Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 28-08-2020, 12:57 PM
Patty_b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
£#%&!ing Boksic

Christ i forgot about him.

I think the nadir was that 4-1 trouncing they gave us at their place though in 2005.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kW7txBEnUbg
The Keano one. I remember this one the best (worst?). Watched it in the pub with my dad and there was a bunch of Bolton fans celebrating like the Champions League was going to the Reebok every time Boro scored.

Awful game.

Unread 28-08-2020, 12:59 PM
andyroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
I think the nadir was that 4-1 trouncing they gave us at their place though in 2005.

The absolute state of our team line up. Richardson, Smith, Silvestre, Park. Urgh.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kW7txBEnUbg
My wedding day

Unread 28-08-2020, 01:01 PM
Coracao

Pretty sure Boksic was the highest paid player in England when at Boro. A year after we had won the treble Crazy wages for a guy, who whilst talented, was not prolific and always had injuries.

Unread 28-08-2020, 01:17 PM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coracao
Veron's time at Utd summed up in one clip Always wanted too long on the ball.
the stupidity of the average united's fan's appreciation of veron summed up in one comment.

Unread 28-08-2020, 01:22 PM
Coracao

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
the stupidity of the average united's fan's appreciation of veron summed up in one comment.
Liability.

Unread 28-08-2020, 01:31 PM
tatty

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
Bit harsh.

I don't think anybody would argue that he wasn't world class...he just didn't fit in to the team. I'm not even sure what Fergie was thinking tbh.

Unread 28-08-2020, 02:22 PM
bosskeano

tonali is a quality player but why would we want to add another holding mid when we already have 4 or 5

Unread 28-08-2020, 02:25 PM
Patty_b

Quote:
Originally Posted by bosskeano
tonali is a quality player but why would we want to add another holding mid when we already have 4 or 5
I have to know who you're counting as a holding midfielder in our squad to make the numbers up to 4 or 5.

I count one, and that's generous judging by how bad his legs have gone.

Unread 28-08-2020, 03:08 PM
jem

Quote:
matic, garner.... anyone.... anyone..... bueller?

Unread 28-08-2020, 03:08 PM
tatty

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
matic, garner.... anyone.... anyone..... bueller?
Ferris?

Unread 28-08-2020, 03:16 PM
windy waffles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jethro
He's going to Inter but £#%&! me he's be class
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScholesGingerSheen
Tonali's probably the best young holding midfielder in Europe, we should be all over either him or Luis at Benfica, he's the sort of player we're crying out for rather than letting Matic play 3 decent games then get tired and start giving away free kicks all over the shop.
Watch a lot of Bologna do you chaps?

Unread 28-08-2020, 03:22 PM
Jethro

Quote:
Originally Posted by windy waffles

Unread 28-08-2020, 03:25 PM
Baron

Quote:
Because whilst all of our current midfielders are traditional, fairly basic holding midfielders, this guy is a fancy pants Italian regista. That means deep-lying playmaker to you sunshine.

Unread 28-08-2020, 03:25 PM
bosskeano

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron
Because whilst all of our current midfielders are traditional, fairly basic holding midfielders, this guy is a fancy pants Italian regista. That means deep-lying playmaker to you sunshine.

we need a regista like you need a sense of humor.

Unread 28-08-2020, 03:30 PM
dunk

We have 4 or 5 holding midfielders?

Holding a spot in the squad maybe..

Unread 28-08-2020, 03:32 PM
Baron

Quote:
we need a regista like you need a sense of humor.

Unread 28-08-2020, 03:41 PM
bosskeano

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
We have 4 or 5 holding midfielders?

Holding a spot in the squad maybe..
well played sir...

sad assessment of where our current midfield stands outside of Bruno...basically a bunch of water carriers

Unread 28-08-2020, 03:42 PM
Coracao

Quote:
Probably enough to know he doesn't play for them.

Unread 28-08-2020, 03:45 PM
System Error

Quote:
Wouldn't be necessary to form an opinion on Tonali

Unread 28-08-2020, 03:53 PM
jem

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by tatty
Ferris?
yup. that's the one. where he's waiting for a reply that isn't coming. 4 or 5 holding midfielders? my arse.
Closed Thread