United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 08-09-2012, 02:24 PM
Billy Bigbollox

Sustained in training. Seriously, what do we do in training?

Unread 08-09-2012, 02:28 PM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liu Jian
Turning into another Rio
he's the new duncan edwards.

Unread 08-09-2012, 04:01 PM
Tumescent Throb

i'm gonna speculate that this is the result of something he was playing with last season when he kept getting patched up and rolled out to play again.

you gotta give the daft £#%&!er some credit for helping out during the crisis but at the same time this is what happens when old school managers have a policy of "man up"...

still sum the whole injury debacle of the last 6 years (FIVE OR SIX YEARS) up for me with a video of Wayne Rooney at home to Bayern Munich. What a £#%&!ing farce.

Unread 08-09-2012, 04:04 PM
Rhodzy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Bigbollox
Sustained in training. Seriously, what do we do in training?
Play bulldogs

Unread 09-09-2012, 08:58 AM
zzalsar3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liu Jian
Turning into another Rio
Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
he's the new duncan edwards.
Mick McCarthy ( who likes to take some credit for recommending Jones to Fergie ) described Jones at the new Paul McGrath 2 years ago.

Unread 16-10-2012, 11:31 AM
Jethro

Back in training with Smalling and Young

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/foo...=feeds-newsxml

Unread 16-10-2012, 11:34 AM
Pop

Thumbs down

Useless @#%&!.

Unread 16-10-2012, 11:39 AM
dunk

Yay!

I suppose that means Fergie can get rotating the RB again.

Unread 16-10-2012, 11:42 AM
believe

Not sure how he'll fit into the diamond exactly.

Unread 16-10-2012, 11:43 AM
Blagger

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe

Unread 16-10-2012, 12:25 PM
Rorschach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jethro
Back in training with Smalling and Young

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/foo...=feeds-newsxml

Tinkerbell-tastic!

Unread 16-10-2012, 02:02 PM
borsuk

does this mean we're on track to have a fully-fit squad after the international break? no chance of that, wonder who's going to get crocked tonight then

Unread 16-10-2012, 02:33 PM
tatty

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe

His distribution isn't good enough to play at it's base and he isn't mobile or skilfull enough for either side.

Get him working with Smalling on a CB partnership that should last us 10 years.

Unread 16-10-2012, 03:02 PM
utd99

Quote:
Originally Posted by borsuk
does this mean we're on track to have a fully-fit squad after the international break? no chance of that, wonder who's going to get crocked tonight then
Tough situation for Fergie this. He was clearly bought as a centre-back for the future, but the leverage he had in terms of Arsenal, Liverpool and others also being in for him, plus the size of the fee, probably allowed him to ellicit some assurances from Ferguson that he would get playing time from the get go.
Problem is, that with Vida, Rio and possibly Evans and Smalling all being ahead of him in the pecking order, the only real spot open was O'Shea's vacated utility role, but the mindset of versatility is not for everyone. Most players perform better in the comfort of an established position, which, along with the knocks, is why I think we saw his performances tail off as the season progressed.

So the question, as always, is when do players of the future become players of the present? If Jones is going to become what he was bought for, then at some point we'll have to bite the bullet and play him there.

For myself, I'm not convinced. Bruce, Pallister, Stam, Rio and Vidic were all in their mid 20's when we bought them, with significantly more than 35 games behind them.

Unread 16-10-2012, 03:07 PM
borsuk

doubt he got any assurances other than fergie saying he saw him as a united player, which he confirmed by consistently picking him last season.

i don't see a problem. he's a terrific player now and will get better and better. let him fight for a place. i think he'll be a future united captain, personally, if evans doesn't get the nod when the time comes.

Unread 16-10-2012, 03:09 PM
Fuzzy Dunlop

Thumbs up

Quote:
i think he'll be a future united captain, personally, if evans doesn't get the nod when the time comes.
this is one of your best.

Unread 16-10-2012, 03:13 PM
borsuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy Dunlop
this is one of your best.
aye

thangyoo

Unread 16-10-2012, 03:36 PM
utd99

Quote:
doubt he got any assurances other than fergie saying he saw him as a united player, which he confirmed by consistently picking him last season.

i don't see a problem. he's a terrific player now and will get better and better. let him fight for a place. i think he'll be a future united captain, personally, if evans doesn't get the nod when the time comes.
You've got some big £#%&!ing positions on, man.

Unread 16-10-2012, 05:40 PM
rafabio

Quote:

in tears here

Unread 16-10-2012, 05:45 PM
believe

Right so we've got future United captain in Jones and 2016 World Player of the year in Welbeck.
Closed Thread