United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 20-04-2015, 08:57 AM
TheFatGoth

One of my absolute favourite ever moments as a United fan. The relief was impalpable. Went on a two day bender to celebrate.

Never ever wanted that useless hack - despised him - the single WORST managerial appointment of all time.The pro Moyes (chosen one/he needs time/play like Fergies boys) brigade are the biggest ever embarrassment to United's support, he should have been hounded out from the start.

Unread 20-04-2015, 10:07 AM
Mr_Ed

and to think I was pro Moyes until January. Shudder.

A year and a week later we're away to Everton too - how times change.

Unread 21-04-2015, 01:09 AM
Swagger

I will never forget the feeling of relief when Everton scored their second. I knew we wouldn't come back from that. (with a whole half to play)

The combination of his sacking and Liverpools capitulation

Unread 21-04-2015, 02:24 AM
S/Side.Red

Lost 1-0 at Elche earlier tonight.

Quote:
"We made a mistake that cost us the match. But we have not created chances so we can have no complaints about the result.

Elche deserved to win."

Unread 21-04-2015, 02:33 AM
moyescaust

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
Lost 1-0 at Elche earlier tonight.

£#%&! me that pictured scared the life out me.

Genuinely got a shock.

Unread 21-04-2015, 06:37 AM
djsst

Quote:
The Scottish manager was sacked by the Red Devils a year ago this week. John Cross suggests it is time to reassess his tenure

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/footba...-david-5554377

Unread 21-04-2015, 07:07 AM
Red Al

Quote:
Originally Posted by djsst

£#%&!ing moyes loving press :shakehead:

When you spen 64 million on 2 players of course they are going to be half decent.also he should have had them playing well last season(or half a season in mata,s case)

We look a total different club one year later and just after a 0-1 loss most if not all fans know we are on the up

Unread 21-04-2015, 09:15 AM
dunk

If you reassess it, he was actually even worse than we originally thought.

Unread 21-04-2015, 12:53 PM
That Boy Ronaldo!

It was around this time rumours had started on RI and UWS about it. UWS broke it first on the forums.

Odgen preparing for the bomb to drop.

Was a good day.

Unread 21-04-2015, 12:56 PM
Big Norm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Al

£#%&!ing moyes loving press :shakehead:

When you spen 64 million on 2 players of course they are going to be half decent.also he should have had them playing well last season(or half a season in mata,s case)

We look a total different club one year later and just after a 0-1 loss most if not all fans know we are on the up
What about all the Fergie signings he managed to make play like pub players?

Or the fact that these 2 signings played like shit under Moyes along with the rest of the squad.

Same papers earlier in the season when we had a couple of ropey results were going on about how Moyes was right that the squad wasn't good enough.

Now we've played better than the rest of the league for the best part of 2 months it's all because of Moyes' 2 signings. £#%&!ing dreadful journalism.

Unread 21-04-2015, 01:14 PM
utd99

The club had 12 years from Fergie's first retirement announcement to contemplate the right move after he was gone and we still £#%&!ed it up.

Got to give the club credit though, unlike Liverpool after Dalglish first time round, we didn't let the grass grow under our feet. Despite all the %@#$&!s about six year contracts and the way things are done at United, they realized what was going wrong and acted swiftly and decisively. It must have been difficult for Woodward behind the scenes because it was his first year in the job and undoubtedly Fergie and Charlton were preaching about time. He's an easy figure to malign, but I don't think he gets enough credit for this tbh.

That banner.:shakehead: Nice one Tufty you cretin.

Unread 21-04-2015, 01:33 PM
Doctor Hver

Quote:
Originally Posted by djsst
what are you confused about his tenture was even worse than it looked at his time of sacking.

Unread 21-04-2015, 01:48 PM
Alan

Thumbs up

What a day it was. Continually refreshing this place, newsnow and SSN. Saffers' thread

A bizarre mixture of relief and euphoria.

Unread 21-04-2015, 01:59 PM
The Watcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan
What a day it was. Continually refreshing this place, newsnow and SSN. Saffers' thread

A bizarre mixture of relief and euphoria.
OFFICIAL: Moyes sacked

Pop got the thread, but saffers did a lot of the heavy lifting in the build up, nqat.

Unread 21-04-2015, 02:14 PM
That Boy Ronaldo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Watcher

Pop got the thread, but saffers did a lot of the heavy lifting in the build up, nqat.
Quote:
You gunna stop taking shots at United pal, or do I have to £#%&! you up? You've had your fun, £#%&!ing do one.
http://www.utdforum.com/forum/showpo...8&postcount=74

Has he been back since?

Unread 21-04-2015, 02:21 PM
ZiggyStardust

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Watcher

Personally I preferred the other thread (not sure what it was called) where the rumours the previous day started to surface that he was to be sacked

The official announcement was great but nothing will match the giddy excitement when Utd started to leak the news that he was getting his P45

Didn't think the club or Woody had the %@#$&!s to do it. Fair play

Unread 21-04-2015, 02:22 PM
TheFatGoth

It was better than Moscow for me personally.

Unread 21-04-2015, 02:23 PM
Whip Hubley

What a thoroughly odd £#%&!ing season it was.

Absolute goons away to Leverkusen and, for 30 seconds, Munich

Capitulating to every @#%&! with a half decent striker.

9403 crosses in one match.

Near elation at the end of the season, despite the fact we were 7th and the liars won the league

Strange times, my friends. Strange times.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFatGoth

Let's not get silly.

Unread 21-04-2015, 02:25 PM
HolyMackrelDoodleBonkon

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFatGoth
Ok pal.

Unread 21-04-2015, 02:25 PM
That Boy Ronaldo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZiggyStardust
Personally I preferred the other thread (not sure what it was called) where the rumours the previous day started to surface that he was to be sacked

The official announcement was great but nothing will match the giddy excitement when Utd started to leak the news that he was getting his P45

Didn't think the club or Woody had the balls to do it. Fair play
Yep, all the Jelly and Ice Cream had gone by the time it was officially announced.

The day before was where the real action was. Woodward finally realised what he was dealing with that day, asking the press to shut up for another 12 hours FFS.
Closed Thread