Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 23-08-2009, 12:33 PM
Spiffy

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripDownMiseryLane
[html]That and the fact he's a shit manager. [/html]

Very sure of yourself Mr Snifter
You can't bully or frighten people into having confidence. Keane will never make it at the top level as a manager, he hasn't got the interpersonal skills irrespective of any tactical nouse he picks up along the way.

Unread 24-08-2009, 08:34 AM
Fountz

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
You need an explanation

He's a £#%&!er...
...unless you're a spoilt kid who refers to the "olden days" as the late 90's, who has no sense of history or perspective and is happy to exist in a state ignorance and blinkered naivety, then I can't fathom why United fans would call him a £#%&!er

Quote:
...and not a very good manager.
Made a decent fist of Wales and Blackburn and ( despite very wealthy owners wanting foist marquee signings on him ) has made some reasonable purchases at City.. we'll see.

Like I've said before, why we're all getting hot under the collar that he's at City amazes me.. they're merely another rung up the ladder on the way to a big one or even the biggest one.

Calmly point this out to City fans and you soon see it dawn on them.

More than happy for him to be in the running ( performances at City permitting ) when Fergie retires.

Unread 24-08-2009, 08:41 AM
Zorg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiffy
You can't bully or frighten people into having confidence. Keane will never make it at the top level as a manager, he hasn't got the interpersonal skills irrespective of any tactical nouse he picks up along the way.
Agreed. Managers need a stick and a carrot. Keane has a stick and a stick with a nail through it.

Unread 24-08-2009, 09:09 AM
magic_cantona

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiffy
Agree with this.

One of my top 5 players ever, but never a top class manager.Never will be, sadly.

Unread 24-08-2009, 09:46 AM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fountz
...unless you're a spoilt kid who refers to the "olden days" as the late 90's, who has no sense of history or perspective and is happy to exist in a state ignorance and blinkered naivety, then I can't fathom why United fans would call him a £#%&!er
Because he is, thought so before he joined city, really don't like the man, and he was one of my heroes when he was playing.

Quote:
Made a decent fist of Wales and Blackburn and ( despite very wealthy owners wanting foist marquee signings on him ) has made some reasonable purchases at City.. we'll see.

Like I've said before, why we're all getting hot under the collar that he's at City amazes me.. they're merely another rung up the ladder on the way to a big one or even the biggest one.

Calmly point this out to City fans and you soon see it dawn on them.

More than happy for him to be in the running ( performances at City permitting ) when Fergie retires.
His teams play dour as £#%&! football and even with all the money thrown at city he will do £#%&! all.

His behaviour with regards to transfers since city 'got rich' is £#%&!ing disgusting as well, he's an arrogant @#%&! who needs shooting down, and quick.

Don't want him anywhere near OT as a manager, never have.

Brucie would get the job every time over Hughes, to name but 1.

Unread 24-08-2009, 10:34 AM
The taste of...

Unread 24-08-2009, 10:40 AM
MUFC One Love

United's next manager will be Mourinho.

Unread 24-08-2009, 10:43 AM
TripDownMiseryLane

Default Way to early to be writing Keane off as a manager

Someone who learns the business from clough and Ferie will have a bit more of an insight into player management then your average Joe I think.

Unread 24-08-2009, 10:50 AM
Fountz

Quote:
His behaviour with regards to transfers since city 'got rich' is £#%&!ing disgusting as well, he's an arrogant @#%&! who needs shooting down, and quick.
..very sad, there goes boot into another one of our greats.

If only he'd retired in 95, perhaps become an actor, a pundit, a self-parody even.. damn you Hughes for actually wanting to make a career out of the game !

I could understand it dunk if you were one of the clueless attention seeking chirpse brigade, but I expected better from you.

Unread 24-08-2009, 10:52 AM
MUFC One Love

Quote:

If only he'd retired in 95, perhaps become an actor, a pundit, a self-parody even.. damn you Hughes for actually wanting to make a career out of the game !

I could understand it dunk if you were one of the clueless attention seeking chirpse brigade, but I expected better from you.
I don't think anyone has an problem with Hughes wanting to make a career out of management, what people have a problem with is the way he is behaving as the City manager. He is behaving like a @#%&! and is very arrogant with the money they have. It's quite funny 'cos he'll be lucky to finish the season as City manager, if he does he'll be gone next summer.

Unread 24-08-2009, 11:14 AM
magic_cantona

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUFC One Love
United's next manager will be Mourinho.
I think so.

He's the only one (and I keep saying this) that has Fergusons 'siege mentality' ingrained in him.Also a winner, like Ferie was before coming here.The only thing that worries me is his style of football.Wasn't so bad at Porto, a little dull at Chelsea and Inter are Inter

Unread 24-08-2009, 11:30 AM
Baron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Switching Off
Probably get shot down but I still think Moyes is the man to be given a go. He's intelligent, fiercely driven, and wants to prove himself at a higher level.

He's worked on a budget for years now and proven capable at unearthing talent on the cheap. Impossible to say how he'd do on a bigger budget but what he has done with what he's had has been impressive.

He's done as much as he ever can or will at Everton, bar a billionaire taking over. He's done more than you could expect on his resources.

The only problem I see is the Rooney issue, but both are professionals and im sure that can be cleared up if he ever comes.

Whoever comes in is gonna be living in Fergie's shadow, so if we can't get Frank O'Farrell, i'd rather we got somebody like Moyes who has the balls to work through that.
Without going into the symantics of how football clubs are run & wage bills etc, it's pretty obvious Wenger has utterly shit all over every other manager in regards to budgetry restrictions, playing style & trophies in this respect. He has spent as much as Spurs, Everton, Villa & City etc in the last decade & had unparrelled relative success.

He'll be at Arsenal til he wants to finish, and rightly so. He's where he belongs.

We'll get Mourinho when Fergie goes, nailed on, I can't even begin to think of anyone else capable of stepping into the shoes with their own personality & sheer bloody mindedness to take the pressure. He may well only stay for 3 or 4 seasons as well, but then anyone who takes over after him has an infinitely easier task than taking over from Fergie.

Unread 24-08-2009, 11:33 AM
dunk

Quote:

I have no issue with him being a manager. I don't like him as a person, but all power to him wanting to be a manager.

However, any manager that has behaved as he has in the last 2-3 months with regards to other teams players would receive the same contempt I am now reserving for him.

I had no issue with him when he was playing at other clubs either, I always wanted him to stay at United in '95 fwiw.

Since he moved into management I just can't take to him, every time he is interviewed, even doing a bit of punditry my dislike for him grew. It has nothing to do with him taking over at city, although his behaviour there has exacerbated my dislike for him.

Unread 24-08-2009, 11:38 AM
Fountz

Quote:
I have no issue with him being a manager. I don't like him as a person, but all power to him wanting to be a manager.

However, any manager that has behaved as he has in the last 2-3 months with regards to other teams players would receive the same contempt I am now reserving for him.

I had no issue with him when he was playing at other clubs either, I always wanted him to stay at United in '95 fwiw.

Since he moved into management I just can't take to him, every time he is interviewed, even doing a bit of punditry my dislike for him grew. It has nothing to do with him taking over at city, although his behaviour there has exacerbated my dislike for him.

we'll agree to differ, however with regards to the point I highlighted in bold..
"pots and kettles" springs to mind.

Unread 24-08-2009, 11:46 AM
magic_cantona

Quote:

Agree with this bit.

Since City have had the cash, his @#%&!ishness has grown 10 fold.Talking about players that are contracted and then using the 'I was asked about him, so I spoke' excuse is amazing.I'm staggered that City, and Hughes, haven't been pulled yet.

Unread 24-08-2009, 11:49 AM
dunk

Quote:
we'll agree to differ, however with regards to the point I highlighted in bold..
"pots and kettles" springs to mind.
I have never belittled other teams in press conferences or spoke at length about the signing of other teams players as if it is a done deal without ever making a bid.

I know what you are getting at, but Fergie and Hughes are incomparable in terms of behaviour when it comes to transfers. Fergie does his dodgy shit behind closed doors

Unread 24-08-2009, 12:17 PM
Mao's Favourite Starling

Quote:

Fountz, Sparky was my first hero however..

He has made it quite clear he has no love or even liking for us by his actions and statements!

Every time we played Blackburn, 'Sparky give us a wave' went up! Every time he opted to stay in the inbreds good books/pay rather than acknowledge the likes of you and me who worshipped him for so long

Compare that to Brucey at Brum or Wigan!

It is time to accept that Mr Hughes is out for himself alone! And good on him for that, but don't try and imply that he is anything other than a mercenary!
Closed Thread