United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
View Poll Results: how much of a myth is mourinho's ability as a manager?
not at all. he deserves all the praise he gets, simple as that. 9 20.45%
he's very good, but he's also very fortunate. his record flatters him. 29 65.91%
not all he's cracked up to be and he'll be found out over time. 6 13.64%
Voters: 44. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Unread 28-02-2009, 05:14 PM
Serenity Now

Mourinho is a truly great manager. His record compares favourably with almost anyone in football today, he's got the best performance levels out of so many players, he's very innovative in his training methods (the famous tactical periodization), tactically he's brilliant, his understanding of football (human?) psychology is top notch, he has a tremendous will to win, and he's an extremely charismatic individual. If you speak with anyone who has worked with him they will tell you the same thing, as I'm sure would Sir Alex, who has a great deal of respect for Mourinho.

His teams, at their best, are like machines - very compact, great synchronicity in each line and between the lines, able to strike decisively at the weakest spot of the opponent (I have never seen a faster defence-attack transition than the one of Mourinho's Chelsea in his first couple of years there.), and with every player understanding perfectly his role in the team.

Would I want him at United? Probably not, as it's not the kind of football I like to watch, but you have to respect him and what he has achieved in his career.

Unread 28-02-2009, 05:25 PM
rebelcountyred

For my ten bobs worth, i think mourinho's an excellent manager, don't like the football his teams play and it is certainly not the united way, however when fergie bows out and united are looking for a new manager his name will be prominent.
The question is if continued success under Mourinho playing his style of football would be preferrable to another manager playing the united way but with less success, I know what i'd rather watch but the thought of those scouse @#%&!s getting to the top again for no matter how short a time makes me ill at the prospect.
Closed Thread