United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 29-01-2010, 05:59 PM
shadowplay

Default Re: Rafael - thoughts so far?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whalefish
Someone tell me a 19 year old right back - no screw that a 19 year old player - who has already learnt his trade and is the complete package and doesn't make the odd mistake. You can't? That's right.

He's as good a young full back as you'd find in world football today. I'm not £#%&!ing interested in a steady eddie coming in. We need a full back with pace and good attacking instincts. The system employed, our style of play, means it's vital.

I know, perhaps we should sign Willy Sagnol and Bixente Lizarazu?

Thuram worth a cheeky bid?

Unread 29-01-2010, 06:06 PM
Appletango

Quote:
Someone tell me a 19 year old right back - no screw that a 19 year old player - who has already learnt his trade and is the complete package and doesn't make the odd mistake. You can't? That's right.

He's as good a young full back as you'd find in world football today. I'm not £#%&!ing interested in a steady eddie coming in. We need a full back with pace and good attacking instincts. The system employed, our style of play, means it's vital.

How old is Insua are Liverpool? He's only young and twice as good a full back as Rafael or Fabio tbh.

Only kidding, good post.

Unread 29-01-2010, 06:15 PM
RedMenace

On a serious note how is that Santon developing at Inter?. I thought he looked a very good player when we played them last year. Haven't seen much of him since.

Unread 29-01-2010, 06:18 PM
Sparky***

I'd play him every week.

He'll never get a tougher test as a right back than bellamy gave him over those 2 legs, and he did ok.

He'll make mistakes, but he's not going to get any better playing one game every 5 weeks.

Play him against arsenal.

Unread 29-01-2010, 06:30 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by borsuk
rafael doesn't read the game well yet.
Rafael reads the game very well, in fact.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Appletango
Are you sure your talking about Rafael here? I'm glad your not manager. We'd have a team like this.

Berbatov

Rafael
Gibson Park Owen

Scholes Neville Nani Vidic

Anderson Evans
Er, no. I merely suggested that I think he could develop into a top class player with all the tools required to be a sweeper, though obviously not in a Ferguson side.

Quote:

This.

Unread 29-01-2010, 06:30 PM
Erics Collar

he is our 1st choice right back imo, and i rate him

Unread 29-01-2010, 06:34 PM
borsuk

Thumbs up Re: Rafael - thoughts so far?

Quote:

bang on

£#%&! sagnol and lizarazu though. super michel salgado is the future.

Unread 31-01-2010, 09:34 PM
red @rmy

Was excellent today, great performance.

Unread 31-01-2010, 09:35 PM
MPLA

Shouldn't start, let alone be on the £#%&!ing bench. Complete liability.

Unread 31-01-2010, 09:36 PM
History

Saying it for a year or so now. Rafael is our best right back, He can deal with almost anyone and im sure playing against Ronaldo, Rooney and Park for the last 2 years has helped him more than the game time.

Unread 31-01-2010, 09:36 PM
The Watcher

Quote:

Unread 31-01-2010, 09:38 PM
MPLA

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Watcher
Lizarazu at right back

Unread 31-01-2010, 09:39 PM
Whalefish

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPLA
Lizarazu at right back