United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Manchester United Match Thread Archive

Unread 24-10-2021, 07:53 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by tatty

The reason is the same one given over the last couple of seasons.

It isn't deep, complex or confusing.
Last season we - at least arguably - challenged credibly for the title for the first time since SAF, and reached the Europa final.

We then added quality players in the summer (something that hasn't always happened)

So, what happened?

Unread 24-10-2021, 07:53 PM
Gypsum Fantastic

It's a Manchester United forum.

Unread 24-10-2021, 07:56 PM
sweetleftfoot

Feeling dark tonight. Hangover kicking in. Cannot remember a United side lacking so much tempo and desire, especially against them. Proper hurting.

Unread 24-10-2021, 07:58 PM
tatty

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
Last season we - at least arguably - challenged credibly for the title for the first time since SAF, and reached the Europa final.

We then added quality players in the summer (something that hasn't always happened)

So, what happened?

At no point has Ole showed the tactical nous to justify being United manager.

We've had runs of results (some fortunate) but that doesn't make him the right manager.

I didn't want him as caretaker, I definitely didn't want him permanently, and I don't want him in the job past 8pm tonight.

None of the above changes the fact he is a club legend as a player and always will be.

Unread 24-10-2021, 08:18 PM
My Name is Heath

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Name is Heath
“Stop it - he’s already dead” Simpsons gifs being posted after 60 minutes

Photoshop of Ole on a Squid Game image at full time

5-2 to the dippers

Dark days. Not good at all.

Went to a school event this morning and met a giant Zulu guy in a United top. Man - the sadness in his eyes when I asked him about the game….
Almost...if that heel had not strayed Offside Ronaldo would have had 1

Things look grim

Unread 24-10-2021, 08:26 PM
Harry Flashman

We had results like this under Fergie.
City 6 1

We then turned into a boring functional side.
We won the league a season or so later.

This side slash management team has....

Neither the nouse, ability or credit with the support to move on from here.

Unread 24-10-2021, 08:39 PM
dunk

That was utterly disgusting. Heartbreaking.

£#%&! everything else, I’m sick to the back £#%&!ing teeth of every team we face being faster, stronger, more alert and wanting it more. We lose every 1v1, second to every ball, shit out of every 50/50, out muscled everywhere on the pitch. Pathetic.

Be interesting to see the form since the Liverpool game last season got called off. We were going into that game as favourites, got it postponed and have been shite ever since.

Big respect to Klopp for calling the dogs off at 5 tbh. Could’ve been as many as they wanted. Embarrassing.

Unread 24-10-2021, 08:45 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk

£#%&! everything else, I’m sick to the back £#%&!ing teeth of every team we face being faster, stronger, more alert and wanting it more. We lose every 1v1, second to every ball, shit out of every 50/50, out muscled everywhere on the pitch. Pathetic.

Be interesting to see the form since the Liverpool game last season got called off. We were going into that game as favourites, got it postponed and have been shite ever since.

Big respect to Klopp for calling the dogs off at 5 tbh. Could’ve been as many as they wanted. Embarrassing.
So it's the protestors fault now ????

You know there's 5 £#%&!ing #@&%!s in the dig out that try and coach us week in week out ..

Unread 24-10-2021, 08:47 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
So it's the protestors fault now ????

You know there's 5 £#%&!ing #@&%!s in the dig out that try and coach us week in week out ..
Said at the time it would bite us on the arse. Did it? £#%&!ing hell

Been on a downward trajectory ever since.

Unread 24-10-2021, 08:48 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Said at the time it would bite us on the arse. Did it? £#%&!ing hell

Been on a downward trajectory ever since.
Yep remember at the time you sat on your arse as we tried to force the glazers and the football world to wake up....

Thanks for reminder us....

Unread 24-10-2021, 08:51 PM
Coracao

Wondered what the latest excuse would be.

Protestors in May

Unread 24-10-2021, 08:51 PM
dunk

Quote:
Yep remember at the time you sat on your arse as we tried to force the glazers and the football world to wake up....

Yeah, right, ok pal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coracao

Protestors in May
Not an excuse, more a line in the sand. No excuse for that shit on the pitch.

Unread 24-10-2021, 08:52 PM
tatty

Quote:

I'm trying to find the bit where you acknowledge Ole isn't good enough.

All I can see is it's either the players fault or the fans.

Unread 24-10-2021, 08:53 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coracao

Protestors in May

That + a euro hangover and here we are..

Unread 24-10-2021, 08:54 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by tatty
I'm trying to find the bit where you acknowledge Ole isn't good enough.

All I can see is it's either the players fault or the fans.
His stubborn refusal to accept Bruno isn’t a 3rd midfielder or to ask his wingers to actually defend occasionally is absurd. He’s done a brilliant job but gone as far as he can.

Unread 24-10-2021, 08:55 PM
ZiggyStardust

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Flashman
We had results like this under Fergie.
City 6 1

We then turned into a boring functional side.
We won the league a season or so later.

This side slash management team has....

Neither the nouse, ability or credit with the support to move on from here.
The result is bad but the performance is the problem

It was 1-0 when we went down to 10 men in that game and 3-1 at around 90 min
It was nativity at the end that caused a freak result

There was nothing freakish today about the result other than than it should have been much more
We only lost by 5 because Liverpool took pity on us after Pogba red, if they really wanted to they could have easily beat us by 8 or 9
It does not get worse than this

Pisses me off how easily we can get beat at home by our rivals as Liverpool never let us or anyone else get a win at Anfield easily never mind give them a hammering
These results have only happened under Glazer’s so maybe that’s the reason as we’re not really any longer run as a football club with some pride

Unread 24-10-2021, 08:56 PM
Hyman_Roth

Quote:

One of my proudest moments as a united fan in 40+ years of supporting them. And it was only a little thing.

Unread 24-10-2021, 08:57 PM
Zorg

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZiggyStardust

Jesus Christ

Unread 24-10-2021, 08:58 PM
Fat Al

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZiggyStardust

There was nothing freakish today about the result other than than it should have been much more
We only lost by 5 because Liverpool took pity on us after Pogba red, if they really wanted to they could have easily beat us by 8 or 9
It does not get worse than this

Pisses me off how easily we can get beat at home by our rivals as Liverpool never let us or anyone else get a win at Anfield easily never mind give them a hammering
These results have only happened under Glazer’s so maybe that’s the reason as we’re not really any longer run as a football club with some pride
Yup, get rid of the manger.

Unread 24-10-2021, 08:58 PM
Drexl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorg
Jesus Christ
it was his birthday tbf