Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 16-11-2009, 12:30 PM
MJ Ramone

Default Re: for all you stat heads?

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlo
make fun of it all you want.

he cost about £7m ish and hasnt even made a league start or even a league appearance in nearly a year.
I saw the Toss-Dog play on telly the other night against Northern Ireland. He looked very good tbf.
Not sure why he hasn't got a look in? ...I imagine his 'size' isn't helping...but then they knew how small he was when they bought him. It's not as if he's shrunk since he's been here..or maybe he has

Tosic with Hayley McQueen at Player of Year do.

I actually agree with you about our Squad....but I keep it to myself!
I think we have taken a step or 2 back since Moscow, but there's still every reason to think we can win the Title this season.
I think we looked a lot more fluid against Chelsea when we played a 4-3-3...more questions than answers for Fergie at the minute. But, we have won the Title 3 years on the spin to be fair...not to mention back to back European Cup Finals.
We're about due a 'transitional' season.

Unread 16-11-2009, 12:35 PM
marlo

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ Ramone
I saw the Toss-Dog play on telly the other night against Northern Ireland. He looked very good tbf.
Not sure why he hasn't got a look in? ...I imagine his 'size' isn't helping...but then they knew how small he was when they bought him. It's not as if he's shrunk since he's been here..or maybe he has

Tosic with Hayley McQueen at Player of Year do.

I actually agree with you about our Squad....but I keep it to myself!
I think we have taken a step or 2 back since Moscow, but there's still every reason to think we can win the Title this season.
I think we looked a lot more fluid against Chelsea when we played a 4-3-3...more questions than answers for Fergie at the minute. But, we have won the Title 3 years on the spin to be fair...not to mention back to back European Cup Finals.
We're about due a 'transitional' season.
anyone remember this...

(LOOK AT 2-54)

Unread 16-11-2009, 12:38 PM
marlo

and now...

the new trinity...

Unread 16-11-2009, 01:00 PM
Lok

Quote:

and now...

the new trinity...

We've sold Rooney? £#%&!ing hell that Fergie is sneaky.

Unread 16-11-2009, 01:21 PM
MJ Ramone

Quote:
anyone remember this...
Watching that video is slightly depressing.
We played some great attacking stuff in that season.
And it certainly does question the signing of Berbatov (who does slow us down. nqat)

...but, I think Fergie KNEW Ronaldo was going after Moscow.
He convinced him to stay for an extra year, but essentially he knew we had to change things around a bit.

Unread 16-11-2009, 01:22 PM
zzalsar3

Havent we scored more goals than last year at this point ?

Are the new goals too boring or something ? Put a compilation of this season's goals one after the other. Are they really so dull ?

Unread 16-11-2009, 01:24 PM
PaulParkers

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaffo
To me it says Ryan Giggs is a brilliant footballer
That's too obvious an observation for this clueless £#%&!ing @#%&!ty shit @#%&! to notice jaffo.

Unread 16-11-2009, 01:31 PM
MJ Ramone

Quote:
Originally Posted by zzalsar3
Havent we scored more goals than last year at this point ?

Are the new goals too boring or something ? Put a compilation of this season's goals one after the other. Are they really so dull ?
For the most part I've enjoyed the Football this season.
Although the defeat at Anfield (particuarly given our results against them last season) was unforgivable.
I think what you feel watching that video is, It's a shame those 3 were only used for one season (a ridiculously successful one at that)
It's just annoying that Ronnie didn't wanna play for us anymore

The bedding in of new players, the mind-numbingly regular International interuptions (Just @#%&!ing well £#%&! OFF) the injuries etc.. have made this a very untidy season so far.
To be honest, I think this is a very poor League this year...I think Chelsea are £#%&!ing ordinary..I think Liverpool are shit & I think Arsenal are the media darlings they always were & will fall away once the hype dies down & opponents stop lying down for them.

Unread 16-11-2009, 01:55 PM
zzalsar3

Quote:
For the most part I've enjoyed the Football this season.
Me too.

Quote:
I think what you feel watching that video is, It's a shame those 3 were only used for one season (a ridiculously successful one at that)
I thought the Tevez-is-a-god thing had been put to rest and that even city fans could see the pros and the cons of his game. So basically its a shame the Ronaldo left.

Quote:
It's just annoying that Ronnie didn't wanna play for us anymore
He's the only one I'm missing. And no use crying over the fact that he left of his own choice. And no use crying over the fact that we couldnt afford to replace him with an established match-winner or established goal-scorer. Both of those are just the facts of the matter.

Quote:
The bedding in of new players, the mind-numbingly regular International interuptions the injuries etc.. have made this a very untidy season so far.
Yes - but that sounds like the first few months of every season lately - especially the multiple international breaks so early in the season.

Its not like we regularly battered everyone when that supposed holy trinity played. Some of those games ended 0-0. Some of those games were heading for 0-0 until some scrappy goal scored by a defender. And some of those games ended 1-4 defeat at old trafford. Lets keep some perspective.

Unread 16-11-2009, 02:03 PM
Charlestown Rouge

Quote:
its how most united fans must feel looking at our squad went from looking on paper like one of the best in europe to erm...the way it looks now.

its now a case of hoping for a good result against a european giant.

can you see us going to the nou camp and holding our own?
I can see me and one or two others going and doing a job - not sure you'd show up though Marlers.

Unread 16-11-2009, 02:07 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by zzalsar3
Me too.

I thought the Tevez-is-a-god thing had been put to rest

Oh come on, do you not miss the excitement provided by a striker whose main skill was to spend most of his time chasing after his own appalling first touch.

Unread 16-11-2009, 02:07 PM
Richard Kuklinski

We have had dodgy patches in every season no matter what the team. Berb slows things down in the way RVN did. RVN was £#%&!ed out due to attitude and to allow Ronaldo flourish. Now that he has gone to madrid we are back to the slow centre forward. Problem is, RVN had Becks and Ronnie to supply him, Berb has Valencia who will settle I think but the distribution from the right will be weaker than any time in the last decade.

Unread 16-11-2009, 02:09 PM
Jack's Smirking Revenge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Kuklinski
We have had dodgy patches in every season no matter what the team. Berb slows things down in the way RVN did. RVN was £#%&!ed out due to attitude and to allow Ronaldo flourish. Now that he has gone to madrid we are back to the slow centre forward. Problem is, RVN had Becks and Ronnie to supply him, Berb has Valencia who will settle I think but the distribution from the right will be weaker than any time in the last decade.
i like ruud, so this isn't about slagging him off but

rudd didn't move as much because he couldn't, berbs doesn't move as much because he doesn't have to. big difference

Unread 16-11-2009, 02:10 PM
Fuzzy Dunlop

Love marlo's football threads. He doesn't half try tbf.

Unread 16-11-2009, 02:15 PM
MJ Ramone

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonin jablonsky
Oh come on, do you not miss the excitement provided by a striker whose main skill was to spend most of his time chasing after his own appalling first touch.
I think Tevez is a piece of work & a complete @#%&! for moving to City.
But let's not pretend he was a bit of a donkey for us..he was far better than that.
Not a great player & certainly not in the class of Wazza or Ronaldo, but still pretty decent.

I haven't been won over by Berbatov as yet. I'm not a 'Berba-hater' or any of that %@#$&!s...I just haven't made my mind up. Sometimes I feel positive & think he'll strike up a great understanding with the other players...other times I find him frustrating & hard to fathom.
He's scored a couple of great goals this season, but I want to see him 'turn up' in a big game.

Unread 16-11-2009, 02:16 PM
wiganste

It amazes me how some people can find so many faults at United but have yet to see us finish outside the top 3 in all their years 'supporting' us.

Unread 16-11-2009, 02:16 PM
Jack's Smirking Revenge

Quote:
But let's not pretend he was a bit of a donkey for us..he was far better than that.
Not a great player & certainly not in the class of Wazza or Ronaldo, but still pretty decent.

I haven't been won over by Berbatov as yet. I'm not a 'Berba-hater' or any of that %@#$&!s...I just haven't made my mind up. Sometimes I feel positive & think he'll strike up a great understanding with the other players...other times I find him frustrating & hard to fathom.
He's scored a couple of great goals this season, but I want to see him 'turn up' in a big game.
nail on the head

however some on here would have you believe he's the premierships answer to messi

Unread 16-11-2009, 02:20 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:

I really can't be bothered with another Berbatov argument, not suggesting you are getting into one but I doubt others will be able to resist. i'll just say that i think his form before his injury was excellent as was his movement, he scored a couple of winners and a very important equaliser in that time and i just hope he comes back from this injury in similar form. It seems a solid performance and loss against Chelsea has caused some of this to fade from memory, hopefully he starts against Everton and reminds a few why he was getting MOM's on here at the time. That's my lot I think on Berbatov for today.

Unread 16-11-2009, 02:24 PM
MJ Ramone

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonin jablonsky
I really can't be bothered with another Berbatov argument, not suggesting you are getting into one but I doubt others will be able to resist. i'll just say that i think his form before his injury was excellent as was his movement, he scored a couple of winners and a very important equaliser in that time and i just hope he comes back from this injury in similar form. It seems a solid performance and loss against Chelsea has caused some of this to fade from memory, hopefully he starts against Everton and reminds a few why he was getting MOM's on here at the time. That's my lot I think on Berbatov for today.
I don't want a Berbatov argument either.
I don't have vendetta's against our own players.
I just want to see him 'look at home' more on the pitch...in a United shirt.

Everton are very up & down this seaeson (expect them to be very 'up' at OT though) ...it's about time we dished out a hiding to someone.
Hopefully the players are still furious after the injustice at Chelsea, but I suspect they aren't.

Unread 16-11-2009, 02:26 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
I don't want a Berbatov argument either.
I don't have vendetta's against our own players.
I just want to see him 'look at home' more on the pitch...in a United shirt.

Everton are very up & down this seaeson (expect them to be very 'up' at OT though) ...it's about time we dished out a hiding to someone.
Hopefully the players are still furious after the injustice at Chelsea, but I suspect they aren't.
Well as i say, before his injury I think that's exactly what he was looking. Fair enough if you disagree.
Closed Thread