United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
View Poll Results: Is Beckham a United Legend?
Yes 21 42.86%
No 28 57.14%
Voters: 49. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Unread 12-01-2007, 03:39 PM
violater

gary neville,scholes and giggs are all united legends...

beckham is no where near a legend in my eyes.

a player who lied to the fans,negociated a move to madrid while at the club,couldnt decide who he wanted to win against the scousers,took his england captaincy more important than his place at united....

i think its a insult to scholes,giggs and neville to put beckham in the same bracket as them.

Unread 12-01-2007, 03:40 PM
Billy Baroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Watcher
Can't agree crumps. More often then not, when United have needed something different or special, it's been Giggs who provided it. Juve at home 97/98, Cup Semi 99, Highbury 03...the list is endless. Played in centre midfield for the 2nd half of last season (with o'shea ffs!) and looked outstanding. And he's been doing it since 1992. Legend.

One Love - replace Nevile? He's playing the best football of his life!
giggs has had at least 2 very average periods in his career, not least of which when he had to mature and develop his game when he couldn't just go on the outside with pure pace

fair play to him, he came through it but there was a time when i thought it might be time for him to go

neville has been the best right back in this country for over a decade

Unread 12-01-2007, 03:44 PM
El Calafate

but Neville is a @#%&!. nft.

Unread 12-01-2007, 03:45 PM
Part 36 Offer

What is the bit about being undecided whether he wanted the scousers to win violater?

Unread 12-01-2007, 03:45 PM
Part 36 Offer

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Calafate
but Neville is a @#%&!. nft.

Why is Neville a @#%&!?

Unread 12-01-2007, 03:47 PM
violater

http://home.skysports.com/list.aspx?...&clid=1&cpid=8

look at the rubbish the #@&%! was coming out with.

as if he was being forced out....

Unread 12-01-2007, 03:49 PM
El Calafate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carrick
Why is Neville a @#%&!?
everyone knows neville is a @#%&!. if he played for anyone else you would say the same. nft.

Unread 12-01-2007, 03:51 PM
Tiberian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Baroo
giggs has had at least 2 very average periods in his career, not least of which when he had to mature and develop his game when he couldn't just go on the outside with pure pace

fair play to him, he came through it but there was a time when i thought it might be time for him to go

neville has been the best right back in this country for over a decade
Wingers generally have quite a short shelf life, Giggs has been at the top for 15 years, on the wing, for one of the worlds best clubs. That is an incredible achievement for a winger when your game can be analyzed to death. Superbly talented player, flawed yes, but brilliant to watch.

Yes he had had the odd bad period, not as many as some make out. 94/95 stands out for me, but he has always found a way to contribute, creates so many goals. Just wish he could finish.

Some highlights of him.

[YOUTUBE]U0AxXAQRy5s[/YOUTUBE]

i

Unread 12-01-2007, 03:53 PM
Part 36 Offer

Quote:
Originally Posted by violater™

Cheers mate, couldn't see the bit about the scousers though.

Unread 12-01-2007, 03:54 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by violater™

This is confusing. If you think it is rubbish, why are you quoting it?

On the other hand, maybe you think everything you read about Beckham is true? In which case one story is worth as much as the next.

And yet whatever version you want to believe, you will be able to find it written down somewhere by someone or other.

Oh what a tangled web we weave.........

Unread 12-01-2007, 04:02 PM
Part 36 Offer

Great compilation Tiberian.

Giggsy is an absolute joy to watch. His balance is reminiscent of the great Besty and the way he unbalnches defenders is simply outstanding.

One attribute many people fail to mention is his tackling. Possibly one of the best sliding tacklers I have seen at United.

Unread 12-01-2007, 04:07 PM
£#%&! KFC

who the £#%&! is Peter Schmichael......#@&%!

Unread 12-01-2007, 04:09 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lou_Macari_Chippy
I'd like to know what others have as their criteria for a legend and who they consider legends.
Good question. All the players on your list would be in my best ever squad for sure.

Legends are stories to regale future generations with and pass down through time though I always thought. So on that basis, Beckham's name would crop up time and again, especially talking about 95/96 and 98/99.

Unread 12-01-2007, 04:14 PM
Whip Hubley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carrick
Disagree wholeheartedly.

People have waxed lyrical about Evra as an attacking option this year but the amount of times Gary gets up and down the touch line it's unreal. His fitness for a 31 year old is second to none.

His whole life has been dedicated to United. True Legend.
not questioning his dedication or indeed his ability to get down the wing - i £#%&!ing love him as a player, it sounds odd but i just don't think he has/had the right character to be a true united legend. he's not got that certain something. what it is don't ask me, i expect lots of "what does the guy have to do " type replies which i can't answer.

Unread 12-01-2007, 04:21 PM
Skag Trendy

No

Was a great player for us though.

Unread 12-01-2007, 04:23 PM
Part 36 Offer

Quote:
Originally Posted by £#%&! KFC
who the £#%&! is Peter Schmichael......#@&%!

Ex-City.

Unread 12-01-2007, 04:23 PM
El Calafate

the most gutted i've been when i player left was:

Stam, Whiteside, Kanchelskis and Veron. they are more legends to me than some others mentioned. nft.

Unread 12-01-2007, 04:24 PM
£#%&! KFC

Schmeichel is a @#%&!. fantastic player for us and best keeper I've ever seen. then he went and spoiled it all by signing for those @#%&!s and conducting the Munich singing choir when they won the World Cup against us.

which makes him a complete @#%&!.

Unread 12-01-2007, 04:25 PM
Part 36 Offer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigMikeA
i'd have slight reservations towards schmeichel - *dons tin hat* - his attitude towards united post-united. the way he cheered when he played for city against us etc.. sounds INCREDIBLY petty but i don't think he had a great depth of feeling towards the club.

feel free to prove me wrong, as obviously his pedigree as a player isn't under debate. all the others in that list are definites.

and i delievered the guys paper for years and he never tipped me

Agree with that. His affinity for the club is dubious to say the least.

Unread 12-01-2007, 04:26 PM
Tiberian

Quote:
Originally Posted by £#%&! KFC
Schmeichel is a @#%&!. fantastic player for us and best keeper I've ever seen. then he went and spoiled it all by signing for those @#%&!s and conducting the Munich singing choir when they won the World Cup against us.

which makes him a complete @#%&!.
He also comes across as a boring condescending prat while on the BBC, drones on to interminable lengths.
Closed Thread