United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football

Unread 11-05-2024, 07:07 PM
Baron

If Hudson-Odoi hadn’t snapped his Achilles & lost his pace he’d be a top player. Still capable of that quality, class goal.

Unread 11-05-2024, 07:07 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by suedeshoes

Because he's a red and he'd get to live in Manchester again rather than London. Chelsea are as big a shambles as United anyway.
Putting aside what i said and looking purely at the facts....he's just signed a 6 year contract at Chelsea. How much do you realistically think they'll want for him? It'll be ridiculous. Well north of 100 million. That's well beyond us. We're not exactly going to be flush with money considering we won't even qualify for Europe.

Put simply, there's about as much chance of him signing for United as there is of me finding lord lucan riding shergar down the local high street.

Unread 11-05-2024, 07:09 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by suedeshoes View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky*** View Post
Why on earth would he leave a clubs he's just joined and looking like their best player?]

Because he's a red and he'd get to live in Manchester again rather than London. Chelsea are as big a shambles as United anyway.
Holds very little weight these days, know kids playing for two academies a week.....they will have him tied down on a contract..

You take your chances and run with them, worlds a big place, does Bellingham misses the Bull ring shopping centre?

Unread 11-05-2024, 07:14 PM
Baron

Another fine goal, shit as Sterling usually is. Good game this.

That was quick - 3-2 Chelsea, class from Reece James

Unread 11-05-2024, 07:35 PM
Dr Stranger

Down to 8th.

Could still end up 9th. Didn’t even know that was possible. Go us.

Unread 11-05-2024, 07:40 PM
armchair

Jackson's 17th goal of the season, 14 in Premier League with 5 assists too. Because he tries. Worse finisher than Rashford but never gives up.

Unread 11-05-2024, 07:47 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by armchair
Jackson's 17th goal of the season, 14 in Premier League with 5 assists too. Because he tries. Worse finisher than Rashford but never gives up.
chelsea also create a lot of chances which help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger
Down to 8th.

we won't end up 9th. West Ham have City last game of the season.

Unread 11-05-2024, 07:57 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
chelsea also create a lot of chances which help.

we won't end up 9th. West Ham have City last game of the season.
Oh thank God!

Unread 11-05-2024, 08:15 PM
marlo

Quote:
Originally Posted by armchair View Post
yep a very impressive first campaign for him.
And despite their being no evidence to back it up the Eth gang will claim Hojlund is worlds apart!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger View Post
Down to 8th.

yep Chelsea who are the worst they’ve been in more that a decade have scored more than us and should finish 6 points clear of us!

When i said we were in big trouble this season, most laughed at me.
Some of you just don’t watch enough football. This season was always gonna be like this and I’d say we should be about 12/13th.
I did predict we’d be between 6-8th and below all the top 6.

but yeah after all this it’s a DOF that Will miraculously turn eth into a decent coach!

Unread 11-05-2024, 09:00 PM
Neo

Thumbs down

7 wins in a row in the League for City since their 0-0 with Arsenal, and they've scored 28 goals in those 7 games.

Would be nice if an opposition team actually turned up and didn't just bend over for the @#%&!s.

Unread 11-05-2024, 09:19 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo
7 wins in a row in the League for City since their 0-0 with Arsenal, and they've scored 28 goals in those 7 games.

Would be nice if an opposition team actually turned up and didn't just bend over for the @#%&!s.
Since Christmas they’ve played 20 league games, won 16 drawn 4.

They’ve done what they usually do, manage their superior squad during the hectic times of the season, rotate players and get them all running at peak performance for April/May. Other teams they’re playing now are all running on fumes or like Fulham and Brighton mentally on the beach.

Unread 11-05-2024, 11:18 PM
Denis Irwell

Quote:
Since Christmas they’ve played 20 league games, won 16 drawn 4.

They’ve done what they usually do, manage their superior squad during the hectic times of the season, rotate players and get them all running at peak performance for April/May. Other teams they’re playing now are all running on fumes or like Fulham and Brighton mentally on the beach.
Brighton could finish above us if they have the motivation. They’ll beat us at theirs

Unread 12-05-2024, 05:26 AM
shenwen

When Marlo a while back said we'd finish behind Chelsea, I said it was a ridiculous statement. They were that far behind. Shows just how bad we have been. Never forget

Unread 12-05-2024, 10:52 AM
marlo

Quote:
Originally Posted by shenwen View Post
When Marlo a while back said we'd finish behind Chelsea, I said it was a ridiculous statement. They were that far behind. Shows just how bad we have been. Never forget
I said at the beginning of the season we are in big trouble.

because I’ve seen how shit we are.

our best attacking player is rashford ffs.
our midfield maestro Bruno fernandes , our striker is 21 year old who scored 9 goals in Italy and to complete the front 3 is the worst. Brazilian winger I’ve ever seen
We added a pointless Mason Mount to think and a calamitous keeper in the summer
How did anyone expect that team to be any good?

I’ve just checked and Arsenal at 2/5 to win today at OT. They wouldn’t even be there facing a mid table team away from home!

But yeah we need standards at the this except for the manager who is of the lowest standard!

Unread 12-05-2024, 12:44 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by suedeshoes View Post
Chelsea are as big a shambles as United anyway.
They really £#%&!ing aren't mate.

Unread 12-05-2024, 01:07 PM
Offerington

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron View Post
If Hudson-Odoi hadn’t snapped his Achilles & lost his pace he’d be a top player. Still capable of that quality, class goal.
Hugely talented. Nearly joined Bayern didn't he.

Unread 12-05-2024, 06:39 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
They really £#%&!ing aren't mate.
They've had a streak of good form recently, well so have we under EtH. As we are seeing now, that in itself proves little.

Chelsea are still an appallingly run club, and unlike us there is no immediate hope of improvement there on the horizon.