United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 12-07-2008, 11:08 AM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiffy
No way did he. He scored lots of goals but they weren't sublime pieces of skill. When Ronaldo loses his pace, he'll be average. See Owen and Henry as examples of that.
I wouldn't disagree with the loss of pace assessment, but you just have to loo at Ronaldo's goal collection last season to see how muh more there is to his game than pace. He scored 2 headers that rank alogside any of Berbatov's goals against £#%&!ing shit teams.

Unread 12-07-2008, 11:09 AM
marlo stansfield

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,195...386074,00.html

Unread 12-07-2008, 11:13 AM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlo stansfield
He's certaily repaid the faith Spurs have show in him, hasn't he 1 decent season followed by 12 months of slapped arsedom interspursed with the occasional performances to keep potential suitors interested.

He's a #@&%!.

Unread 12-07-2008, 11:18 AM
marlo stansfield

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,195...864033,00.html

Unread 12-07-2008, 11:54 AM
magic_cantona

What a £#%&!ing length LMC is.

I really do hope you get food poisoning today.

Unread 12-07-2008, 12:00 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lou_Macari_Chippy
Nothing like lining yourself up to be shot down, so in that spirit i'm going to predict that if he comes, he will not do very well.

Such a statement needs a few bullet points to back it up -
  • Style of Play -Not the quickest is he? he can be on occasion but mostly he sort of 'drifts' around the forward line, and although he does posses incredible skill which will no doubt on occasion work for us, i cant help but think generally he's going to allow that few seconds of pause that makes the difference between catching a defense out and allowing them time to organise and get numbers behind the ball. What i see in my crystal ball is many games where we dominate possession but are unable to carve out decent chances and end up drawing more than our normal quota.
  • Age -Because i think he's a good footballer, he may eventually fit in, if this was a signing of two years ago, i'd be somewhat more positive, however he's now almost 30 and with him being a bit on the mardy side, i just dont see him having the time to bed in over a couple of seasons.

Of course this is just a prediction and i cant really lose because if i'm wrong it means he's been a success and we'll all get to see some great football from him. I'm only too glad to eat humble pie if thats the case.

Be interested hearing other predictions from our sea of knowledge here...
In my opinion, you shouldn't have bullet-pointed the last two bits of your latest exciting prediction of United failure.

They will fail soon, they will fail soon, they will fail soon, they will fail soon, they will fail soon, they will fail soon, they will fail soon etc

Lou_Macari_Chippy

Quote:
Originally Posted by magic_cantona

It's a prediction based on a potential signing and his suitability to the team, if you're not interested in predicting how he'll do get the £#%&! off the thread you £#%&!ing fudge packer.

marlo stansfield

Quote:

typical nothing post.

Unread 12-07-2008, 12:06 PM
Lou_Macari_Chippy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb
They will fail soon, they will fail soon, they will fail soon, they will fail soon, they will fail soon, they will fail soon, they will fail soon etc
I just cant be arsed replying, it's ok the message is out LMC is anti MUFC, there's at least half a dozen on here that agree with you, but keep on churning out the same old material; Stan Boardman of Fred you are

magic_cantona

Quote:
typical nothing post.

Oh the £#%&!ing irony.

Zorg

Another similarity with Cantona is that people said similar things about him when he was at Leeds - oh he sulks, he's childish, he doesn't care, he goes missing when the team are losing. Complete %@#$&!s in the end.
Of course it may turn out to be true about Berbatov, but I'm always suspicious of that way of thinking.

I think Berbatov would go to either extreme, he'd either be a huge success or an embarrassing flop. But my money's on the former.

Unread 12-07-2008, 12:15 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
I just cant be arsed replying, it's ok the message is out LMC is anti MUFC, there's at least half a dozen on here that agree with you, but keep on churning out the same old material; Stan Boardman of Fred you are
I just can't be arsed replying

Unread 12-07-2008, 12:18 PM
magic_cantona

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb
I just can't be arsed replying
Throb, it's been a while, but I agree.

At least I know you're a United supporter.

Unread 12-07-2008, 12:20 PM
marlo stansfield

Quote:
Throb, it's been a while, but I agree.

At least I know you're a United supporter.
another informative post with substance.

or is it a nothing post?

you decide.

Unread 12-07-2008, 12:22 PM
shenwen

Quote:
You cant say that without giving me your prediction; if you're so clever how do you think he'll do?
since when does making half baked predictions make a person clever?

I think it would be far cleverer to first wait and ses if he signs and then judge him on his first season.

but, if he signs, I will definitely be more optimistic than pessimistic. not surprised you opt for the latter.

Unread 12-07-2008, 12:23 PM
magic_cantona

Quote:
another informative post with substance.

or is it a nothing post?

you decide.
You're a £#%&!ing obsessed little weasel, aren't you?

Following my every post around and replying with 'nothing post'.How sad.

You've never been to United, support Arsenal and you've got a gammy hand.I can see why you're so upset.

Unread 12-07-2008, 12:31 PM
Smiling Bastard

Here's a nothing post for you:

According to wikipedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dimitar_Berbatov) Berbatov used to idolize SOP (points off), learned English by watching the Godfather films (points on), and his hobby is colouring* (Believe points). All in all, more positive than negative.

*My translation of "drawing and basketball".

Unread 12-07-2008, 12:31 PM
Lou_Macari_Chippy

Quote:
Originally Posted by shenwen
since when does making half baked predictions make a person clever?

I think it would be far cleverer to first wait and ses if he signs and then judge him on his first season.

but, if he signs, I will definitely be more optimistic than pessimistic. not surprised you opt for the latter.
I think you're taking this a bit too seriously shen, it's just using your knowledge of united and a potential new player to predict how it turns out - it doesn't really matter if you're right or wrong, nobodies claiming to be a genius if they get it right or stupid if they get it wrong it's just a bit of fun to predict sometimes... be a bit boring if we took your approach to eveything dont you think?

Unread 12-07-2008, 12:33 PM
Lou_Macari_Chippy

Quote:
You're a £#%&!ing obsessed little weasel, aren't you?

Following my every post around and replying with 'nothing post'.How sad.

You've never been to United, support Arsenal and you've got a gammy hand.I can see why you're so upset.
Is marlo also anti United? any others magic or is that it?

Unread 12-07-2008, 12:36 PM
MJ Ramone

I've got to be honest & say the Berbatov 'type' (ie, languid, moody, brooding) of footballer doesn't do much for me to be honest.

But if he wears the shirt next season I'll give him the benefit of the doubt of course.

If the Slave is set free we should spend the money on Berbatov AND Huntelaar...+ another wide option.
Closed Thread