United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 12-12-2021, 06:45 PM
MUFC One Love

Quote:
Originally Posted by measlyshark
The spike protein binds to the ace-2 receptor in endothelial cells. The heart has a lot of endothelial cells. When it binds you have a localised non specific immune response resulting in inflammation and these heart issues being discussed.

If you have the vaccine some protein will reach the heart and cause this.

If you have COVID, more virus/protein will escape the respiratory system and cause more of this response.

About 6x more.

So a footballer (and everyone) has two options.

1. Take the vaccine and risks the side effects.
2. Don't take the vaccine and risk catching COVID, with a risk factor of 6X of the first option.

I'd say the chance of not catching it is pretty low, so it's fairly dangerous.

It's likely exacerbated by footballers placing a lot of stress on the heart.

It's shit that this is happening but it's also shit that about 17.5 million people have died.

I'll try and remember to bookmark this for when I next have to explain the same £#%&!ing thing.....
Hi Boris.

Unread 12-12-2021, 08:30 PM
Dueling Banjos

Quote:
Originally Posted by otbarney
I don't think fishes smoke tbh.
Some herring do.

Unread 12-12-2021, 08:42 PM
measlyshark

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUFC One Love
Hi Boris.
Yes, because Boris £#%&!ing Johnson is who my monologues clearly suggest I am.

Unread 12-12-2021, 09:24 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by measlyshark
Yes, because Boris £#%&!ing Johnson is who my monologues clearly suggest I am.

I think the last 5 years have made it abundantly clear that the last thing people want are detailed, reasoned explanations and rational conversation on this sort of thing. Drama, polarised opinion and hyperbole are what's required at all times.

Unread 12-12-2021, 10:38 PM
tatty

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk

I think the last 5 years have made it abundantly clear that the last thing people want are detailed, reasoned explanations and rational conversation on this sort of thing. Drama, polarised opinion and hyperbole are what's required at all times.

Exhibit A) Brexit thread

Unread 13-12-2021, 09:08 AM
Mr_Ed

Napoli midfielder subbed over the weekend as he was unable to breathe.

Unread 13-12-2021, 09:56 AM
Seamus

another playing looking for Christmas week off.

Unread 13-12-2021, 10:07 AM
shenwen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Ed

https://twitter.com/disclosetv/statu...247798274?s=21
Was he vaccinated? Or is this another pile of misleading shit like the pilots' list you posted on the other thread.

Folk like you just so desperate to be fooled.

Unread 13-12-2021, 10:32 AM
NedKelly

Quote:

https://twitter.com/disclosetv/statu...247798274?s=21
I pulled this exact same trick when I signed up for cross country and quickly realised I was not able to do it.

Unread 13-12-2021, 10:54 AM
Mr_Ed

Quote:
Originally Posted by shenwen
Was he vaccinated? Or is this another pile of misleading shit like the pilots' list you posted on the other thread.

Folk like you just so desperate to be fooled.
Keep your knickers on sweetheart. It a post about a footballer leaving the pitch unwell on a thread about footballers being unwell regardless if you agree on the source or not.

I like to keep an open mind so it’s not a case of being fooled or not.

You’re quick to dismiss it from the other side regardless whether there could be an issue or not.

Unread 13-12-2021, 11:43 AM
Dasilvatwins

Quote:
Keep your knickers on sweetheart. It a post about a footballer leaving the pitch unwell on a thread about footballers being unwell regardless if you agree on the source or not.

You’re quick to dismiss it from the other side regardless whether there could be an issue or not.
Probably because it’s not about an argument from the other side. You have no idea if he was vaccinated or not. If he was playing covid or not. If he has any other health issues that are known/unknown to even him or not.

Your first thought is the vaccine when it could be many other variables. We just don’t know. People are making decisions on other peoples medical health by pure guess work.

I’m not saying it’s 100% not the vaccine. But there are so many things it could be it’s pointless to speculate.

Now I’m not saying it’s this either but he did fall into ad boarding’s about 5 mins before he started to feel discomfort. It could be a million other things

Unread 13-12-2021, 12:17 PM
shenwen

Quote:

Utter %@#$&!s. I didn't dismiss anything you dimwit. The exact opposite. I thought the pilot data you posted seemed off. Took me five minutes to discredit it. Why couldn't you do the same? I

An open mind is having critical thinking. Something you don't appear to be capable of. Much easier to uncritically repost @FreedomWarrior off Twitter rather than doing your own research. Cognitive bias.

Don't remember you ever being this stupid. When did it all go so wrong?

Unread 13-12-2021, 12:21 PM
Jack Duckworth

Quote:
Originally Posted by shenwen
Utter %@#$&!s. I didn't dismiss anything you dimwit. The exact opposite. I thought the pilot data you posted seemed off. Took me five minutes to discredit it. Why couldn't you do the same? I

An open mind is having critical thinking. Something you don't appear to be capable of. Much easier to uncritically repost @FreedomWarrior off Twitter rather than doing your own research. Cognitive bias.

Don't remember you ever being this stupid. When did it all go so wrong?
has he had the vaccine?

Unread 13-12-2021, 12:23 PM
tonytash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Duckworth
has he had the vaccine?
98% likely that he was vaccinated

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.dai...ff-jabbed.html

Unread 13-12-2021, 12:32 PM
Buck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasilvatwins
Probably because it’s not about an argument from the other side. You have no idea if he was vaccinated or not. If he was playing covid or not. If he has any other health issues that are known/unknown to even him or not.

Your first thought is the vaccine when it could be many other variables. We just don’t know. People are making decisions on other peoples medical health by pure guess work.

I’m not saying it’s 100% not the vaccine. But there are so many things it could be it’s pointless to speculate.

Now I’m not saying it’s this either but he did fall into ad boarding’s about 5 mins before he started to feel discomfort. It could be a million other things
This was the case with the Wigan striker a few weeks ago. Bunch of people jumping on the story only for him to feel compelled to correct the record that he hadn't been vaccinated.

It's quite possible covid itself is having a bigger impact even though they are 'young, fit and healthy'. These players have had an insane schedule over the last two years and there have been players who have been open about the struggles of recovering from covid having lingering long term effects including our own Dean Henderson who was reportedly at expected to start the season as starting goalkeeper until his pre-season was wrecked. One of the long term impacts the virus has is on the lungs. Joshua Kimmich who gave an interview in October saying he was unvaccinated because he was unsure of long term studies, tested positive, finished quarantine, and is now unable to return to action because he has an issue with his lungs. He now has come out saying he probably should have taken the vaccine. His team mate Eric Choupo Moting also revealed he had not taken the vaccine, tested positive for covid, finished quarantine, but is still unable to train because he is struggling with the after-effects of the virus.

Unread 14-12-2021, 02:16 PM
Dasilvatwins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buck
This was the case with the Wigan striker a few weeks ago. Bunch of people jumping on the story only for him to feel compelled to correct the record that he hadn't been vaccinated.

It's quite possible covid itself is having a bigger impact even though they are 'young, fit and healthy'. These players have had an insane schedule over the last two years and there have been players who have been open about the struggles of recovering from covid having lingering long term effects including our own Dean Henderson who was reportedly at expected to start the season as starting goalkeeper until his pre-season was wrecked. One of the long term impacts the virus has is on the lungs. Joshua Kimmich who gave an interview in October saying he was unvaccinated because he was unsure of long term studies, tested positive, finished quarantine, and is now unable to return to action because he has an issue with his lungs. He now has come out saying he probably should have taken the vaccine. His team mate Eric Choupo Moting also revealed he had not taken the vaccine, tested positive for covid, finished quarantine, but is still unable to train because he is struggling with the after-effects of the virus.
Bang on. Everybody has an influence on their friends and family . However small they might think it may be. When making a judgement on medical issues without any evidence whatsoever is not wise. Especially how society is quite impressionable .

They’ve been articles about the lack of vaccines in footballers. I wouldn’t be surprised it’s a combination of them having covid /suffering from the effects of having had covid. I can’t be 100% sure but logically speaking there’s a strong chance a lot of these respiratory issues may just have to do with the worldwide ravaging virus which impacts our respiratory system.

I do believe billions , or hundreds of millions of people atleast have had one form of the vaccine . We would see heart issues rise by a staggering amount of it was vaccine related. They’ll be doing tests to make sure it isn’t anyway.

Personally wrt vaccines , if they didn’t help out health system so much I wouldn’t give a toss. I’ve had loved ones have delayed appointments for months on end and it’s such a crippling feeling knowing that the vast majority of people who have covid and end up in hospital are ones that didn’t want the vaccine. Bed space is so important and seeing the look on a face of a loved when when they’ve had to extend the appointment further is not a great feeling.

. I understand there can be scepticism but this isn’t something that was made in the back garden shed. It had the worlds smartest people with an unlimited budget. All the correct procedures and tests were used when manufacturing /designing. It’s why I value the need to talk about vaccines publicly. Discrediting it goes a long way. It’s just frustrating when it’s plucked out of thin air . You never do it for anything else. You’ll never see your car break down and go I wonder if it’s the fuel. You would effectively get it diagnosed from a professional to go and look at the issue and find to repair it.

I know comparing cars to humans but my point is it’s so easy to claim it’s the vaccine but you should when you have nothing really to back it up bar a few tweets and a video of players asking to come off.

Anyway , Hopefully the thing with lindelof isn’t serious and he recovers

Unread 14-12-2021, 04:41 PM
andyroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonytash
Duckers was implying shenwen was referring to Ed, not Linders...

Unread 14-12-2021, 05:03 PM
tatty

I’m open minded to the footballers/heart problems being related to what’s going on but I haven’t seen any evidence that it is either statistically significant, or that previous under-reporting is skewing how the data looks.

Unread 14-12-2021, 05:04 PM
Bunker Buster

Unread 14-12-2021, 05:10 PM
measlyshark

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyroo
Duckers was implying shenwen was referring to Ed, not Linders...
That you had to explain this....
Closed Thread