United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 19-12-2007, 02:53 PM
Smeggs

All in All, i will be gutted if Wes left. Louis was great at the start of last season and if could just get fit and sort out his head i wouldn't want him going anywhere.

Berbatov doesn't do it for me and is way overpriced even though he is looking to move. He certianly hasn't impressed me on tv or in the flesh to the extent that i'd want him in a red shirt.

striker needed yes, but not that one thanks.

Unread 19-12-2007, 02:56 PM
24hr Leavesey

Quote:
Originally Posted by thatsfuctit
I don't think you can say that unless he has had the opportunity to be fair...

Did you know much about Eric when he got knocked from a trial at Sheff Weds, i £#%&!ing didn't. The enfant terrible of french football - Wilkinson took a punt - we got the benefit.

He didn't get 'knocked', (I'm assuming you mean £#%&!ed off there...)

He walked out.

Eric don't do trials. Y'dig ?

Unread 19-12-2007, 02:57 PM
Ed Sullivan

My Spurs mates reckons they're only interested in Nani.

Unread 19-12-2007, 03:02 PM
borsuk

of course berbatov has the ability to succeed at united - i haven't heard anyone say anything different. it's his attitude that's questioned. personally i think the tevez - rooney front two is as good as we're going to get and i don't think berbatov is going to be happy on the bench. i also wonder how he'd cope in a team where he won't be the big star - far from it, in fact.

we've got a superb team spirit at the moment - our extra man, if you like. from what i've seen of berbatov this season i doubt he'd be a positive influence, talent or no.

Unread 19-12-2007, 03:05 PM
24hr Leavesey

Quote:
Originally Posted by borsuk
of course berbatov has the ability to succeed at united - i haven't heard anyone say anything different. it's his attitude that's questioned. personally i think the tevez - rooney front two is as good as we're going to get and i don't think berbatov is going to be happy on the bench. i also wonder how he'd cope in a team where he won't be the big star - far from it, in fact.

we've got a superb team spirit at the moment - our extra man, if you like. from what i've seen of berbatov this season i doubt he'd be a positive influence, talent or no.

Quagrella's the fella for me. Wouldn't demand a starting place and looks a good replacement for Saha imo.

Unread 19-12-2007, 03:14 PM
MUFC One Love

I don't buy into this "he wouldn't be happy in a team surrounded by stars" and how he "wouldn't be happy on the bench". It doesn't work like that. They would all get enough games. If folk think we can rely on Rooney and Tevez all season in every competition don't start moaning when we inevitably have tired legs and the team seem to run out of ideas and get turned over in the European Cup latter stages. He doesn't want to come for the money so he obviously knows he will have to work hard to get in the team, this attitude thing comes from the fact that they didn't let him move this summer, then they had all the upheaval and %@#$&!s at Spurs then he watches a superb United team which he knows he could/would be a part of. He is a very good player and would be a great addition.

Unread 19-12-2007, 03:20 PM
The Watcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by 24hr Leavesey
Quagrella's the fella for me. Wouldn't demand a starting place and looks a good replacement for Saha imo.
Isn't he another "number 10". I haven't really seen him play, but all the reports I've read of him suggests he is.

The young lad at Lyon looks a great prospect, but I doubt they'll even consider selling till the summer. Even then, our relationship with Lyon isn't great

Despite some reservations, I still wouldn't be averse to Berbatov joining. He was the striker I wanted in the summer – he’s just the kind of player I like watching. He oozes talent and would fit into our system easily. As far as his character is concerned, I'm sure Fergie wouldn't sign a player he thought would act like a slapped arse if he were dropped.

Unread 19-12-2007, 03:47 PM
Rossi the Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUFC One Love
I don't buy into this "he wouldn't be happy in a team surrounded by stars" and how he "wouldn't be happy on the bench". It doesn't work like that. They would all get enough games. If folk think we can rely on Rooney and Tevez all season in every competition don't start moaning when we inevitably have tired legs and the team seem to run out of ideas and get turned over in the European Cup latter stages. He doesn't want to come for the money so he obviously knows he will have to work hard to get in the team, this attitude thing comes from the fact that they didn't let him move this summer, then they had all the upheaval and %@#$&!s at Spurs then he watches a superb United team which he knows he could/would be a part of. He is a very good player and would be a great addition.
Nft.
Closed Thread