United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 22-04-2010, 08:46 PM
carlosartorial

Default Re: "Michael Carrick tells Spurs: You have brought United back into the title race...

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Woundwort
He's not a shithouse. On his day he's top notch.

His problem is, and always has been, that he has patches of great form and patches of shite form. Gibson seems like a decent lad but there's no denying that, in top form, he'd look reasonably comfortable in a lower-table premier league side. Generally, he's Championship standard.

Some people on here have very short and/or selective memories.
Who the £#%&!s this?

Unread 22-04-2010, 08:48 PM
General Woundwort

Default Re: "Michael Carrick tells Spurs: You have brought United back into the title race...

£#%&!'s or £#%&! is. @#%&!o.

Unread 22-04-2010, 08:50 PM
believe

Quote:
He's not a shithouse. On his day he's top notch.

His problem is, and always has been, that he has patches of great form and patches of shite form. Gibson seems like a decent lad but there's no denying that, in top form, he'd look reasonably comfortable in a lower-table premier league side. Generally, he's Championship standard.

Some people on here have very short and/or selective memories.
you're right because i don't remember you at all.

Unread 22-04-2010, 08:56 PM
Spiffy

Quote:
£#%&!'s or £#%&! is. @#%&!o.

Ooh, I like him already.

Unread 22-04-2010, 09:01 PM
carlosartorial

Awwww, look at him, full of zest and grammatical pedanticism. Reminds me of a young carlosartorial tbf.

Unread 22-04-2010, 09:03 PM
magic_cantona

Thumbs down Re: "Michael Carrick tells Spurs: You have brought United back into the title race...

He's been good value for £18m imo.He's had some £#%&!ing great games and scored some great goals for us.Not to mention the quality of his passing.

He's has long runs of being utter class, his passing is sublime, he shows a great understanding of the game and he chips in with goals.But yes, he has his moments (like anyone else) where he goes off the boil.

Problem is, Carricks dips in form always seem to be met with this 'shithouse' tag or that he's a £#%&!ing brain dead waste of space/money/time and just isn't good enough.It's a bit odd that when he's playing well, you can clearly see he's got a footballing brain but a few bad games and he's a £#%&!ing moron.

Can't we have a class player just have a dip in form, not get written off and slated to £#%&!?

And tbf to Gibson, I was like 99% of the posters on here and couldn't see him being anything other than a Djemba MKII but he has shown a vast improvement of late.Credit where it's due.

Unread 22-04-2010, 09:03 PM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by magic_cantona
what's that mate?

Unread 22-04-2010, 09:05 PM
Sloppy

Quote:
Originally Posted by magic_cantona
And tbf to Gibson, I was like 99% of the posters on here and couldn't see him being anything other than a Djemba MKII but he has shown a vast improvement of late.Credit where it's due.
Did you watch the derby?

Unread 22-04-2010, 09:09 PM
Crumps

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sloppy
Did you watch the derby?
Nah, he was at work.

Joking

Unread 22-04-2010, 09:12 PM
magic_cantona

Quote:
Did you watch the derby?

He played well against Bayern and did well when he came on against Blackburn.

He's shown improvement, that's all I'm saying.

suedeshoes

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlosartorial
Who the £#%&!s this?

It's a breath of fresh air carlo. He brings a clear knowledge of soccer to the table. I want to see if this early form will carry on between now and the end of the season.

magic_cantona

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crumps
Nah, he was at work.

Joking
£#%&! you, Karen

Unread 22-04-2010, 10:09 PM
Alan

Quote:
Did you watch the derby?
Carrick did.

Unread 23-04-2010, 04:28 AM
Stickman

Thumbs up Re: "Michael Carrick tells Spurs: You have brought United back into the title race...

Gibson should stay as a super sub.

just for that ridiculous boom he has in his locker.

Unread 23-04-2010, 07:19 AM
magic_cantona

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan
Carrick did.
So he's officially shit and finished then?

Unread 23-04-2010, 07:53 AM
waynes ear's

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stickman
Gibson should stay as a super sub.

just for that ridiculous boom he has in his locker.
Are you saying he stores explosives in his locker? Because he's irish, dont tar them all with the same brush mate

Unread 23-04-2010, 08:29 AM
Terry Silver

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/foo...reer-spin.html

Unread 23-04-2010, 08:59 AM
Luffy

I'm a big carrick fan, I think he was instrumental from transforming us from a shoddy struggling 3rd place side into champions 3 years on the trot who play nice football we could be proud of again.

Its no coincidence his worst year at the club has been the year where we're all saying "yeh we've been unconvincing, bit lucky to be where we are really". losing ronaldo and bench warmer does not make the rest of the team suddenly forget how to play nice controlled football.

Fully acknowledge he isnt amazing and mentality he's £#%&!ing irritating but lets face facts, he's just doing a dwight yorke. as great as some players are, they just cant retain that hunger over a long period.

fergie drops carrick a lot as if to say "right your time here is up, i'm gonna sell you" which makes carrick up his game and fergie throws him back in. this shouldnt be necessary and I wouldnt mind seeing him replaced once and for all in the summer but when he's on his game he makes this team tick.

we do need a proper midfielder to come in. fletch is still just a destroyer, he stops the other team playing but he doesnt help us play. scholes is waning. anderson needs to step the £#%&! up. gibson hasn shown any signs that he can control a midfield.

Unread 23-04-2010, 09:01 AM
MUFC One Love

Thought this was one of Helluven's threads. Or whatever he was called.

"O' Shea roars: We're coming to get you Arsenal!"

Unread 23-04-2010, 09:37 AM
Fuzzy Dunlop

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUFC One Love
Thought this was one of Helluven's threads. Or whatever he was called.

"O' Shea roars: We're coming to get you Arsenal!"
I forget his name but I don't think it was helluvwhatever. I loved his headlines.
Closed Thread