United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
View Poll Results: Mourinho to replace van Gaal?
Yes, do it tonight 32 29.09%
Yes, at the end of the season 18 16.36%
NO 60 54.55%
Voters: 110. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Unread 17-12-2015, 05:02 PM
That Boy Ronaldo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
Lots of suggestion that one or two high up aren't fans. Recent developments would hardly help that.

If the job opens up in May I can't imagine them preferring Mourinho to Pep, surely?
Sir Bobby mainly, can't imagine he's overly thrilled with current football but who knows. Fergie backed him just last week don't forget and he's very much not a fan of the current boss.

Don't think it's a IF anymore. Ancelotti, Guardiola, Mourinho all available.

Unread 17-12-2015, 05:03 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by That Boy Ronaldo!
Sir Bobby mainly, can't imagine he's overly thrilled with current football but who knows. Fergie backed him just last week don't forget and he's very much not a fan of the current boss.

Don't think it's a IF anymore. Ancelotti, Guardiola, Mourinho all available.
Football changes very quickly. There's plenty of time for the vibe around the place to change. Ask Jose

Unread 17-12-2015, 05:06 PM
That Boy Ronaldo!

Quote:
Football changes very quickly. There's plenty of time for the vibe around the place to change. Ask Jose
Very true.

But those managers won't be available the summer after if he gets a third year, United can't make the same mistake they did with Moyes.

Unread 17-12-2015, 05:06 PM
Vedder

Would take the Mourinho when he was at Chelsea first. Entertaining football and were £#%&!ing outstanding for a few seasons.

Not sure about Mourinho now though. The football had been awful to watch..

Unread 17-12-2015, 05:08 PM
That Boy Ronaldo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vedder
Would take the Mourinho when he was at Chelsea first. Entertaining football and were £#%&!ing outstanding for a few seasons.

Not sure about Mourinho now though. The football had been awful to watch..
Thought they played some good stuff last year. Mainly down to Hazard.

They've been a mess this year, started in the summer.

Unread 17-12-2015, 05:10 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Original

Interesting summer saffers. Mou, Guardiola, Ancelotti, Rodgers all available.
Oh, please

S/Side.Red

Quote:
Very true.

But those managers won't be available the summer after if he gets a third year, United can't make the same mistake they did with Moyes.
Bayern will probably tie Ancelotti up before the end of the season. And I expect Mou to try and get back in at Madrid.

I know you and many others detest what Van Gaal is doing, but Pep absolutely will not. He'll see every day as another brick being put in place for something he can build on if he takes over. It would not surprise me if he was happy to let LvG do another year, especially if it meant overseeing a couple of important departures from the team. Plus Pep works so intensely; another break may appeal.

Vedder

Quote:
Thought they played some good stuff last year. Mainly down to Hazard.

They've been a mess this year, started in the summer.
Yeah they did for the first 4/5 months. That team though with Robben/Duff on wings, makelele, drogba etc were £#%&!ing brilliant.

Unread 17-12-2015, 05:11 PM
dunk

I wouldn't be shocked if Pep took another year off and spent it studying the art of building a defence

Unread 17-12-2015, 05:12 PM
That Boy Ronaldo!

Quote:
Bayern will probably tie Ancelotti up before the end of the season. And I expect Mou to try and get back in at Madrid.

I know you and many others detest what Van Gaal is doing, but Pep absolutely will not. He'll see every day as another brick being put in place for something he can build on if he takes over. It would not surprise me if he was happy to let LvG do another year, especially if it meant overseeing a couple of important departures from the team. Plus Pep works so intensely; another break may appeal.
I personally think Ancelotti is the one but like you said, he's off to Bayern, shame because for me he's the perfect fit.

Agreed on Madrid, think they'll go for the flavour of the Euros as they always do.

Unread 17-12-2015, 05:16 PM
barca99

Im all for Mourinho at United but those saying he was desperate to join and still is desperate to join need stop kidding themselves.

No idea what's so ever what they are basing it on and neither do they

Unread 17-12-2015, 05:16 PM
dunk

Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong, but hasn't Ancellotti worked almost exclusively with sides that are the finished article, players at their peak and beyond? And then he's more of a cup manager than a league title winner. If have had him in immediately after Fergie but I wouldn't want him taking on the next stage of building and knitting a new, young team together.

Unread 17-12-2015, 05:22 PM
barca99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
Apart from after the Madrid game where he practically begged for the job *********** united on his knees "the best team lost"
If him publically saying he wants the job is 100 that's a 2

Unread 17-12-2015, 05:32 PM
jem

Quote:

do you think pep will ever want to achieve anything on his own rather than taking over a series of cl winners?

(some would say that's our only hope of getting him. )

Unread 17-12-2015, 05:36 PM
dragflick

Quote:
Originally Posted by barca99
Im all for Mourinho at United but those saying he was desperate to join and still is desperate to join need stop kidding themselves.

Was obvious he wanted it and always has done.

Unread 17-12-2015, 05:37 PM
ScholesScoresGoals2

One thing for certain is if United don't perform on Saturday the knives will well and truly be out for LVG with Mourinho and Pep potentially being available.

Might leave early so I don't have to listen to the booooooooooo's

Unread 17-12-2015, 05:38 PM
MagnificentSeven

if people on here wet the bet about us being a bit dull under van gaal, what's it going to be like if mourinho is in charge?

for the record, i'd love it here. imagine the siege mentality and the bile from the rest of the country with him in charge

Unread 17-12-2015, 05:38 PM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragflick
indeed. what could be better for someone who likes to be bigger than the club that being bigger than the biggest club in the world?

Unread 17-12-2015, 05:44 PM
barca99

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragflick

Soon find out in his first presser... for City

Unread 17-12-2015, 05:45 PM
atticusgrinch

Quote:
Originally Posted by barca99

You think he'd rather go back to Chelsea and work for that owner again rather than take over from Ferguson?

Closed Thread