United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 27-10-2022, 10:04 PM
atticusgrinch

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Buy a proper RB if AWB goes. Dalot is a place holder at best.

Nacho looks great. Old school. Could be a proper player.

Unread 27-10-2022, 10:09 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by atticusgrinch

Ouch

Unread 27-10-2022, 10:17 PM
NedKelly

Great debut. Should start next game imo.

Unread 27-10-2022, 10:20 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by NedKelly
Great debut. Should start next game imo.
Trust in Erik, another strong £#%&!ing decision he got right ...

?

He's had him on the bench since the opening day....nurtured him, denied him reserve football, hammered his ideas in traning to him, he's started him tonight and is probably over the moon..

A solid, disciplined display.....

Robbie savage fuming ..

Gurning 19 year olds up front for United after coming straight out of wharehouse project.
IN.

Unread 27-10-2022, 10:25 PM
NedKelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
Trust in Erik, another strong £#%&!ing decision he got right ...

?

He's had him on the bench since the opening day....nurtured him, denied him reserve football, hammered his ideas in traning to him, he's started him tonight and is probably over the moon..

A solid, disciplined display.....

Robbie savage fuming ..

Gurning 19 year olds up front for United after coming straight out of wharehouse project.
IN.
I didn’t have Savage on my stream - what was he saying?

Genuinely thought he was a pleasure to watch tonight - would drop Sancho for a game or two in the prem now as his confidence looks shot; if Erik can work his magic on him behind the scenes then we’ve got some strong options across the forward line.

Gurning was definitely a concern but I reckon Erik will have a word.

Unread 28-10-2022, 07:30 AM
puressence

interesting post match erik comments about how he wasnt happy with him early on in season , but has knuckled down and deserved tonight . Isnt it great having a proper £#%&!ing no nonsense manager whos genuine and all about the team .

Unread 28-10-2022, 08:10 AM
Selhurst Samurai

Bet he's buzzing today. They were terrified of him.

I thought him and Malacia dovetailed nicely.

Unread 28-10-2022, 08:14 AM
Dr Stranger

Made himself an option. Giving the manager a problem. Competition for places. Trebles for show doubles for dough.

Unread 28-10-2022, 08:34 AM
Denis Irwell

Quote:
Originally Posted by puressence
interesting post match erik comments about how he wasnt happy with him early on in season , but has knuckled down and deserved tonight . Isnt it great having a proper £#%&!ing no nonsense manager whos genuine and all about the team .
Probably an element of keeping his feet on the ground but looks like a matter of time before he gets a regular start.

Can see some decent ties coming up in this Europa. Can do without the 2x extra games.

Unread 28-10-2022, 09:25 AM
Dasilvatwins

I think he was one of the lads in preseason who turned up for training late or something and was demoted for one of the friendlies.

Good debut, looked much better when he started to switch it up and run both inside and outside the channel.

Unread 28-10-2022, 09:26 AM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Selhurst Samurai
Bet he's buzzing today. They were terrified of him.

I thought him and Malacia dovetailed nicely.
They did

Hopefully that’s the future of our left side sorted.

Unread 28-10-2022, 09:29 AM
Coracao

Malacia needs to improve going forwards, Shaw is a far bigger threat and we lose a lot on that side when Malacia comes in.

Unread 28-10-2022, 09:30 AM
Whip Hubley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coracao
Malacia needs to improve going forwards, Shaw is a far bigger threat and we lose a lot on that side when Malacia comes in.
Shaw is playing really well at the moment.

Problem is, he did this with telles - had a bit of competion for his place and magically improved. Then reverted to type.

Unread 28-10-2022, 09:33 AM
atticusgrinch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whip Hubley
Shaw is playing really well at the moment.

Problem is, he did this with telles - had a bit of competion for his place and magically improved. Then reverted to type.
At least this time we've got a talented youngster to step in when Shaw forgets he's a professional footballer at man united again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasilvatwins
I think he was one of the lads in preseason who turned up for training late or something and was demoted for one of the friendlies.

Good debut, looked much better when he started to switch it up and run both inside and outside the channel.
He's supposed to be a good finisher as well. Maybe one of the youth experts can confirm?

Unread 28-10-2022, 09:33 AM
Dasilvatwins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coracao
It’s his first start in 2-3 weeks ( I think) garnacho also insisted on cutting in each time. He will get there, he looks a tidy player. Would like to see him play in the league cup more and FA cup when it comes around. Think he needs mins to a different style of football .

Europa sometimes is attack vs defend against 11 opposition. Does nothing for a players development .

Unread 28-10-2022, 09:39 AM
Coracao

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasilvatwins
It’s his first start in 2-3 weeks ( I think) garnacho also insisted on cutting in each time. He will get there, he looks a tidy player. Would like to see him play in the league cup more and FA cup when it comes around. Think he needs mins to a different style of football .

Europa sometimes is attack vs defend against 11 opposition. Does nothing for a players development .
It is a general observation of his games thus far. Hopefully he will get better. A lot of it is timing of his runs or making the right run to begin with.

Unread 28-10-2022, 09:43 AM
Baron

https://youtu.be/DE-qpA5ZcRM?t=103

2min of his performance, but I've skipped it to the touch that took the piss

Unread 28-10-2022, 11:14 AM
Sparky***

Looks a great talent. Also good that he'll be working with proper coaches as well who can develop his game.

There were a few occasions yesterday where there was a defence splitting pass on for him but he didn't see it, hope he can add that to his game.

It's one thing watching him flex against a team who, lets be honest, showed no ambition at all and turned up with the sole aim of not being thrashed, but i wouldn't be in a rush to throw him into premier league football just yet.

Unread 28-10-2022, 11:27 AM
windy waffles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
Looks a great talent. Also good that he'll be working with proper coaches as well who can develop his game.

There were a few occasions yesterday where there was a defence splitting pass on for him but he didn't see it, hope he can add that to his game.

It's one thing watching him flex against a team who, lets be honest, showed no ambition at all and turned up with the sole aim of not being thrashed, but i wouldn't be in a rush to throw him into premier league football just yet.

Unread 28-10-2022, 11:29 AM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by atticusgrinch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
Ouch

He really isn’t very good at anything. We’ll improve no end when we get a proper RB.
Closed Thread