United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 18-01-2009, 09:04 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by £#%&! KFC
yep agree with most of that but they were shite in most of their CL games and their European record is abysmal in recent seasons
True, they were really bad in the CL group phase, but I think it's a continuation of the complacency they've suffered from domestically. Being in one of the weakest groups may not have been ideal. Mourinho will probably feel that a top team in the knockouts is exactly what they needed to get the best out of them. They certainly won't come to Old Trafford with the same attitude they showed in the group phase.

You have to feel it's a huge tie for Zlatan, also. He scores most of their goals, but he really needs to turn up at this stage if he wants to get the wider recognition, from outside Italy.

Unread 18-01-2009, 10:15 PM
The Watcher

Quote:
yep agree with most of that but they were shite in most of their CL games and their European record is abysmal in recent seasons
To be fair, they've been shit in the European Cup since Herrera left in the 60's

Also, won't it be almost exactly ten years since we last played (and knocked them out) of this competition when we next meet? I'm sure the quarter finals in '99 were around Feb/March time

Unread 18-01-2009, 10:16 PM
£#%&! KFC

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Watcher
To be fair, they've been shit in the European Cup since Herrera left in the 60's

Also, won't it be almost exactly ten years since we last played (and knocked them out) of this competition when we next meet? I'm sure the quarter finals in '99 were around Feb/March time
yep pretty sure it was

Unread 18-01-2009, 10:21 PM
The Watcher

Quote:
yep pretty sure it was

Mourinho, are you listening?
We're gunna keep that trophy glistening
You'll be sat at home
While we're in Rome
Walking in a Fergie wonderland!

Don't care what the top reds think, I loved that Mourinho song we sung at every game in 2006/2007. Good to have it back, suitably amended of course

Unread 18-01-2009, 10:23 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:

You'll be sat at home
While we're in Rome

Don't care what the top reds think, I loved that Mourinho song we sung at every game in 2006/2007. Good to have it back, suitably amended of course
great song was that

up there with amongst others United are going to Glasgow in 01/02 and viva ronaldo last season as an anthem

Unread 18-01-2009, 10:24 PM
£#%&! KFC

Quote:

You'll be sat at home
While we're in Rome

yep it really seemed to annoy Maureen and those cockney £#%&!wits....chin up Mourinho

Unread 18-01-2009, 10:26 PM
Billy Bigbollox

Quote:

2nd leg was around the middle of March IIRC, I watched it in a bar full of ABUs in Disneyland Paris.

Unread 18-01-2009, 10:32 PM
Gypsum Fantastic

1st leg was March 10th 1999 - I recently found my ticket from the game in a box full of old stuff. There was also a ticket in there from a Stone Roses gig I went to at Legends in Warrington dated March 10th 1989.

Going to have to be a £#%&!ing good night this year for the third leg of that 20 year spread to match up to those two.

Unread 18-01-2009, 10:42 PM
The Watcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb
great song was that

up there with amongst others United are going to Glasgow in 01/02 and viva ronaldo last season as an anthem
Yea. Viva Ronaldo and Follow Follow were real anthems last season. Leaving the ground after the Barca game singing "United are going to Moscow"...I could hardly believe it had finally come true!
Closed Thread