United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 13-07-2007, 02:32 PM
Serenity Now

Default El Conejito signs a four-year deal with Madrid worth around 2.5 million Euros p/a

Unread 13-07-2007, 03:02 PM
S/Side.Red

Default Saviola quotes

Quote:
"I am just starting a new chapter in my life. I did not betray or kill anyone," he explained.

"A lot of people from Barcelona have called me. Friends, colleagues and people who I worked with.

"Their support has surprised me a lot. Above all we a human beings and deserve some respect and I have been given that.

"There is a rivalry, but on a personal note they have all wished me the best.

"I do not feel anything. The criticism has not affected me at all.

"I live in the present and I have my family around me and I am happy. What else can you ask for?

"The life of a player can be sorted into chapters. Each one is different. Now I am a Real Madrid player and will give everything to the club for the confidence that they have shown in me."

"It is always important that a coach has confidence in a player," Saviola continued.

"It makes you feel important and gives you a boost. But the most important thing forming a great team is that everyone enjoys themselves.

"I am delighted to be here and cannot wait to start playing. I want to earn the respect of the fans.

"In a club as big as this you have to work hard and win the supporters over.

"I am really very happy. Some truly great players have played here and the club is huge. I am very proud."

"We started to talk seriously in the last few weeks. When they came forward I had not even considered Madrid," he said.

"It is a great opportunity in my career and I did not have to think for a second."

Saviola then hit back at Barça president Joan Laporta for not being grateful for the support that he received at the Camp Nou during his time there.

"I would invite him to look back at my last press conference there when I thanked everyone for their help and support," he added.

"I said I was grateful and I am surprised by what he has said."
Dudek, Metzelder, Pepe, Saviola...

Not overly impressive so far.

At this moment in time, Barca certainly look far stronger, for me.

Unread 15-07-2007, 04:38 PM
Serenity Now

Latest news from Spain is that Zaragoza have bought Roberto Ayala from Villareal as a replacement for Barca bound Gabriel Milito. They paid his buy-out fee of around 6 million Euros. He only just signed for Villareal after leaving Valencia on a Bosman and has yet to even make his debut. Personal terms still need to be agreed.

Villareal are now thought to be trying to sign Depor's Fabricio Coloccini. They are reportedly also trying to secure the services of Diego Milito from Zaragoza as a replacement for Diego Forlan.

Strange days.

Unread 15-07-2007, 05:03 PM
S/Side.Red

Bit of a coup for Zaragoza. They sell Milito to Barca for ₤14m plus, then get Ayala for ₤4m. Sure Ayala is a lot older but in my opinion he's definitely a better player. I like Milito but he still makes a few too many mistakes, imo.

Zaragoza are also trying to sign Ricardo Oliveira from Milan, but are having problems with the player's personal terms. He's due as a replacement for Stuttgart-bound Ewerthon. If they can get Oliveira and he reproduces the form he showed at Betis, it will be a great bit of business.

They may have @#%&!ish fans, but they look like they'll be very entertaining to watch again next season.

Unread 15-07-2007, 07:02 PM
Peter griffin

Stories today that Zaragoza are going to buy Pique off us as well

Unread 15-07-2007, 07:24 PM
Rhodzy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter griffin
Stories today that Zaragoza are going to buy Pique off us as well
Linkage?

Unread 18-07-2007, 02:49 PM
S/Side.Red

Zaragoza have announced the signing of Matuzalem from Shakhtar Donetsk.

From what I've seen, it should be a very smart signing.

They've also signed Pavon from Real Madrid.

Unread 18-07-2007, 02:53 PM
Serenity Now

Ayala signing has been completed too. Not quite as strange as the Obi Mikel deal, but getting there.

Unread 18-07-2007, 02:57 PM
Whalefish

Wonder if Pique is in fact staying with Utd now? Looks that way.

Unread 18-07-2007, 02:58 PM
S/Side.Red

Also, Valencia may sign Lucho Gonzalez from Porto for £12m.

Gearing up to be a great league next season.

Unread 18-07-2007, 02:59 PM
Whalefish

Porto will have made some £#%&!ing money from this transfer window.

Unread 18-07-2007, 03:00 PM
Serenity Now

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
Also, Valencia may sign Lucho Gonzalez from Porto for £12m.
Half owned by MSI, isn't he?

Unread 18-07-2007, 03:08 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whalefish
Porto will have made some £#%&!ing money from this transfer window.
Yep, probably to go towards Pinto da Costa's legal fees.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serenity Now
Half owned by MSI, isn't he?
I'm not sure. Someone has a stake in him, anyway. I think Zahavi is involved.

Unread 18-07-2007, 03:15 PM
Serenity Now

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
I'm not sure. Someone has a stake in him, anyway. I think Zahavi is involved.
I'm pretty sure I read somewhere it was MSI. Oh well, doesn't matter I suppose.

Do you reckon that Porto will be able to keep hold of Quaresma?

Unread 18-07-2007, 03:23 PM
Serenity Now

Ludovic Giuly has moved to Roma for 3.2 million Euros with a further 1.2 million Euros in performance based conditional fees.

Unread 18-07-2007, 03:27 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
I'm pretty sure I read somewhere it was MSI. Oh well, doesn't matter I suppose.

Do you reckon that Porto will be able to keep hold of Quaresma?
If they really want to, I think they will be able to hold on to him, because no top club has come in for him. The only real interest seems to be from Atletico, which I'm not sure is a big enough club to make Quaresma himself rock the boat for a move. Atletico seem to be offering big money, though, so it will depend on how badly Porto want him to stay.

They're already so much weaker this season. Pepe is a huge loss, and they even sold their third choice central defender, Ricardo Costa. If Lucho and Quaresma went, I can see them finishing third next season. They've made some okay signings (Edgar, Mariano Gonzalez) but nowhere near the quality they've lost.

Their usual pre-season confidence has been replaced by a clear unease this year.

Unread 18-07-2007, 03:31 PM
dodger

Unread 31-07-2007, 12:35 AM
Serenity Now

Reyes signs a four-year deal with Atleti. He passed his medical and will be presented tomorrow morning.

Where he will join 25 million Euro signing Simao from Benfica.

Who look likely to complete a move for Freddy Adu. He has arrived in Lisbon to finalise the deal.

Benfica have also purchased 80% of highly rated Argentine youngster Ángel Di María from Rosario Central. He signed a five-year contract with the club.

Meanwhile, Shakhtar are splashing the cash again. It seems they're grabbing Mexican/Uruguayan/Greek unibrow sensation Nery Castillo from Olympiakos for around 16 million Euros.

Unread 31-07-2007, 12:38 AM
Sloppy

Quote:
Reyes signs a four-year deal with Atleti. He passed his medical and will be presented tomorrow morning.

6 million wasnt it for reyes?Theyve got a bargain there.

Unread 31-07-2007, 12:47 AM
Serenity Now

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sloppyplop
6 million wasnt it for reyes?Theyve got a bargain there.
Looks like somewhere between 6 and 8 million GBP. Decent bit of business I think.

Though it is Atleti we're talking about here, so...
Closed Thread