United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 29-04-2016, 06:09 PM
djsst

Barney Ronay stirring the pot

Quote:
Instead we have a bizarre world of fudge and compromise. Sakho tested positive for a banned substance, apparently a weight loss drug, after the Europa League last-16 second leg against Manchester United. He played 90 minutes that night, making 18 drug‑assisted clearances and tackles, and playing a key drug-assisted role in a landmark result for his club.

He has played six more club games since, including scoring a vital late drug-assisted equaliser against Borussia Dortmund. At the end of which Liverpool – who have acted commendably throughout all this – still have a decent chance of drug‑assisted silverware, and beyond that a drug‑assisted place in next season’s Champions League.
http://www.theguardian.com/football/...-mamadou-sakho

Unread 29-04-2016, 06:46 PM
ScholesGingerSheen

Didn't Celtic get back in the Champions League a couple of years ago because their opponents (who had absolutely @#%&!ted them) had fielded a bloke who had an outstanding red card from his previous club. even though he'd only played about 5 minutes at the arse end of the second leg?

Administrative errors are a miles bigger threat to the sport than PED's though obviously,

Unread 29-04-2016, 06:47 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by forzagarza
500 soldiers get thrown out of the army every year for failing drugs tests. Give football players soldiers drugs
13 years not one failed test

Easy to beat a drugs test

Unread 29-04-2016, 07:27 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster

Just the dumb ones then.

Unread 29-04-2016, 08:48 PM
Grimson

Thumbs up

Quote:

Well you've done better than British cycling.

Unread 30-04-2016, 08:14 AM
redhegemony

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimson
Well you've done better than British cycling.
Good to have some US input into the problems of drugs in cycling

Unread 30-04-2016, 08:49 AM
forzagarza

Quote:

Maybe, just maybe I will tell the qUEEN anyway and see what she has to say about it

Unread 30-04-2016, 04:01 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by redhegemony
Good to have some US input into the problems of drugs in cycling
Well, that was a rather obvious retort Grimmers

Unread 30-04-2016, 08:33 PM
Grimson

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
Well, that was a rather obvious retort Grimmers
Don't care, I was fishing for Sparky.

Going to be great following him around with 'Don't forget British cycling' every time he starts with the Fuentes/blood bags stuff.

Unread 30-04-2016, 08:44 PM
taff

thought sakho looked decent against us in the league game at anfield this season. imagine my astonishment on discovering that he was actually plumbed out of his bonce on high-risk low-reward drugs.

now i'm wondering if i'll ever learn to trust again.

Unread 30-04-2016, 08:44 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Don't care, I was fishing for Sparky.

Going to be great following him around with 'Don't forget British cycling' every time he starts with the Fuentes/blood bags stuff.
You don't want to go with Cycling there, buddy boy.

Unread 30-04-2016, 08:56 PM
Grimson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
Yeah but I don't care about cycling. I don't go around assuming various Johnny Foreigner football teams (and Leicester!) and other athletes are on drugs. YOU DO.

Unread 30-04-2016, 09:04 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Yeah but I don't care about cycling. I don't go around assuming various Johnny Foreigner football teams (and Leicester!) and other athletes are on drugs. YOU DO.
Ok, you win.

Unread 30-04-2016, 09:05 PM
Tiberian

Quote:

Old hat that, mechanical doping is the new craze, all sorts of odd looking performances being looked at by conspiracy theorists. For example look at where the winner comes from in this Sprint finish

Unread 30-04-2016, 09:24 PM
Grimson

Quote:
Ok, you win.
Well that was anticlimactic.

Unread 30-04-2016, 09:53 PM
Albert Tatlock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberian
Old hat that, mechanical doping is the new craze, all sorts of odd looking performances being looked at by conspiracy theorists. For example look at where the winner comes from in this Sprint finish

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sX1AZuHmxPc
Belgian girl, I say girl, 19 years old, banned for 6 years for having a hidden motor in her cycle cross bike

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...-problems.html

Unread 30-04-2016, 10:14 PM
Tiberian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albert Tatlock
Belgian girl, I say girl, 19 years old, banned for 6 years for having a hidden motor in her cycle cross bike

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...-problems.html
Yes, it has created a ripple through the whole sport. Rumours for years about these type of devices. One of the most famous cyclists in the world, Fabien Cancellara was focused on after 2010 when he had some startling performances.

Already been used at amateur level races, Odd sport cycling, even at the lower levels, attracts an odd crowd, normally with a decent amount of disposable money to spend on high quality equipment and the latest fads, including PEDS.

Unread 30-04-2016, 10:35 PM
Albert Tatlock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberian
Yes, it has created a ripple through the whole sport. Rumours for years about these type of devices. One of the most famous cyclists in the world, Fabien Cancellara was focused on after 2010 when he had some startling performances.

Already been used at amateur level races, Odd sport cycling, even at the lower levels, attracts an odd crowd, normally with a decent amount of disposable money to spend on high quality equipment and the latest fads, including PEDS.
I live on a hill, it's a triple hill. A very steep incline for say 100 metres, then a very sharp left for 50 and another very steep incline for another 70 metres til you pass my house where it gets a bit easier. The local cycle clubs use it as a training hill. Each morning in the spring and summer I see "normal" people flying up the hill on their cycles. I used to wonder how the £#%&! they do that... then of course I realise that you can now buy these bikes with a motor in the frame for less than a 1,000 euros at Decathalon...

As I'm approaching 60 I might just get one in a few years

Unread 11-05-2016, 05:23 PM
Fat Al

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/36265268

Dundee fined £30,000 & docked 3 points for fielding an ineligible player (as a sub) and having another ineligible player on the bench.

Yet the team whose player scored a vital goal whilst using a banned substance to enhance his performance receive no punishment at all?

And we all know how it would have gone down if one of our players scored against the vermin and was later found to be doping.

Unread 28-05-2016, 03:46 PM
Switching Off

No further ban. He's free to play from tomorrow.
Closed Thread