma during his time at Everton?

That said, we all make mistakes...

Unread 13-04-2014, 10:34 PM
Zorg

Quote:
Samuel has got it into his head that Liverpool's impending success is remarkable because of the amount of British players they have. He said last week that it's been well over a decade since a team with such a prominent British core won a major trophy.

Weird, because I could have sworn United became European Champions in Moscow with six England internationals in the line-up
ffs

They're outdoing themselves on this. Apparently Liverpool's team is both amazingly English and amazingly cheap.

Unread 13-04-2014, 10:34 PM
moyescaust

is it true that sturridge has picked up a hamstring injury?

for me he is closer to Kevin Phillips/ James Beattie class than top class but it would certainly mean that Liverpool have a lot less pace to play with if he is out.

suarez will have to play closer to the defence and hopefully will kick out or something, get a red card.

£#%&! it I bet sturridge only misses the Norwich game.

Unread 13-04-2014, 10:35 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Myers
How anybody ever thought Moyes was going to do a good job astounds me. Were they in a ten year coma during his time at Everton?

That said, we all make mistakes...
I think my reasoning was 'he did pretty good with limited resources, he'll do better with better players and resources'. I haven't got things that wrong since the day I decided to park behind a TNT lorry.

Unread 13-04-2014, 10:47 PM
Neo

Quote:

Big Gay Sparky was adamant that Moyes was the right man; he was professing his belief as early as July that Moyes would 'clear out all the deadwood', bring a breath of fresh air to the club and whip the slackers in the United team into shape with his regimental training.

I was the same, tbf. I even backed him up until the Mata signing, and I'm sure even some fierce Moyes-Outers had a change of heart when we signed the Spaniard. Arsenal away ended it for me. Mata hugging the touchline, Rooney and Van Persie seemingly allergic to one another, and Moyes masterminding his way to a gutless 0-0 draw. Get the £#%&! out, @#%&!.

Unread 13-04-2014, 10:55 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo

Big Gay Sparky was adamant that Moyes was the right man; he was professing his belief as early as July that Moyes would 'clear out all the deadwood', bring a breath of fresh air to the club and whip the slackers in the United team into shape with his regimental training.

I was the same, tbf. I even backed him up until the Mata signing, and I'm sure even some fierce Moyes-Outers had a change of heart when we signed the Spaniard. Arsenal away ended it for me. Mata hugging the touchline, Rooney and Van Persie seemingly allergic to one another, and Moyes masterminding his way to a gutless 0-0 draw. Get the £#%&! out, @#%&!.
I think we were all totally underwhelmed and disappointed when he was given the job but were prepared to give the bloke a chance.

The fact that some of us had our worst fears realised a mere 3 months into the season says it all about just how bad it's been. There were small signs of life here and there but January hit us all in the face like a £#%&!ing wet fish and it's been a tragic, depressing downward spiral ever since.

Unread 13-04-2014, 10:57 PM
Switching Off

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorg
City coaches bricked by scousers.

http://forums.bluemoon-mcfc.co.uk/vi... 8ae460ee6ab74

They must have been so upset by that disaster the other week
Telegraph covering it now. On a day when they should be celebrating/grieving/patting themselves on the back, at least there's been something we can slag them off for.

Unread 13-04-2014, 11:04 PM
Ashley's Grime

I can feel myself falling out of love with football again. Even worse than 2005 this.

Unread 13-04-2014, 11:04 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
I think we were all totally underwhelmed and disappointed when he was given the job but were prepared to give the bloke a chance.

The fact that some of us had our worst fears realised a mere 3 months into the season says it all about just how bad it's been. There were small signs of life here and there but January hit us all in the face like a £#%&!ing wet fish and it's been a tragic, depressing downward spiral ever since.
Yep. There were a few brief passages - the period leading up to the win against Arsenal, and again at the end of 2013 - when you could manage a fragile optimism; "maybe he will, after all, grow into the job". But since that holocaust against Spurs on NYD it has been sledgehammer blow after sledgehammer blow :shakehead:

This will be spoken of for decades to come - OUTSIDE football as well - as one of *the* most epic succession £#%&! ups of all time.

Unread 13-04-2014, 11:05 PM
S/Side.Red

I eased off Moyes for about two weeks, then saw his first press conference. Had to slap myself for leaving reality for a bit.

I'm actually almost over the Moyes hump by now tbh, to the extent that I'm seeing a bright new future now. Convinced he'll be gone within the next month and we'll get a proper manager in who will sp*nk a shitload of money on some top players this summer

Unread 13-04-2014, 11:11 PM
Serenity Now

Quote:
Samuel has got it into his head that Liverpool's impending success is remarkable because of the amount of British players they have. He said last week that it's been well over a decade since a team with such a prominent British core won a major trophy.

Weird, because I could have sworn United became European Champions in Moscow with six England internationals in the line-up
If Liverpool win the league, having finished seventh last season and spending far less money than Arsenal, Chesea, City and United, I think a strong case can be made for it being the biggest achievement in English domestic football since the days of Brian Clough. All the praise they get will be absolutely merited. It's sickening.

Unread 13-04-2014, 11:23 PM
thenorthwillriseagain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo
Apparently he was the one who organised the squad's visit to the Munich memorial site last week, which shows you that his heart is in the right place.
It's this kind of sentimental stuff that we laughed at Rodgers for doing (changing the anfield nets to red etc) he should be on the training pitch administering an attacking football policy or writing his notice, when he becomes a winner we can praise him for "getting it" unfortunately that will never happen

Unread 13-04-2014, 11:24 PM
Neo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serenity Now
"I hate Moyes, personally. He moans at everything and encourages the most turgid shite to be played by his side every week." - S/Side.Red back in 2006.

Siders is the ultimate sage, tbf. I remember Throb trying to arrogantly mock him when Siders complained about Moyes' reluctance to say he wanted to play attacking football during his first United presser.

Turns out Siders was bang on, and Moyes' one-eyed stubbornness to stick with his negative, safety-first, percentage football has been his biggest downfall as a United manager IMO. It's one of the things that I'll want to hear from the next manager, too - a determination to play attacking football, adhering to the principles of Manchester United.
Closed Thread