United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 30-07-2008, 09:10 AM
MUFC One Love

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonin jablonsky
Fact is, we are only gonna make one signing this summer, Berbatov's already played in the PL, has a god goalscoring record and is desperate to sign for us. I don't see the problem, it isn't like there's an outstanding striker out there who's available as an alternative. koppas wants to "take a punt" on an unproven Russian ahead of him, just don't get it?
A few people will look a bit silly about Berbatov when he's top for us. I think he's made for United and will become a great player for us.

Unread 30-07-2008, 09:12 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUFC One Love
A few people will look a bit silly about Berbatov when he's top for us. I think he's made for United and will become a great player for us.
I dunno, he could be great, he will be good, score goals and give us a different option up front that we've needed for a coupla years.

Unread 30-07-2008, 09:13 AM
MUFC One Love

Quote:
I dunno, he could be great, he will be good, score goals and give us a different option up front that we've needed for a coupla years.
IMO he's exactly what we need. You're spot on regarding a different option, Tevez and Rooney are top class but sometimes I think we just need something different up there. I think signing Berbatov could really help Tevez and Rooney and their overall game.

Unread 30-07-2008, 09:13 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by koppas
I don't want any taking my Carlito's place in the team.
So you want us to by a palyer who isn't as good so he doesn't get in the team. makes sense.

Unread 30-07-2008, 09:14 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
IMO he's exactly what we need. You're spot on regarding a different option, Tevez and Rooney are top class but sometimes I think we just need something different up there. I think signing Berbatov could really help Tevez and Rooney and their overall game.
So do I though i'd also be happy with Huntelaar and delighted with Eto'o if I didn't think his knees were £#%&!ed.

Unread 30-07-2008, 09:18 AM
koppas

Quote:
So you want us to by a palyer who isn't as good so he doesn't get in the team. makes sense.
I was actually taking the piss.

Unread 30-07-2008, 09:18 AM
MUFC One Love

Quote:
So do I though i'd also be happy with Huntelaar and delighted with Eto'o if I didn't think his knees were £#%&!ed.
Huntelaar is a good option, my only gripe is he would coat £15m + and is 24, and has only played in a shit league and not really played in Europe. Isn't like he's 20. For the price I'd rather pay more for a proven player like Berbatov. As for Eto'o he's a great striker, but there isn't a lot of clubs in for him which is a bit weird, I think he's definitely got some injury problems. Looks to have lost some desire, too.

Unread 30-07-2008, 09:20 AM
Fuzzy Dunlop

Quote:
As for Eto'o he's a great striker, but there isn't a lot of clubs in for him which is a bit weird, I think he's definitely got some injury problems. Looks to have lost some desire, too.
Really? Suprised nobody has mentioned that before. What is your opinion on signing Berbatov?

Unread 30-07-2008, 09:23 AM
MUFC One Love

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy Dunlop
Really? Suprised nobody has mentioned that before. What is your opinion on signing Berbatov?

Unread 30-07-2008, 09:23 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Huntelaar is a good option, my only gripe is he would coat £15m + and is 24, and has only played in a shit league and not really played in Europe. Isn't like he's 20. For the price I'd rather pay more for a proven player like Berbatov. As for Eto'o he's a great striker, but there isn't a lot of clubs in for him which is a bit weird, I think he's definitely got some injury problems. Looks to have lost some desire, too.
I think I'd prefer Berbatov too now, he is proven in the PL and apparantly desperately wants to join us, if though we can't get him I would be happy with Huntelaar, though he would be a risk.

Unread 30-07-2008, 09:24 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
I was actually taking the piss.
So given we are only gonna sign one player, why would you prefer the Russian to Berbatov?

Unread 30-07-2008, 09:26 AM
MUFC One Love

Quote:
I think I'd prefer Berbatov too now, he is proven in the PL and apparantly desperately wants to join us, if though we can't get him I would be happy with Huntelaar, though he would be a risk.
I'm just waiting for Huntelaar to sign for another club, and Pure to tell us how he is great and would have been a top signing.

Unread 30-07-2008, 09:38 AM
Barracuda

Spurs are obviously trying to stage this to show how they're being bullied by big bad Manchester United - to keep face with their fans.

I'm sure in reality they'd be quite happy to allow him to leave, - Jol , Levy and Ramos have all hinted at that previously, - and I'm sure they'd find the money very useful in all this rebuilding they are doing.

Or of course they could wave goodbye to £20+M and keep a very moody and disgruntled player, one whose value will drop like a stone as he gets older and nearer the end of his contract ... no, I don't think so.

They're looking to sell no doubt, otherwise why have they quoted prices - one price for Euro teams and £10M more for UK teams, or more specifically us. They're just using hardball tactics to squeeze as much out of us as possible.

I'm confident it will happen sooner or later as it's essentially what both parties want (or need) - the fee will depend on which side are the most desperate on it going through.

Unread 30-07-2008, 09:40 AM
marlo stansfield

Quote:
-you inply its weird alot of clubs are not in for eto'o while we are the only club in for berbativ

-how "proven" is berbatov? scored as many as robbie keane in his time at the club

-how old was ruud when we bought him from psv?

Unread 30-07-2008, 09:42 AM
koppas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barracuda
Spurs are obviously trying to stage this to show how they're being bullied by big bad Manchester United - to keep face with their fans.

I'm sure in reality they'd be quite happy to allow him to leave, - Jol , Levy and Ramos have all hinted at that previously, - and I'm sure they'd find the money very useful in all this rebuilding they are doing.

Or of course they could wave goodbye to £20+M and keep a very moody and disgruntled player, one whose value will drop like a stone as he gets older and nearer the end of his contract ... no, I don't think so.

They're looking to sell no doubt, otherwise why have they quoted prices - one price for Euro teams and £10M more for UK teams, or more specifically us. They're just using hardball tactics to squeeze as much out of us as possible.

I'm confident it will happen sooner or later as it's essentially what both parties want (or need) - the fee will depend on which side are the most desperate on it going through.
Spot on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlo stansfield
-you inply its weird alot of clubs are not in for eto'o while we are the only club in for berbativ

-how "proven" is berbatov? scored as many as robbie keane in his time at the club

Spot on mate. Ruud didn't do too badly after playing in a "shit league".

Unread 30-07-2008, 09:44 AM
MUFC One Love

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlo stansfield

All good points, but I think they're different situations. Berbatov clearly wants to join United and we want him. I was also referring to Eto'o's injuries, regarding no clubs being interested. He's obviously carrying something/lost his desire or something, he's still one of the best strikers about when he wants to be.

Berbatov is proven done it coming from abroad, just as Robbie Keane is proven. Don't understand that one.

Yep, Ruud was great for us, but it' a gamble signing Huntelaar. Look at Kezman.

All I'm saying is at the moment I think Berbatov would be more ideal for United than Huntelaar.

One thing is clear, we desperately need a striker, we just have to hope we get one. There's only a month left, though, and the longer this Berbatov thing goes on, if we don't get him we won't have time to sign anyone else.

Unread 30-07-2008, 09:45 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:

True, he had a fantastic scoring record in Holland, like Huntelaar. are you jumping on the Hunter bangwagon now? He'd be a good signing in my opinion.

Unread 30-07-2008, 09:45 AM
MUFC One Love

Quote:

Yeah, Kezman scored more than Ruud didn't he? He was amazing at Chelsea. Ruud was obviously a talented striker, not sure if Huntelaar has as much in his locker, tbh. If anything he looks similar to Kezman's style.

Unread 30-07-2008, 09:46 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:

All I'm saying is at the moment I think Berbatov would be more ideal for United than Huntelaar.
What you are missingis that certain posters only want the specific striker they are pimping and anyone else is a shite overpriced waste of money.

Unread 30-07-2008, 09:47 AM
MUFC One Love

I'd just like to add I'd be happy with Huntelaar or any striker 'cos we're desperate, I'd just rather have Berbatov for the price we'd pay for Huntelaar.

I don't get this 'no clubs in for him other than us' stuff, I was refering to Eto'o's injuries/desire, and Marlo said Berbatov. What about Huntelaar? Why aren't clubs in for him? I thought Ajax had already bought his replacement.
Closed Thread