United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 12-01-2009, 01:17 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by denis lawless
sorry AJ but i made a point of watching DB closely yesterday.....and yeah, he contributed yesterday with a goal and a flick on header.....but for the majority of the match he strolled about as if he was walking his dog in the park...whos to say if someone else was in the starting 11, that they wouldnt have scored one or two themselves ?.......i need more from my players. The first line of defense is your attack, he lost the ball on numerous occasions and didnt really look to put much pressure on their defenders when they had the ball

Park on the other hand was his usual "Jack Russell chasing kids in the park" self....lots of energy and running around but little control or end product....his shooting is worse that Nicky Butt's used to be
I don't recognise either description as being representative of the players contributions but you are entitled to you opinion I s'pose.

Unread 12-01-2009, 01:26 PM
denis lawless

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonin jablonsky
I don't recognise either description as being representative of the players contributions but you are entitled to you opinion I s'pose.
you questioned my theory about Derby getting a result last week

Unread 12-01-2009, 01:26 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
you questioned my theory about Derby getting a result last week
Did I? Why I wonder?

Unread 12-01-2009, 01:30 PM
denis lawless

Quote:
Did I? Why I wonder?
maybe because you spend too much time with Dunlop

or maybe rose coloured glasses

dunno

Unread 12-01-2009, 01:32 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
maybe because you spend too much time with Dunlop

or maybe rose coloured glasses

dunno
I don't spend any time with Mr Dunlop. as to rose coloured glasses, I do as much as possible try to look upon united in a positive manner. If I wanted to be a miserable negative @#%&! who doesn't have a good word to say about his club I'd support the bitters.

Unread 12-01-2009, 01:47 PM
Part 36 Offer

Quote:
what were you up to while the match was on yesterday? Gardening? Shouting at a wall?

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzy dunlop
wow.

Unread 12-01-2009, 01:56 PM
denis lawless

Quote:
I don't spend any time with Mr Dunlop. as to rose coloured glasses, I do as much as possible try to look upon united in a positive manner. If I wanted to be a miserable negative @#%&! who doesn't have a good word to say about his club I'd support the bitters.
well...its never quite black or white is it......there are many shades of grey inbetween......

i try to look at things with an open mind, if i see somethin positive then im happy, if i see something that isnt, then i'll say so..and if i have influence over it, i try to improve it........those who paper over the cracks and see everything as being rosey in the garden support city and other losers

Unread 12-01-2009, 02:30 PM
Charlestown Rouge

I think Berbatov is superb but my one frustration is his aggression in and around the six yard area - there were a couple of crosses yesterday where he should have shown Van Nistelrooy like hunger to get moving and get on the end of them.

Criticising Park after the shift he put in on both flanks yesterday is churlish beyond belief. He was outstanding.

Unread 12-01-2009, 03:20 PM
dunk

I thought the first half passed him by to a large extent yesterday, I made a comment in the match thread that he was playing as I expect I would if I was playing, too slow in possession, the game going past me ad me spinning round, and snatching, panicing when in possession.

To be fair to him though, he never hid, kept trying to get involved and constantly improved throughout the game and had an excellent 2nd half.

The lack of urgency he portrays at times is £#%&!ing painful though, I don't want him running around like a headless chicken, but at least run around when there is a chance of getting involved, and ffs, pass the ball quicker and take more care, particularly with the easy passes.

Unread 12-01-2009, 03:25 PM
denis lawless

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
I thought the first half passed him by to a large extent yesterday, I made a comment in the match thread that he was playing as I expect I would if I was playing, too slow in possession, the game going past me ad me spinning round, and snatching, panicing when in possession.

To be fair to him though, he never hid, kept trying to get involved and constantly improved throughout the game and had an excellent 2nd half.

The lack of urgency he portrays at times is £#%&!ing painful though, I don't want him running around like a headless chicken, but at least run around when there is a chance of getting involved, and ffs, pass the ball quicker and take more care, particularly with the easy passes.
ah...dunk, youre talking far too much sense ...here have one of these

Unread 12-01-2009, 03:26 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
ah...dunk, youre talking far too much sense ...here have one of these
I agree with much of what he's said there, though i think he got more involved from missing that chance after half an hour, before then he was very quiet. As he says though he was excellent 2nd half.

Unread 12-01-2009, 03:31 PM
dunk

Quote:
I agree with much of what he's said there, though i think he got more involved from missing that chance after half an hour, before then he was very quiet. As he says though he was excellent 2nd half.
That missed chance was a bit of a watershed for the whole team, despite looking good and being in control, we hadn't really created anything up to that point, but after getting through then it seemed the sense of belief grew and we got through 4 or 5 times after that.

Unread 12-01-2009, 03:35 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
That missed chance was a bit of a watershed for the whole team, despite looking good and being in control, we hadn't really created anything up to that point, but after getting through then it seemed the sense of belief grew and we got through 4 or 5 times after that.
Such a shame 'cos it was a great move and the way he turned his defender inside out with just a little shimmy was fantastic. Think the ball held up a bit on him but it was a very poor finish. Still as you say we really kicked on from that point.

Unread 12-01-2009, 03:39 PM
dunk

Quote:
Such a shame 'cos it was a great move and the way he turned his defender inside out with just a little shimmy was fantastic. Think the ball held up a bit on him but it was a very poor finish. Still as you say we really kicked on from that point.
In fairness, I think it's the first time he's ever tried to kick it with his left foot, he was bound to struggle.

Unread 12-01-2009, 03:39 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
In fairness, I think it's the first time he's ever tried to kick it with his left foot, he was bound to struggle.

Unread 12-01-2009, 03:49 PM
borsuk

i thought berbles was outstanding right through. great movement, control. some misunderstandings at times but that's normal. as a unit i thought our front four showed more movement and interchanging than we have for a while. lots of running towards the goal ahead of the ball at last.

it really does make such a difference having somebody bringing the ball forward like giggs did yesterday. makes the defence backpedal, lets the front players run towards the goal ahead of the ball instead of sideways or making them static with their back to the goal. i hope anderson was watching closely because giggs gave him a masterclass he could learn an awful lot from yesterday.

Unread 12-01-2009, 03:52 PM
denis lawless

Quote:
Originally Posted by borsuk
i thought berbles was outstanding right through. great movement, control. some misunderstandings at times but that's normal. as a unit i thought our front four showed more movement and interchanging than we have for a while. lots of running towards the goal ahead of the ball at last.

it really does make such a difference having somebody bringing the ball forward like giggs did yesterday. makes the defence backpedal, lets the front players run towards the goal ahead of the ball instead of sideways or making them static with their back to the goal. i hope anderson was watching closely because giggs gave him a masterclass he could learn an awful lot from yesterday.
with respect borsuk....you only saw what he did when the cameras were on him...you didnt see him off the ball...walking around, eating an apple and generally looking like he was on a sunday afternoon stroll

Unread 12-01-2009, 03:54 PM
Tumescent Throb

but it was a sunday afternoon stroll

Unread 12-01-2009, 04:12 PM
The Watcher

Quote:
with respect borsuk....you only saw what he did when the cameras were on him...you didnt see him off the ball...walking around, eating an apple and generally looking like he was on a sunday afternoon stroll

Unread 12-01-2009, 04:27 PM
denis lawless

Closed Thread