United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 17-04-2007, 04:15 PM
Rhodzy

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
Until Saturday, Paul Robinson had more goals than Cesc.
So did Rio

Unread 17-04-2007, 04:20 PM
The Return of JC

Before Saturday, Cesc has scored more goals against Arsenal than for them.

Unread 17-04-2007, 04:20 PM
Grimson

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhodzy
Not Ben Foster?
No, not even close. Lehmann, James, Scott Carson, Friedel, and Jaaskelainen have all had better seasons. Foster's made more brilliant saves than any of them, because he's overworked. But he's still learning to come for crosses (he gets stuck underneath a lot, and gets bailed out by referees who call phantom fouls when keepers flap at crosses).

He WILL be the best or next-best keeper in the league for years to come. Just not quite there yet, with several very experienced and talented keepers still around.

Unread 17-04-2007, 04:22 PM
The Return of JC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimson
No, not even close. Lehmann, James, Scott Carson, Friedel, and Jaaskelainen have all had better seasons. Foster's made more brilliant saves than any of them, because he's overworked. But he's still learning to come for crosses (he gets stuck underneath a lot, and gets bailed out by referees who call phantom fouls when keepers flap at crosses).

He WILL be the best or next-best keeper in the league for years to come. Just not quite there yet, with several very experienced and talented keepers still around.
Bang on.

Huge potential, but some way off yet.

Just hope United is the making of him and not the breaking.

Unread 17-04-2007, 04:22 PM
Grimson

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Return of JC
Before Saturday, Cesc has scored more goals against Arsenal than for them.

Unread 17-04-2007, 04:24 PM
Rhodzy

Quote:

I'll agree with you as you were a keeper.
Tremendous potential though.

Unread 17-04-2007, 04:24 PM
The Return of JC

Quote:
Priceless, isn't it?

He's a quality player, but really. No goals and nothing going backwards from a creative midfielder?

Surely can't be considered for player of the year due just to that.

Unread 17-04-2007, 05:43 PM
Rossi the Red

Might mate reckons Chimbonda or Leighton baines should be in the PFA over Evra!

Unread 17-04-2007, 05:49 PM
Lok

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rossi the Red
Both good players and a decent shout. I personally think Evra should get it for his quotes alone. Not seen Baines much but when I have he's always looked solid, Chimbonda is a very good player. To earn an international call up for France whilst at Wigan is some achievement. He's settled down well at Spurs.

Unread 17-04-2007, 05:51 PM
Rhodzy

Quote:
Originally Posted by scousebasher
Both good players and a decent shout. I personally think Evra should get it for his quotes alone. Not seen Baines much but when I have he's always looked solid, Chimbonda is a very good player. To earn an international call up for France whilst at Wigan is some achievement. He's settled down well at Spurs.

Make a thread on here with all of them in, he deserves a appreciation thread.

Unread 17-04-2007, 05:53 PM
Rossi the Red

Might mate also reckons that he hasnt played enough games for PFA. Do they take this into consideration? He's only missed about 5 weeks aint he???

Unread 17-04-2007, 05:57 PM
Dr_Mongoose

Quote:

Friedel has had another quite outstanding season IMO.

Unread 17-04-2007, 05:57 PM
Fuzzy Dunlop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jez Quigley
Foster

Phleghm Max Carragher
Lord Percy of Chelsea
Vidic
Evra

Ronaldo
Essien
Scholes
Lennon

Berbatov
Drogba

Anyone who disagrees should be wheeled out and shot forthwith
Wheel me out then because Lennon shouldn't be there.

Unread 17-04-2007, 06:04 PM
Lok

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr_Mongoose
Friedel has had another quite outstanding season IMO.
He always does. He's a very good goalkeeper, because he does things in an unspectacular manner he doesn't always get the credit he deserves. Liverpool must regret letting him go, especially when they look at who they've had since. That Reina is distinctly average at best.

Unread 17-04-2007, 06:21 PM
Grimson

Quote:
He always does. He's a very good goalkeeper, because he does things in an unspectacular manner he doesn't always get the credit he deserves. Liverpool must regret letting him go, especially when they look at who they've had since. That Reina is distinctly average at best.
Agreed. It's a myth that he saves his best performances for us. Look what he did to Arsenal in the Cup. He's a legend to Blackburn fans.

Rafa clearly has a Spanish agenda. He's got Scott Carson on loan at Charlton, but is talking about getting the distinctly untrustworthy Santiago Canizares instead.

Unread 17-04-2007, 06:25 PM
Grimson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rossi the Red
Baines has scored some unbelievable goals to be fair. He should have 2 of the top 10 goals of the season, for the one against us, and the one against Spurs on the weekend. Plus he got a couple of belters for the U21s.

Unread 17-04-2007, 06:41 PM
Tiberian

James

Finnan
Rio
Carvahlo
Evra

Ronaldo
Essien
Scholes
Giggs

Drogba
Berbatov

Subs
Lehman
Vidic
Matt Taylor
Arteta
Lampard-still scored 21 goals
Carragher
McCarthy

Unread 17-04-2007, 06:50 PM
Ether

Quote:
Lennon?!? Are you taking the piss? Do you honestly believe he's had a better season then Giggs? The lad couldn't cross a ball to save his life, he never seems to pick the correct pass either, Arteta, Giggs and Bentley have all had far better seasons.
Erm, he's got the same number of assists as Giggs, and only 1 less goal. In a far inferior team, having played less games as well. He's had a very good season for a 20-year old.

Unread 17-04-2007, 07:09 PM
Lok

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ether
Erm, he's got the same number of assists as Giggs, and only 1 less goal. In a far inferior team, having played less games as well. He's had a very good season for a 20-year old.
Those statistics show little. Of his 7 assists, 4 of them came in 2 games (against West Ham and Charlton). Although he shows glimpses he doesn't do it often enough. Being 20 years old is an advantage he's had over Giggs, not a disadvantage.

He may well turn out to be a good player but at the moment he looks limited. He's good with the ball at his feet but his distribution is poor as is his positioning. He also looks a bit lightweight, I doubt he could take the physical abuse he is likely to come up against. Teams will kick him out of the game too easily.

Neither him or Giggs would make my team. Arteta has more goals than both put together despite playing for Everton. He also has more assists, though he has played more games.

Unread 17-04-2007, 08:29 PM
Red Caz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberian
James

Finnan
Rio
Carvahlo
Evra

Ronaldo
Essien
Scholes
Giggs

Drogba
Berbatov

Subs
Lehman
Vidic
Matt Taylor
Arteta
Lampard-still scored 21 goals
Carragher
McCarthy
Kudos and also to anyone else who took the blinkers off and voted for Carragher. I think Finnan's been far and away the best Liverpool player this season; to think I was mocked when I said he was the better signing when we "landed" Kewell.

Yes, I am amazed Friedel didn't get better opportunities at Liverpool too. That is all
Closed Thread