The Watcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by roterteufel
Radamel Falcao

Unread 02-07-2008, 01:07 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb
Ferguson and Quieroz guided the squad through the end of last season expertly. But United only just had enough to ease over the line in the league AND see off Barcelona and Chelsea in the CL. So far Chelsea have added a new manager and some top players in their respective positions.

3-in-a-row is traditionally the ultimate test of a team in England. That's why Ferguson is the only manager ever to achieve it, and why United are going to have to be physically up for the biggest fight of their careers week after week after week if they are to become the first team ever to achieve it twice.

Unite3d are fair game for all-comers, including referees, in England and in Europe next season. And the brilliant signings of last summer need to step up to the mark from the off this time.
There's also the issue of extra games in the Supercup and the Club World Championships, which will not only add to our travel/fixture list in the first half of the season, but also see us making up games in midweek in the second half, which could be a major problem if we've got a couple of injuries. With Chelsea looking strong, it's going to be a very big ask for us to repeat what we did last season. I think we need two or three players, I'd be very surprised if it was just the one, especially as we're seemingly prepared to offload a couple.

Unread 02-07-2008, 01:35 PM
dodger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb
3-in-a-row is traditionally the ultimate test of a team in England. That's why Ferguson is the only manager ever to achieve it, and why United are going to have to be physically up for the biggest fight of their careers week after week after week if they are to become the first team ever to achieve it twice.

Eh?

Unread 02-07-2008, 01:42 PM
MUFC One Love

I think we'll sign Berbatov.

Or maybe I'm only saying that 'cos I really want it to happen.

Unread 02-07-2008, 01:44 PM
The Watcher

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodger
Eh?
I believe PNE, Arsenal and Liverpool all changed managers during their League hatricks.

Unread 02-07-2008, 01:57 PM
Darth Vidic

Huddersfield changed as well

Unread 02-07-2008, 02:48 PM
dodger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Vidic
Huddersfield changed as well
Did they? I thought Chapman did 'em all.

Edit: I shall withdraw gracefully
Closed Thread