Closed Thread

Unread 03-09-2008, 02:02 PM
Vic Mackey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thiago
Cheap @#%&!s.

Will regret this.
Tight bastards.

Should have gone for a continental technical coach.

Unread 03-09-2008, 02:03 PM
Ginners

not arsed

players on the pitch count not the #2

Unread 03-09-2008, 02:05 PM
Part 36 Offer

Im quite happy for him tbh.

I met him in the press club once and chatted over a can of red stripe. Top bloke. He had trousers on unfortunately.

Also when I was a kid my brother and I used to call one of our bikes 'Bike Phelan' whenever the ball used to hit it. We had a net in our garage and the bike was stood on the side.

It was a Raleigh extreme.

Unread 03-09-2008, 02:14 PM
puressence

youve lost your hairline phelan your hairline phelan youve lost your hairline phelan its gone gone oooooooooaaaaaaaaaaaa

Unread 03-09-2008, 02:15 PM
Part 36 Offer

Quote:
Originally Posted by puressence
youve lost your hairline phelan your hairline phelan youve lost your hairline phelan its gone gone oooooooooaaaaaaaaaaaa
I can see that taking off pure.

Jesus wept.

Unread 03-09-2008, 02:22 PM
Jack Duckworth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Part 36 Offer
I can see that taking off pure.

Jesus wept.
it used to be sung at OT, didn't it? sure i remember something to that tune about phelan anyway?

Unread 03-09-2008, 02:27 PM
SilverSurfer

It did, pretty sure it was (same tune) "We've got that Mickey Phelan"

Unread 03-09-2008, 02:28 PM
Part 36 Offer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Duckworth
it used to be sung at OT, didn't it? sure i remember something to that tune about phelan anyway?
Did it?

I don't remember it.

Unread 03-09-2008, 02:32 PM
Part 36 Offer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSurfer
It did, pretty sure it was (same tune) "We've got that Mickey Phelan"
TBF i was born in 82 so that's probs why.

Unread 03-09-2008, 02:32 PM
My Name is Keith

It did.

hardly sung in the ground due to his complete inability to excite but it got a fair airing in the pubs.

Unread 03-09-2008, 02:35 PM
antonin jablonsky

Let's take a moment to consider our favourite Mickey Phelan moments.

Erm?

Unread 03-09-2008, 02:41 PM
Qwertyuiop

I think Sir Alex Ferguson is a better judge of number 2s than you lot (and I dont mean in a Gillian McKeith kind of way).

Forza Phelan.

Unread 03-09-2008, 02:50 PM
flange

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonin jablonsky
Dunno, do any of our p[layers not speak English?
Rooney struggles a bit

Unread 03-09-2008, 02:51 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by flange
Rooney struggles a bit
Rio too, what exactly does "Braaaaaaaaaaaaap!!!" mean?

Unread 03-09-2008, 02:54 PM
dodger

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonin jablonsky
Let's take a moment to consider our favourite Mickey Phelan moments.Erm?
Didn't he try to score from the halfway line playing for england once? It ended up near the corner flag I think but nice idea. He was kind of teh Beckham of his day but without the youth, looks, skill or flair.

Unread 03-09-2008, 03:12 PM
Zorg

His very simple pass to Mark Robins, FA Cup semi-final v Oldham, 1990.

Barry Davies' commentary was better though.

Seriously, Fergie has always needed a good number two. Without one he tends to go a bit funny.

Unread 03-09-2008, 03:12 PM
Pete's Shoes

Think that was Geoff Thomas mate. I distinctly remember Phelan being booed at OT against Chelsea if memory serves. He was good in the ECWC run though in 91. No idea what he'll be like as a number 2 but if Fergie likes him, who are we to argue. McClaren hasn't exactly done much since he left, Quieiroz was a shambles at Madrid as was Meulensteen at Brondby.

Unread 03-09-2008, 03:15 PM
captain scarlet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Duckworth
i used to train with blackpool when phelan was the assistant manager to gary megson there. all i can say is that i hope his training technique has improved since then. it mainly consisted of shuttle runs, laps of the field, and shooting practice, while he chatted to the other coaches.

deary, deary me :shakehead:
Not the insight i was looking for mate.

Unread 03-09-2008, 03:24 PM
borsuk

no-one on this thread has the slightest idea about what phelan does or is capable of. fergie could have brought in virtually anyone in the world, especially as he's off in a couple of years, but has decided to promote mickey and rene. we can be sure of one thing: it's not done for sentimental reasons. it's done because fergie rates mickey and rene and they have the respect of the players.

£#%&!ing great news imo that we're promoting from within the club. interesting that fergie made a point of saying that mickey's role in the club's success is not generally appreciated.

looking forward to his first press conference already.

Unread 03-09-2008, 03:27 PM
dodger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete's Shoes
Think that was Geoff Thomas mate.
Very simila but Mickeys was from further out.
Closed Thread