United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 05-03-2009, 06:53 AM
Smurf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhodzy
Yeah I wanna see it too. Calling Ronnie ugly.
I know dude. Ronnnie is a hottie!

Unread 05-03-2009, 08:43 AM
Jez Quigley

Default I thought

it was Rooney he called ugly

Unread 05-03-2009, 10:17 AM
irk

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2...-steven-taylor

Quote:
Cristiano Ronaldo was involved in a confrontation with Newcastle's Steven Taylor in the players' tunnel at half-time of Manchester United's 2-1 victory at St James' Park on Wednesday night, calling the Newcastle defender 'a rubbish footballer' and having to be calmed down by his captain, Rio Ferdinand, and the referee, Steve Bennett.
Taylor had been booked for a rash challenge on Ronaldo before half-time and the pair exchanged angry words as they made their way to their dressing rooms. Ronaldo reportedly started the exchange by calling Taylor a rubbish footballer, to which the Newcastle defender responded by allegedly saying that, at least, "he wasn't ugly".
Ronaldo repeated the claim about Taylor being a poor footballer and the exchange ended with the defender apparently saying, "I know, but you are still ugly" before Ferdinand and Bennett intervened.
Newcastle's stand-in manager, Chris Hughton, defended his player after the game. "I've had the opportunity to see it again and Steven was a bit headstrong in his endeavour to pull Ronaldo back, but he caught him on the shoulder and neck, that's all it was," he said.
Peter Lovenkrands had given Newcastle an early lead after a rare mistake by Edwin van der Sar but Wayne Rooney and Dimitar Berbatov hit back to secure yet another win for United. They are now seven points clear of Chelsea and Liverpool with a game in hand.
sounds nasty tbh.

won't somebody think of the children?

Unread 05-03-2009, 10:37 AM
RedMenace

Worst comeback ever, ugly ffs.. "I know you are but what am I?.."

Unread 05-03-2009, 10:39 AM
thatsfuctit

Unread 05-03-2009, 10:40 AM
forzagarza

He should have said "Your mums so fat she looks like Koppas"

Unread 05-03-2009, 10:40 AM
plopborsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedMenace
Worst comeback ever, ugly ffs.. "I know you are but what am I?.."
not really whats ronny proud about his apperance.

Unread 05-03-2009, 10:43 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by forzagarza

Unread 05-03-2009, 10:44 AM
dodger

None of this is possible as we always get the best of any decisions no?

Unread 05-03-2009, 10:46 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodger
None of this is possible as we always get the best of any decisions no?
Do you think reaction to this incident might've been a hint different had it been a United player who threw a rubbish punch?

Unread 05-03-2009, 10:50 AM
dodger

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonin jablonsky
Do you think reaction to this incident might've been a hint different had it been a United player who threw a rubbish punch?
Well,and I'm only going on what has happened in the past and, I'd assume, has set a precedent, yes. The media reaction may have been slightly different too.

Unread 05-03-2009, 10:52 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodger
Well,and I'm only going on what has happened in the past and, I'd assume, has set a precedent, yes. The media reaction may have been slightly different too.
Yeah, I have that feeling, that there is a possibility, that this might be judged in certain quarters to have been an incident of pure unadulterated evil deserving of a lengthy ban..

Unread 05-03-2009, 10:53 AM
thatsfuctit

Unread 05-03-2009, 10:55 AM
Zorg

His follow-up two-footed lunge on Carrick was horrendous as well.

Amazing that he only got one yellow for three bookable offences within seconds of each other.

Unread 05-03-2009, 10:57 AM
thatsfuctit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorg
His follow-up two-footed lunge on Carrick was horrendous as well.

Amazing that he only got one yellow for three bookable offences within seconds of each other.
Bennett is king of the @#%&!s , you have to bear that in mind.

Hasn't he sent Ronnie off twice - once for his lunge against city (intent)
and Pompey?

Unread 05-03-2009, 11:07 AM
Zorg

Quote:
Originally Posted by thatsfuctit
Bennett is king of the @#%&!s , you have to bear that in mind.

Hasn't he sent Ronnie off twice - once for his lunge against city (intent)
and Pompey?
Yep. Absolutely hates the guy.

What was most shocking about this one was that both the gay punch and the lunge took place right under the linesman's nose, he flagged furiously....you have to wonder what he said to the ref.

Unread 05-03-2009, 11:28 AM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gruber
commentator reckoned that the yellow taylor got was for an earlier foul on Evra (?) and had nothing to do with the swing at Ronaldo.
how many hours are the states behind us?

Quote:
Originally Posted by forzagarza

Unread 05-03-2009, 11:36 AM
thatsfuctit

Unread 05-03-2009, 11:44 AM
Zorg

Slightly off-topic but Alan Shearer is a blind @#%&!!

Wigan v West Ham, Parker tries to break someone's leg and gets booked and SOP says 'he hardly touches him'.

Unread 05-03-2009, 11:47 AM
Tumescent Throb

reminded me of Beckham in Turin when Davids did him at the end

one day Ronaldo will @#%&! the @#%&! instead of double sommersaulting

or maybe not
Closed Thread