United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 19-05-2009, 01:16 PM
denis lawless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron_van_Marlon
after a season in which we've won the league, the Carling Cup, the World Club Cup thing & that Charidee gig at the start of the season... someone always has to try & make it a Berbatov issue. You'd of thought people would be pleased the way the squad has combined for all this success going into the European Cup final.
Quote:
Originally Posted by wiganste
What difference does all that make? Nothing, absolutely nothing, can get in the way for a Berbatov put down.
dont worry about it lads...its was just a cheeky dig at Carrick after him and his henchmen mugged me last night and tried to give me a kicking because i didnt agree with them......its no big deal

Unread 19-05-2009, 01:19 PM
armchair

I remember calling Cantona 'Mr.Flicks' before he was signed.

Unread 19-05-2009, 01:28 PM
dodger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginners
quicker, stronger, funnier, beating people.

irwin was stronger at

playing right back, set peices, crossing, defending.

two good players who played in totaly different era's of football, i dont think irwin could cope in todays game, but i think evra could have coped in irwins

Stronger? In what way?

Unread 19-05-2009, 01:30 PM
Part 36 Offer

Quote:
Originally Posted by denis lawless
dont worry about it lads...its was just a cheeky dig at Carrick after him and his henchmen mugged me last night and tried to give me a kicking because i didnt agree with them......its no big deal

You couldn't give a cheeky dig if you tried to Denise.

It had nothing to do with your opinion, it was your stupidity in refusing to acknowledge the facts. I couldn't care less if you don't like Berbatov.

Anyway, don't ruin another thread, PM me if you want to say anything else.

Unread 19-05-2009, 01:32 PM
Ginners

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodger
Stronger? In what way?
physically a much better specimen

cant find of irwin, hes never dared take his top off.

Unread 19-05-2009, 01:35 PM
denis lawless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carrick
You couldn't give a cheeky dig if you tried to Denise.

It had nothing to do with your opinion, it was your stupidity in refusing to acknowledge the facts. I couldn't care less if you don't like Berbatov.

Anyway, don't ruin another thread, PM me if you want to say anything else.

youre taking it all far too seriously

Unread 19-05-2009, 01:37 PM
sullers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginners
physically a much better specimen

cant find of irwin, hes never dared take his top off.
Not bad. Needs some shoulder work and a little on the guns but a good base.

Definitely a footballers' physique.

Edit - I must be one of the few people in the world who has ever google image searched 'Deniis Iriwin's body/physique/shirt off'.

Unread 19-05-2009, 01:46 PM
dunk

Ginners has seen his arse here tbh.

Unread 19-05-2009, 01:46 PM
Part 36 Offer

Quote:
Originally Posted by denis lawless

youre taking it all far too seriously

Not at all, I just don't like ignorant people.

No offence.

Keep up with the photoshopping and big smilies, though

Unread 19-05-2009, 01:47 PM
Ginners

Quote:
Originally Posted by sullers
Edit - I must be one of the few people in the world who has ever google image searched 'Deniis Iriwin's body/physique/shirt off'.
im probably the other one

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
not quite dunk.

Unread 19-05-2009, 01:49 PM
Ether

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk

Unread 19-05-2009, 01:51 PM
Smeggs

this is a non story.

i like irwin and evra equally, diff players for diff temas and diff times.

that is all.

Unread 19-05-2009, 02:08 PM
S/Side.Red

Also, if you're going to bring consistency into it, you surely have to note that Irwin played in a far weaker Premiership than the one Evra currently does. That's not to say Denis couldn't perform in today's league, but during the early-mid 90's, you could argue the English league was the 5th or 6th strongest in Europe. Even towards the end of Irwin's United career, when the Premiership was on the way up, it still wasn't close to the same level of competition it is today.

Unread 19-05-2009, 02:14 PM
BarryX

interesting how neither Berbatov or Tevez made it.

Discuss...

Unread 19-05-2009, 02:26 PM
Coracao

Irwin was better at defending and better at attacking. Not much debate to be had on this one, and Evra is my current favourite player

Unread 19-05-2009, 02:52 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
Also, if you're going to bring consistency into it, you surely have to note that Irwin played in a far weaker Premiership than the one Evra currently does. That's not to say Denis couldn't perform in today's league, but during the early-mid 90's, you could argue the English league was the 5th or 6th strongest in Europe. Even towards the end of Irwin's United career, when the Premiership was on the way up, it still wasn't close to the same level of competition it is today.
so you're saying that when United won the Treble the league and the European Cup was £#%&! compared to how it is less than a decade later?

nonsense.

I remember Pter Schmeichel saying the 99 team would beat the 68 team 10-0.

Unread 19-05-2009, 02:54 PM
Fountz

Default You chaps really do need to check in every now and then..

...on the excellent auto-freds.

This was on there a couple of days ago, I left my comments on the original post

Unread 19-05-2009, 02:57 PM
dodger

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
What sort of camparison are making there? Arsenal aren't better now than they were. Chelsea are better. Liverpool aren't much different.

Then we're down to Villa and Fulham...they're £#%&!. Everton are 5th and they haven't had any strikers all season.

Unread 19-05-2009, 03:06 PM
magic_cantona

Evra will have to have a few more years in some stellar form before anyone can say he's surpassed Irwin.

At the moment though, there's no way he could be put in ahead of Irwin.

Still, nice to have a choice between two world class players.

Unread 19-05-2009, 03:22 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb
so you're saying that when United won the Treble the league and the European Cup was £#%&! compared to how it is less than a decade later?

nonsense.

I remember Pter Schmeichel saying the 99 team would beat the 68 team 10-0.
It was a weaker Premiership, certainly. The English league is a far stronger league now than it was 10-15 years ago when Irwin was in his prime, that's all. I just think it should be taken into account when comparing the consistency of the players in question.
Closed Thread