United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 19-12-2015, 06:35 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by ewaawoowaa
He and Martial are the best players that Utd currently have.

I never mentioned "ever". We all know the best ever was Cantona.
Mata isn't even the best player in his favoured position that we have, I'd say he's third best he's £#%&!ing awful.

Unread 19-12-2015, 06:36 PM
denis lawless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Switching Off
Can't say
is that because you pulled it out of your arse ?

Unread 19-12-2015, 06:37 PM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Mata isn't even the best player in his favoured position that we have, I'd say he's third best he's £#%&!ing awful.
Direct anti United

Unread 19-12-2015, 06:38 PM
ewaawoowaa

Quote:
And LvG is great right?

Does the nurse know you are using the ward computer?

Unread 19-12-2015, 06:39 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by ewaawoowaa
And LvG is great right?

Does the nurse know you are using the ward computer?
Yes, one of the greatest coaches of the last 20 years

Unread 19-12-2015, 06:40 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberian
I do not disagree that it would have been healthier with Giggs elsewhere. His mates in the media though?Is it impossible to believe that they were reacting to what they were seeing, our performances, despite the league position, have been desperate for a long time now, should they have pretended otherwise?

This idea that they were only criticizing as part of a concerted effort to put pressure on LVG with the end goal of Giggs in charge is still a stretch. Giggs has been part of 2 failed/failing coaching tickets now, it does not reflect well on him either for Utd to be playing this badly.
Giggs' reputation hasn't been diminished though, I don't think.

But the criticism hasn't been just the performances. It's been very direct criticism of the manager. I've never seen anything like it. Moyes didn't get it at all. Usually ex players keep some level of loyalty. Unfortunately, I think Van Gaal's efforts to install a very different, highly tactical style of coaching could not be worse suited to Rooney as his captain and Giggs as his assistant.

Again, this isn't reaction to impeding doom. I think it's been an uncomfortable aspect all season. Someone - increasingly likely to be Rooney - feeding lines to the press. The assistant's mates undermining the manager at every turn.

If this is the case, LvG is in a hugely difficult situation he may not recover from until he's able to ditch the pair of them. If he can't, I just hope Pep comes in over the summer and gets that chance.

Der Kaiser

Sick of hearing from the "class of 92". We're never going to be able to move forward as a club at this rate. I said from the start he shouldn't have kept Giggs there, the club should have told him to go elsewhere and prove his managerial ability. They're a right bunch of snide bastards.

Cream

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberian
I do not disagree that it would have been healthier with Giggs elsewhere. His mates in the media though?Is it impossible to believe that they were reacting to what they were seeing, our performances, despite the league position, have been desperate for a long time now, should they have pretended otherwise?

This idea that they were only criticizing as part of a concerted effort to put pressure on LVG with the end goal of Giggs in charge is still a stretch. Giggs has been part of 2 failed/failing coaching tickets now, it does not reflect well on him either for Utd to be playing this badly.
Fredinand saying we should get Pep while he's available.

Unless he's been hiding a Machiavellian streak all these years, that's not a clear Giggs endorsement.

Unread 19-12-2015, 06:41 PM
Switching Off

Quote:
Originally Posted by denis lawless
is that because you pulled it out of your arse ?
Later this week i'll either be demanding an apology from you, or pretending this thread never happened.

Unread 19-12-2015, 06:41 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
Direct anti United
No, anti Mata.

Turn it in, you clearly have no idea what you're on about and your random digs are embarrassing. You remind me of Mata's performances, very occasionally does something useful, the rest of the time just stumbles around looking awkward and out of place whilst being bullied by everyone around him

Unread 19-12-2015, 06:42 PM
believe

Quote:
No, anti Mata.

Turn it in, you clearly have no idea what you're on about and your random digs are embarrassing. You remind me of Mata's performances, very occasionally does something useful, the rest of the time just stumbles around looking awkward and out of place whilst being bullied by everyone around him

Unread 19-12-2015, 06:44 PM
Whip Hubley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Der Kaiser
Sick of hearing from the "class of 92". We're never going to be able to move forward as a club at this rate. I said from the start he shouldn't have kept Giggs there, the club should have told him to go elsewhere and prove his managerial ability. They're a right bunch of snide bastards.
Correct. All that success we've had has bred a bunch of egos who, for some reason, all believe they should have a say in how the club is run or who it is run by. None of the class of 92 should be anywhere near the club in any capacity. Unfortunately we've seen it with Phil Neville and giggs in the past few years, and it's been £#%&!ing disastrous.

Whoever comes in will hopefully boot out giggs and have the opportunity to bin off Rooney.

Unread 19-12-2015, 06:49 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
Giggs' reputation hasn't been diminished though, I don't think.

But the criticism hasn't been just the performances. It's been very direct criticism of the manager. I've never seen anything like it. Moyes didn't get it at all. Usually ex players keep some level of loyalty. Unfortunately, I think Van Gaal's efforts to install a very different, highly tactical style of coaching could not be worse suited to Rooney as his captain and Giggs as his assistant.

Again, this isn't reaction to impeding doom. I think it's been an uncomfortable aspect all season. Someone - increasingly likely to be Rooney - feeding lines to the press. The assistant's mates undermining the manager at every turn.

If this is the case, LvG is in a hugely difficult situation he may not recover from until he's able to ditch the pair of them. If he can't, I just hope Pep comes in over the summer and gets that chance.
Hard not to see a lot of truth in this, depressingly. Certain people at *and around* the club have never fully accepted LvG, that is obvious.

Maybe I am over-reacting at the holocaust we have just witnessed, but today is the sort of game that finishes managers. Hopefully those I refer to above who have wanted this now likely outcome end up regretting what they have done

Unread 19-12-2015, 07:02 PM
Zorg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cream
Fredinand saying we should get Pep while he's available.

Unless he's been hiding a Machiavellian streak all these years, that's not a clear Giggs endorsement.

Unread 19-12-2015, 07:11 PM
£#%&! KFC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Switching Off
Giggs and Rooney both told Woody to make it happen.
heard the same not sure how true but from a usually reliable source.....let's hope it is, not sure I want Mourinho but we have to get rid of this clown now

Unread 19-12-2015, 07:16 PM
Withers

Rooney has some front if he has after the way the manager has backed him.

Unread 19-12-2015, 07:20 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Withers
Rooney has some front if he has after the way the manager has backed him.
Players will always look for excuses. Remember seeing those quotes fed to the media around the time of his England record. Fergie said it - the players on the decline will never want to hear it. If that means throwing LvG under the bus then so be it.

Moyes giving him that deal with a disaster.

Unread 19-12-2015, 07:21 PM
Switching Off

Quote:
Originally Posted by £#%&! KFC
heard the same not sure how true but from a usually reliable source.....let's hope it is, not sure I want Mourinho but we have to get rid of this clown now

Hear that Lawless you daft old twunt?

Unread 19-12-2015, 07:23 PM
Barracuda

If it boils down to a choice between Giggs and Mourinho then it's Jose every single time for me. The bloke is a bit of a helmet but he knows what he's doing and he's proved it over and over again.

Giggs has less to back up his claim for the job than Moyes, it would be utter lunacy to give him the job full time when he's done nothing whatsoever to prove he warrants it.

I think we should just get Klopp for a laugh, then bin him for Pep at the end of the season.

Unread 19-12-2015, 07:27 PM
£#%&! KFC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barracuda

I think we should just get Klopp for a laugh, then bin him for Pep at the end of the season.

first time I've laughed today
Closed Thread