United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 20-11-2008, 12:42 PM
Coracao

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron_van_Marlon
Fair point on the flights.

I'd prefer to see Anderson, & yes his lack of goals is annoying in the extreme. I remember Fabregas going a whole season 2 years ago not scoring, or only getting one at the end, then a glut & it all changes. Something similar will happen with him I reckon.

Maybe a 4-3-3 to match up against Villa is a better idea... no Berbatov possibly with his hamstring so Carrick, Fletch & Anderson, Rooney, Ronnie & Tevez.
At present, I can't see it happening at all. The lad doesn't even get in position to miss chances. Unless he starts banging them in from 25 yards, and with his current piss poor technique at shooting, it just isn't gonna happen!

I actually like Anderson, but he currently doesn't merit a place in the side. Especially when we need to go on a run of winning games. The form players should be selected for these next 3 away games.

Part 36 Offer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coracao
You have to bear in mind who has played where this week.

Anderson has been with Brazil. His stamina has to be called into question when he hasn't even been travelling or playing, there is surely £#%&!ing no chance of him playing on Saturday. Especially with Ronaldo also coming back from the same game. Fergie won't be throwing two players into a difficult away fixture when there has to be questions over their general fitness.

I'm not looking forward to this game, i normally always expect us to batter Villa.

Anderson needs to do something to actually merit a place in the side. A goal or at least an assist would be a start. What does he currently do better than Fletcher?
Very good post. I agree entirely. It will be a tough game this. They will be looking to push on after their win at the Emirates and prove they are not a flash in the pan side.

Davies and Laursen are very good at the back. We need a performance from the Roon and the back four.

antonin jablonsky

Quote:
passes & moves, puts in a good tackle. Links up well with the forwards & Carrick.

I have to say, I think Fletcher has been doing exactly those things all season superrbly well.

Unread 20-11-2008, 12:43 PM
Part 36 Offer

Quote:
At present, I can't see it happening at all. The lad doesn't even get in position to miss chances. Unless he starts banging them in from 25 yards, and with his current piss poor technique at shooting, it just isn't gonna happen!

I actually like Anderson, but he currently doesn't merit a place in the side. Especially when we need to go on a run of winning games. The form players should be selected for these next 3 away games.
Pure perspective.

Not as in the fat @#%&! btw!

Unread 20-11-2008, 12:43 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
The form players should be selected for these next 3 away games.
I definitely agree with this. Park would be included.

Unread 20-11-2008, 12:45 PM
Coracao

Quote:
passes & moves, puts in a good tackle. Links up well with the forwards & Carrick.

He's not on form granted, Fletcher has been good, but as said above, it's not gonna kill me to see one or the other.
He doesn't tackle any better than Fletcher. And believe me, I never thought i'd say that about Fletcherson. In addition, his passing isn't on another level either. There was a game a few weeks ago where Fletcher attempted 59 passes, 58 of them found their target. He may not be the most ambitious of passers, but Anderson is hardly comparable to Scholes in that regard either.

Unread 20-11-2008, 12:48 PM
legendary saf

Hope we see this

Van Der Sar

Rafael
Ferdinand
Vidic
Evra

Ronaldo
Fletcher
Carrick
Nani

Rooney
Tevez

That team would be completely ruthless, no £#%&!ing around.

Anderson had a fantastic perfoirmance for Brazil last night by all accounts, i'd start him in the derby but Fletch should start in this one.

Wish we had Scholesy for this one tbh, gonna clutch at straws to pure's comments and hope he comes on as a sub.

YES I £#%&!ING KNOW FERGUSON SAID HE WOULDN'T EVEN BE READY FOR CITY BUT IT WOULD JUST BE TYPICAL SIR ALEX FERGUSON IF THE GINGER GENIUS STEPPED OUT AT VILLA PARK AGAIN.

Unread 20-11-2008, 12:51 PM
Baron

Anderson has definitely got a better range of passing than Fletcher & he sheilds the ball better. His one touch stuff in the middle of the park with Carrick moves us on with more impetus, links us between back & front - and he's capable of raking cross field switches of play, definitely.

Fletcher used to be the master at passing sideways, he's been moving it better this year but I don't see a great deal of variation it what he's been doing.

Unread 20-11-2008, 12:59 PM
Whalefish

Davies, Laursen and Friedel on Saturday - all three have been good of late.

Their three man midfield has been very effective too. Difficult to break down. Chuck in their delivery from set pieces and our inability to defend them properly it's going to be a very tough game.

I don't think there's much chance of Nani starting.

Unread 20-11-2008, 01:06 PM
legendary saf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whalefish
I don't think there's much chance of Nani starting.
Who then?

Surely not Park again? Has Ferguson not learnt from the last 2 away games?

At least go 4-3-2/4-2-3-1 then if nani isn't starting.

Unread 20-11-2008, 01:07 PM
legendary saf

Laursen ffs, god my arse will be twitching whenever Villa have a set piece.

Need Vidic to be on his game.

Unread 20-11-2008, 01:10 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by legendary saf
Who then?

Surely not Park again? Has Ferguson not learnt from the last 2 away games?

At least go 4-3-2/4-2-3-1 then if nani isn't starting.
Park was excellernt at Arse and at the weekend. Nani has been bordering on appalling at times this season. If he keeps blasting shots 20 yards wide with team-mates better placed I suspect one of them is gonna @#%&! him.

Unread 20-11-2008, 01:11 PM
Whalefish

Park's played well last few games he's featured, so yeah Park.

Unread 20-11-2008, 01:19 PM
Part 36 Offer

Quote:
Anderson has definitely got a better range of passing than Fletcher & he sheilds the ball better. His one touch stuff in the middle of the park with Carrick moves us on with more impetus, links us between back & front - and he's capable of raking cross field switches of play, definitely.
Fletcher used to be the master at passing sideways, he's been moving it better this year but I don't see a great deal of variation it what he's been doing.
Fletcher is capable of all of this imo. And he does it.

He was outstanding against Stoke.

Unread 20-11-2008, 01:28 PM
Baron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Part 36 Offer
Fletcher is capable of all of this imo. And he does it.
He's 4 years older & 100 appearances more experienced. Talent wise, I see Fletcher as a Gary Neville type. Works his %@#$&!s off & deserves his place, but if Anderson was getting a goal & played 90mins alongside Carrick week in, week out he'll come on in leaps & bounds.

Unread 20-11-2008, 01:33 PM
Part 36 Offer

Quote:
He's 4 years older & 100 appearances more experienced. Talent wise, I see Fletcher as a Gary Neville type. Works his %@#$&!s off & deserves his place, but if Anderson was getting a goal & played 90mins alongside Carrick week in, week out he'll come on in leaps & bounds.
Yeah he may be a better prospect but as Coracao says you play your form players.

I'm not arsed if Anderson will be a great player one day, it's all about winning on Saturday.

Unread 20-11-2008, 01:36 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Part 36 Offer
Yeah he may be a better prospect but as Coracao says you play your form players.

I'm not arsed if Anderson will be a great player one day, it's all about winning on Saturday.
Agree on that. If we are playing only 2 in midfield in a tough away like this, i want the 2 who are currently playing the best and for me those are clearly Carrick and Fletcher.

Unread 20-11-2008, 01:48 PM
Wum Tastic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete's Shoes
I heard last night that wes is going to be out for some time, needs an op. Not sure if its true but hope not
I saw him in the pub for the Arsenal game a couple of weeks ago, had one of those big protective boots on his foot, looks like a fairly serious injury.

Unread 20-11-2008, 01:52 PM
Part 36 Offer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wum Tastic
I saw him in the pub for the Arsenal game a couple of weeks ago, had one of those big protective boots on his foot, looks like a fairly serious injury.
Is this where your username comes into play or is fo'real homes?

Unread 20-11-2008, 01:53 PM
marlo

------------------------------vds-------------------------------

--oshea-----------rio----------------------vidic-----------evra--

-------------fletcher---------carrick----------anderson-----------

--------------rooney-----------tevez-------------ronaldo----------

subs
kushack
rafael
nani
park
possebon