United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 22-05-2007, 11:59 AM
dodger

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonin jablonsky
Not really much to talk about from that point of view is there? I mean it's kinda pointless speculating at all.
Shall we close the site down for the summer then?

Unread 22-05-2007, 12:00 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodger
Shall we close the site down for the summer then?
Nah, the Goden Girls still need somewhere to gather.

Unread 22-05-2007, 12:00 PM
24hr Leavesey

Quote:
Huntelaar is supposedly around £12 million and we don't know what our budget is so we don't know if that is out of it. You seem to be suggesting that we have the money for Hargreaves and not a penny more, I am unaware if there is any truth in this.
I'd have thought there'd be a bit more cash in the pot thanks to our mainly unexpected league success this year. Enough to cover the purchase of a £12m striker at the very least.

There'll still be the usual departures to offset the spending of couse, but this year I bet we won't make a profit on close season transfers.

Unread 22-05-2007, 12:02 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by 24hr Leavesey
I'd have thought there'd be a bit more cash in the pot thanks to our mainly unexpected league success this year. Enough to cover the purchase of a £12m striker at the very least.

There'll still be the usual departures to offset the spending of couse, but this year I bet we won't make a profit on close season transfers.
You'd hope not.

Unread 22-05-2007, 12:04 PM
24hr Leavesey

Quote:
You'd hope not.
We won't even if we stop spending after Greavsey.

Unread 22-05-2007, 12:08 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by 24hr Leavesey
We won't even if we stop spending after Greavsey.
Ah but how many departures are on their way?

Unread 22-05-2007, 12:22 PM
Fuzzy Dunlop

Torres Bale and Nani can £#%&! off. Nani just signed a new contract and Queiroz said they're not interested.

Torres is overrated and doesn't score enough and as for Bale, 10m, £#%&! him too.

Don't even ask me to name names, what's the point they're not reading this.

But if I had one wish it would be Eto'o.

Unread 22-05-2007, 12:29 PM
S/Side.Red

McCarthy is certainly no Saha replacement. He doesn't have the pace or the workrate to do the job Saha does. He'd be a fantastic replacement for Smith. Perhaps if we offered Blackburn Smith in a straight swap or with a little bit of money to make up the difference, a deal could be done there. They'd be getting a ready-made replacement who is a good four years younger.

McCarthy would be a good squad player for United. Good focal point of the attack, excellent in the air and a top finisher. Would easily get us between 10-15 goals as a squad forward.

If Saha goes, he simply must be repaced with a dynamic, pacey frontman. There are few around of genuine quality, though.

Unread 22-05-2007, 12:35 PM
Fatboy Shrek

We wont sign anyone else. Last year we payed a similar fee for Carrick and everyone said we needed more players, but no one ever came. No one came in January either. Malc and his merry men are happy with the current situation.

"One big signing should appease the fans".

Unread 22-05-2007, 12:40 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
McCarthy is certainly no Saha replacement. He doesn't have the pace or the workrate to do the job Saha does. .
Sit on the treatment table?

Unread 22-05-2007, 12:41 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fatboy Shrek
We wont sign anyone else. Last year we payed a similar fee for Carrick and everyone said we needed more players, but no one ever came. No one came in January either. Malc and his merry men are happy with the current situation.

"One big signing should appease the fans".
No point in you bothering with any more of these speculation threads trhen eh?

Unread 22-05-2007, 12:41 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Sit on the treatment table?
No, that will be Hargreaves' job.

Unread 22-05-2007, 12:45 PM
Fatboy Shrek

Quote:
No point in you bothering with any more of these speculation threads trhen eh?
I'll do as i please, ta.

Unread 22-05-2007, 12:45 PM
Rhodzy

Torres for £18m

Unread 22-05-2007, 12:52 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fatboy Shrek
I'll do as i please, ta.
That's your right, kinda pointless you joining in on a thread you think has no validity though. You carry on though.

Unread 22-05-2007, 12:53 PM
Whip Hubley

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhodzy
Torres for £18m
o

rly?

Unread 22-05-2007, 01:02 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy Dunlop
Nani just signed a new contract and Queiroz said they're not interested.
That contract is yet to actually be signed.

Unread 22-05-2007, 01:05 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
That contract is yet to actually be signed.
Nobody in the world, even Nani himself, knows if that contract's been signed.

Unread 22-05-2007, 01:09 PM
S/Side.Red

It's one of those situations where the media come out and say a new deal is imminent, but then it doesn't actually happen. He's been linked with United again in the Spanish press, which has been picked up in the Portuguese papers today.

Whatever the reason, there is some kind of delay in signing the deal.

Unread 22-05-2007, 01:54 PM
borsuk

Quote:
It's one of those situations where the media come out and say a new deal is imminent, but then it doesn't actually happen. He's been linked with United again in the Spanish press, which has been picked up in the Portuguese papers today.

Whatever the reason, there is some kind of delay in signing the deal.
the spanish press have their own agendas, though. ronnie to real/barca is the main drum they like to bang and so any 'united after a winger' story is a goer, true or not.

i think united would do better with a flexible attacking midfielder/attacker, given that we haven't really played out and out wingers for a while now and that we need a replacement for giggs, who mainly plays a (very loosely defined) central role. we need someone to fit into that three that has been rooney, ronnie and ryan this year. ideally they'd begin with 'r'. i'd have gone for resley schneider, but i suspect it will be rossi. as long as he gets his chance i think that would be fine, tbh. he certainly has the talent.
Closed Thread