United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 17-11-2009, 07:41 PM
King Schlong

Default Re: benitez trying to convince the liverpool board to sell torres?

Quote:
Originally Posted by plopborsky
torres is the best in the league
He's the best in the world at what he does unfortunatly.

Unread 17-11-2009, 07:43 PM
My Name is Keith

Not sure what's driving the stupidity.

Is it to prove that Scottish people hate scousers more than the rest of us?

Unread 17-11-2009, 07:47 PM
Withers

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Name is Keith

I'm guessing it's stupidity.

Unread 17-11-2009, 07:48 PM
£#%&! KFC

Quote:

Torres is actually Spanish

hth

Unread 17-11-2009, 07:52 PM
red in cumbria

Yes, Torres *is* a better player than Berbatov - but so what??

Torres could have joined us but turned it down. But when he had the chance to join the Vermin he couldn't put pen to paper fast enough

£#%&! 'im

Unread 17-11-2009, 07:55 PM
£#%&! KFC

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
Yes, Torres *is* a better player than Berbatov - but so what??

Torres could have joined us but turned it down. But when he had the chance to join the Vermin he couldn't put pen to paper fast enough

£#%&! 'im
you mean you don't want him to sign for us....

£#%&! the injury plagued @#%&! let him rot...he's at the perfect club for him

Unread 17-11-2009, 08:03 PM
Spiffy

http://www.football365.com/story/0,1...700086,00.html
Quote:
Sounds as if Dimi Berbatov's knee injury is more serious than first suspected.

The Manchester United striker has been struggling with the injury for a while, and it forced him to miss the recent defeat at Chelsea.

It's now been revealed that he is suffering from fluid on the knee and an operation is a possibility.

An 'Old Trafford insider' is quoted by The Sun as saying: "It is causing quite a bit of discomfort, which is worrying" while a concurring Independent declares, in rather greater depth, that 'the knock Dimitar Berbatov received in United's 2-0 win over Blackburn Rovers on 31 October has exacerbated a fluid on the knee condition, which may require surgery. The striker is with the Bulgarian squad for tomorrow's friendly in Malta and may play a part, and there are hopes he might be nursed through his injury.'

Steven Gerrard has declared himself fit for Liverpool's must-not-lose fixture with Manchester City.

He's also admitted that he really shouldn't have played against Birmingham last week.

"I felt very tired after the game, as I wasn't really ready to return and I'd done very little training in the three weeks beforehand.

"It took me two or three days to recover from that game but I have spent the past week doing strengthening work and I'm feeling a lot better now. I'm looking forward to the weekend. There's no mental hurdle to cross. It's a case of so far so good and the aim now is to make sure I get a good week's training under my belt so I'm ready for the game with City."

Gerrard could be joined by Daniel Agger and Glen Johnson for that game.

Rafa Benitez says: "Agger is okay. He had a small problem with his back but he's training. It was a very good decision from Denmark's manager (to withdraw Agger) because he is much better now. I think he'll be okay for the weekend.

"Johnson has been training. Not full sessions, but training, so hopefully he'll be okay for the weekend too."

But the bad news for Pool is that David Ngog broke his nose whilst on France Under-21 duty. And no, he didn't do throwing it himself to the ground. The Daily Mail says that it actually happened when he was 'hit in the face by a ball during a training session on Sunday'.

But Benitez says: "We know Ngog has broken his nose but it's not serious. I am not sure yet because we haven't seen him but I think he'll be okay, it won't be serious."

Things are clearing up at Chelsea - with Ashley Cole coming through a training session on Monday that has been described as 'intense' by the Evening Standard.

There are still doubts over John Terry (ankle), Didier Drogba (rib) and Michael Ballack (knee), but none of the trio have been ruled out of the game against Wolves this weekend.

The number of Arsenal players currently injured is now up to 11 after Abou Diaby pulled out of the France squad for the second leg of their play-off against the Republic with Ireland.

It's not known yet how serious the injury is.

For the record, the other ten Arsenal players currently listed as crocked by the club are: Robin van Persie, Nicklas Bendtner, Theo Walcott, Denilson, Armand Traore, Gael Clichy, Lukasz Fabianski, Carlos Vela, Jack Wilshere and Johan Djourou.

If you select them in a 3-4-3 formation, you can make a pretty handy team out of that lot.

Unread 17-11-2009, 08:10 PM
naes_sean

Quote:
An 'Old Trafford insider' is quoted by The Sun as saying: "It is causing quite a bit of discomfort, which is worrying" while a concurring Independent declares, in rather greater depth, that 'the knock Dimitar Berbatov received in United's 2-0 win over Blackburn Rovers on 31 October has exacerbated a fluid on the knee condition, which may require surgery. The striker is with the Bulgarian squad for tomorrow's friendly in Malta and may play a part, and there are hopes he might be nursed through his injury.'
that's good enough for me!

Unread 17-11-2009, 08:12 PM
plopborsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by naes_sean
about time we gave owen a run of games

Unread 17-11-2009, 08:13 PM
Spiffy

Quote:
Originally Posted by naes_sean
There was some journo being interviewed on 5Live recently and he was saying that when they attribute quotes to "close family friend" or "club insider" or "sources close to" most of the time it's the person they are talking about who actually told them but they didn't want to be quoted. So in this instance it could be Berbatov but it culd also be anyone at United or in the national team who spilled the beans.

Unread 17-11-2009, 09:07 PM
Stickman

Quote:
Originally Posted by £#%&! KFC
Van Persie > Bruno....and I wouldn't want that @#%&! in/on/or near a United shirt either
£#%&! off

Unread 17-11-2009, 09:51 PM
wee man

Torres is the whole focus of their team and goalscoring. It's almost like they are 6 years behind Utd as that is what Ruud had become to the detriment of the team.

A better comparison would be

Ruud 2002/03 > Torres 09/10 ?

Unread 17-11-2009, 09:54 PM
£#%&! KFC

Thumbs up Re: benitez trying to convince the liverpool board to sell torres?

Quote:
Originally Posted by wee man
Torres is the whole focus of their team and goalscoring. It's almost like they are 6 years behind Utd as that is what Ruud had become to the detriment of the team.

A better comparison would be

Ruud 2002/03 > Torres 09/10 ?
exactly

Unread 17-11-2009, 10:03 PM
My Name is Keith

The comparison with Berbles is a secondary issue. The original point was £#%&! KFC giving it that he wouldn't have Torres anywhere near the team.

Not sure why albeit it seems to revolve around him playing for Liverpool and from what I can make out, looking like Bruno. Oh and Berbles has won more medals than Torres.

The comparison with Berbles was just a light-hearted side issue and unfair because it's like comparing err........... Berbles to Torres.

The fact remains that Torres would walk into to nearly every team in the world.

Unread 17-11-2009, 10:05 PM
My Name is Keith

Quote:
Originally Posted by £#%&! KFC
exactly
He says desperately trying to find a rock to cling to.

Unread 17-11-2009, 10:07 PM
Spiffy

Quote:
The comparison with Berbles is a secondary issue. The original point was £#%&! KFC giving it that he wouldn't have Torres anywhere near the team.

Not sure why albeit it seems to revolve around him playing for Liverpool and from what I can make out, looking like Bruno. Oh and Berbles has won more medals than Torres.

The comparison with Berbles was just a light-hearted side issue and unfair because it's like comparing err........... Berbles to Torres.

He'd get a game at Real and Barcelona. He'd get a game at OT, Chelsea and Arsenal. You need to remove the word 'nearly'.

Unread 17-11-2009, 10:17 PM
£#%&! KFC

Quote:

apart from Manchester United

Unread 17-11-2009, 10:20 PM
taff

two points:

1) didn't fergie put in a bid for benzema only to have it rejected, and didn't put in another 'cos he wouldn't go higher than 30m? did that actually happen or did i make it up? can't remember. anyway, if it did, that would suggest he's got funds at his disposal - if not the full 80m then a portion of it.

2) as quality a player as torres undoubtedly is, he's still a preening scouse bastard, and i don't like the idea of us trying to improve our squad by buying from them. when berbatov is on his game i enjoy watching him more than almost anyone that's around at the moment. plus he's one of us, and torres definitely isn't. it'd stick in the throat if we signed him.

Unread 17-11-2009, 10:22 PM
£#%&! KFC

Thumbs up Re: benitez trying to convince the liverpool board to sell torres?

Quote:
Originally Posted by taff
two points:

2) as quality a player as torres undoubtedly is, he's still a preening scouse bastard, and i don't like the idea of us trying to improve our squad by buying from them. when berbatov is on his game i enjoy watching him more than almost anyone that's around at the moment. plus he's one of us, and torres definitely isn't. it'd stick in the throat if we signed him.
perfect summation

thankfully we're not all called Keith around here

Unread 17-11-2009, 10:24 PM
Spiffy

Quote:
Originally Posted by taff
two points:

1) didn't fergie put in a bid for benzema only to have it rejected, and didn't put in another 'cos he wouldn't go higher than 30m? did that actually happen or did i make it up? can't remember. anyway, if it did, that would suggest he's got funds at his disposal - if not the full 80m then a portion of it.

You get a double whammy of getting a good striker and ruining their team in the process. I'd do it just for the entertainment on the Rawk thread tbh.
Closed Thread