United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 29-09-2007, 10:07 PM
magic_cantona

Quote:
Originally Posted by roon78
yeah he's shit

been shit since he was 17, no pace and didn't score the greatest fa cup goal of all time - weapons
Great points.

So, are you saying we should try to sign Pelé?

Unread 29-09-2007, 10:14 PM
Leroyloverod

Quote:
Originally Posted by magic_cantona
Great points.

So, are you saying we should try to sign Pelé?
Rooney was equally just as shit as Giggs, no comments on that though. Must be a lot of TV fans on here who see nothing of the contribution of Giggs & Scholes.

Unread 29-09-2007, 10:16 PM
Lou_Macari_Chippy

Quote:
Originally Posted by roon78
yeah he's shit

been shit since he was 17, no pace and didn't score the greatest fa cup goal of all time - weapons
He was shite today, thats all.

Unread 29-09-2007, 10:20 PM
magic_cantona

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leroyloverod
Rooney was equally just as shit as Giggs, no comments on that though. Must be a lot of TV fans on here who see nothing of the contribution of Giggs & Scholes.
Matey, I've not seen the game and I'm not commentating on anyone's performance until I've seen it.

The 'Giggs has been a legend for United and scored agreat goal in '99 so he should start every game' argument does seem a bit too daft to be taken seriously though.

Now I've heard your point about Rooney though, I feel I can say 'GIGGS AND ROONEY OUT!' without feeling I'm being a knee jerk £#%&!bag!

Unread 29-09-2007, 10:25 PM
Leroyloverod

Quote:
Originally Posted by magic_cantona
Matey, I've not seen the game and I'm not commentating on anyone's performance until I've seen it.

The 'Giggs has been a legend for United and scored agreat goal in '99 so he should start every game' argument does seem a bit too daft to be taken seriously though.

Now I've heard your point about Rooney though, I feel I can say 'GIGGS AND ROONEY OUT!' without feeling I'm being a knee jerk £#%&!bag!
Some non-blinkered views at last.

Unread 30-09-2007, 01:48 AM
schnitzel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coracao
How can you even deny Giggs has been utter toss this season? Have you watched any of the games?
Eric Cantona (fabulous player of which I am proud to of watched) never did "it" in every game, but I never lost faith.

Ryan Giggs is a fantastic player, I will be the first to admit today and this season (outside of the left foot pass to tevez against chelsea aside) he has not played well.

Do you think Tevez has? Or Carrick?

Respect your opinion as that is all it is.

Thank God teams arent picked by it.

Unread 30-09-2007, 02:05 AM
Stretters

Quote:
Originally Posted by schnitzel
Eric Cantona (fabulous player of which I am proud to of watched) never did "it" in every game, but I never lost faith.

Ryan Giggs is a fantastic player, I will be the first to admit today and this season (outside of the left foot pass to tevez against chelsea aside) he has not played well.

Do you think Tevez has? Or Carrick?

Respect your opinion as that is all it is.

Thank God teams arent picked by it.
Like aresholes everyones got one

Unread 30-09-2007, 09:19 AM
the lawman

i love giggs,

but he was woeful yesterday.

nft.

Unread 30-09-2007, 09:57 AM
Whip Hubley

Quote:
Some non-blinkered views at last.
jesus christ are you 12? your whole argument is based around :

a)omgomg have you £#%&!ing BEEN to any games lalallaala not listening

and

b) the guy's a LEGEND, he's not shit

now, read the following very carefully

judging on giggs' woefully ineadequate performances THIS season (and indeedly do the latter part of last season), he should be left out in favour of someone who at least works harder in the system fergie wants to play. now, blame fergie for the system, blame giggs, but the fact is he's just not playing well. i do go to games, i do watch all 90 minutes, and i am fully aware that there have been several underachievers this season (carrick, brown to name but 2)

but this is about whether giggs should go down on the name sheet on the basis other than the fact he's the captain at the moment. the answer is no. he doesn't even appear to be a particularly effective captain.

now, get your head out of the welsh sand, actually concentrate on what he's doing instead of using bigoted old arguments, and grow up

Unread 30-09-2007, 10:19 AM
thrills_pills_bellyaches

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigMikeA

"i'm a little teapot short and stout, here's my handle here's my spout tra la la la"
CLASSIC GIGGS

Unread 30-09-2007, 10:20 AM
Bunker Buster

[SIZE="5"]"Giggs Ya Fanny...................."

Unread 30-09-2007, 11:47 AM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb
Thought Wes Brown had another excellent game btw
He was superb. Again. It's a real bonus because I felt in terms of personnel he was the only real weak link in the side at the start of the season, because he was playing out of position and struggled badly for the first handful of games. Since Everton he's been superb in all aspects of his play.

re Giggs, I think he's been poor this season but Fergie clearly doesn't agree. He's got Nani there, who has contributed at times this season, but he persists with Giggs, so he must feel he's bringing something to the table.

I think Scholes may have been worse yesterday. He's my favourite United player and is still a first name on the teamsheet as far as I'm concerned, but his form is a little concerning, too.

It's hard not to be a little more worried about these guys when they're almost 33/34.

Unread 30-09-2007, 12:04 PM
Whip Hubley

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
He was superb. Again. It's a real bonus because I felt in terms of personnel he was the only real weak link in the side at the start of the season, because he was playing out of position and struggled badly for the first handful of games. Since Everton he's been superb in all aspects of his play.

re Giggs, I think he's been poor this season but Fergie clearly doesn't agree. He's got Nani there, who has contributed at times this season, but he persists with Giggs, so he must feel he's bringing something to the table.

I think Scholes may have been worse yesterday. He's my favourite United player and is still a first name on the teamsheet as far as I'm concerned, but his form is a little concerning, too.

It's hard not to be a little more worried about these guys when they're almost 33/34.
i think wesleys done well this season - considering he's more of a centre back - but i do think his passing and decision making leaves a lot to be desired for a full back. his tackling and timing is spot on, it always has been, but he does give the ball away a helluva lot.

i can't see neville getting his old form back too quickly so at least he's got more time to try and perfect the position.

Unread 30-09-2007, 12:09 PM
Bunker Buster

Wes brown has been Very very good this season..........

Really starting to look like the player we all thought he could have been...

A long run in the side should see him cement his place at RB.

But when Gary is fit again (2 weeks) Will fergie drop Wes....?

His decision making has improved and his tackling is always good..

Now if he could just cross a ball.

Unread 30-09-2007, 12:12 PM
Fuzzy Dunlop

Oh he's a legend and will keep playing until he's 53. £#%&! off. He's spent, absolutely £#%&!ing shit yesterday because he's just too old.
He still has a brilliant sense of position and where to run but he literally cannot kick a football straight.
People have off days but yesterday was probably his worst performance of his career.
The same happened to Keane etc. it's not a personal insult it's just age catching up.

Unread 30-09-2007, 12:13 PM
Whip Hubley

wrong thread

Unread 30-09-2007, 12:25 PM
legendary saf

Fergie 'certain' of Giggs stay
by Chris Stanton, 30 September 2007

Sir Alex Ferguson has promised Ryan Giggs a new contract and the opportunity to surpass Sir Bobby Charlton’s all-time appearance record for the club.

Giggs has opened talks to extend his Old Trafford deal which expires next summer and Ferguson is certain that the 33-year-old will remain a United player for at least another year.

Giggs, who made his United debut in 1991, is 35 appearances short of Charlton’s 759-game record and Ferguson believes there will be plenty of time for the Welshman to write himself into the record books.

“He will not play every game for us this season but he will be here next season, that is for certain,” said Ferguson.

“He could even catch Bobby before the end of May.

“We have plenty of Premier League games left and, hopefully, another 10 European ties. There is also the FA Cup so it is possible.”

http://sport.setanta.com/en/Sport/Ne...-Giggs-future/

Unread 30-09-2007, 01:00 PM
Ed Sullivan

Thumbs up

great news

Unread 30-09-2007, 01:02 PM
Coracao

Quote:
Thought so.
I didn't respond as I'd gone out. Some of us have a social life.

And yes, I don't go to the games

In fact, I have a season ticket in the Stretford end.

I question whether you watch any games if you think Giggs has been anything other than shite this season.

Unread 30-09-2007, 01:20 PM
Whip Hubley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coracao
I didn't respond as I'd gone out. Some of us have a social life.

And yes, I don't go to the games

In fact, I have a season ticket in the Stretford end.

I question whether you watch any games if you think Giggs has been anything other than shite this season.
wheresaboutsa coracao? do you look like your profile pic?? a/s/l?
Closed Thread