United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football

Unread 22-05-2024, 07:11 AM
Hyman_Roth

Quote:
Originally Posted by croady26 View Post
What's off topic exactly,come on you tell me. What exactly do you want me to say to prove I'm not the dullest £#%&!er on here

Unread 22-05-2024, 07:36 AM
Dr Stranger

I’ve criticised the praise that Klopp’s achievements have received overall, but it’s something of a myth that it took him a while to get settled. Their trajectory under him was always positive up to them peaking in around 19/20. In his first two full seasons, they had top four finishes and the following season they won the CL and then the league. You could point to clear progress in each season and they never went backwards.

He’s actually been far more up and down since they won the CL and the League, with that pathetic defence of their title (3rd), another 2nd place finish and then 5th and 3rd. Given his time there and money spent since they won the league, that’s a poor return IMO. At least for someone as lauded as Klopp.

As for Poch, he’s surely not been sacked based purely on results, as they’re one of the form teams of 2024.

Unread 22-05-2024, 08:06 AM
Zorg

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlo View Post
good question.
first season he finished 8th while getting to 2 finals.
That’s not a disaster.

The next season they qualified for champions league football and signed some good players.

So that’s improvement from his first season!

If his 2nd season consisted of Liverpool finishing lower the his first season while recording their lowest points tally, least wins, most losses ever in the league , a negative goal difference, amongst other embarrassing lows then he would have been sacked
fewest

Unread 22-05-2024, 09:07 AM
Denis Irwell

Well, don’t they always deify their managers? Same with Dalglish who finished 6th, 6th and 8th before giving up and blaming it on Hillsboro. Then he had another go, finishing 7th, 6th and 7th before getting sacked. Legendary manager, though and boyhood United fan.

Weird bunch

Klopp did pretty well, tbf but

Unread 23-05-2024, 01:57 PM
Buck

Saw some things about the reactions of Chelsea players in public. Usually when a manager gets sacked you get these days social media posts thanking him but it tends to be pretty formal. Some of their players this time put up stuff which is as close to openly being upset at the decision as you can get without outright questioning it. I think the timing is really weird as they were 10th for practically 90% of the season and stuck by him and then finally let him go when they go on a strong end with 5 wins out of 5.

Initially I thought Mourinho could be back as the only logic I could see was the owners believe the squad is good enough to challenge for the title if a tactician with a trophy laden history is at the helm. I have no doubt he'd take the job but he seems to in a managerial abyss at this stage of his career.

Unread 23-05-2024, 02:21 PM
Baron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buck View Post
Saw some things about the reactions of Chelsea players in public. Usually when a manager gets sacked you get these days social media posts thanking him but it tends to be pretty formal. Some of their players this time put up stuff which is as close to openly being upset at the decision as you can get without outright questioning it. I think the timing is really weird as they were 10th for practically 90% of the season and stuck by him and then finally let him go when they go on a strong end with 5 wins out of 5.

Initially I thought Mourinho could be back as the only logic I could see was the owners believe the squad is good enough to challenge for the title if a tactician with a trophy laden history is at the helm. I have no doubt he'd take the job but he seems to in a managerial abyss at this stage of his career.
Looks to be the opposite, they want the Leicester manager (ex-Pep assistant) & are sniffing around McKenna.

Unread 23-05-2024, 02:43 PM
Buck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron View Post
Looks to be the opposite, they want the Leicester manager (ex-Pep assistant) & are sniffing around McKenna.
Dyche is wasting his time being a respectable proven PL manager. Should just work for Pep as set piece coach and he'll have half of Europe finally calling in a year.

Unread 23-05-2024, 02:48 PM
Baron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buck View Post
Dyche is wasting his time being a respectable proven PL manager. Should just work for Pep as set piece coach and he'll have half of Europe finally calling in a year.
tbf when you see Kompany & Maresca step in & get promoted from the jump after learning under Pep, and Arteta bringing up the charge in the PL in his first job - it's a better indicator of potential success than the gravel voiced ginger tracky-@#%&! and his brand of up & at 'em ball.