United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 22-04-2014, 01:13 PM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Duckworth
ddg/hart - gate was a disgrace.

neville is a club man who won't criticise united because his brother works there and he doesn't want to burn his bridges in case he fancies a job there, too.

not the united way, ffs - tell that to atkinson, sexton, o'farrell et al. the situation moyes walked into was markedly different to the one ferguson walked into; all moyes had to do was take the steering wheel at a club in cruise control and keep on cruising. instead, he crashed straight into the central reservation, after attempting a three point turn in the outside lane. fergie was rightly given time to turn the club around and moyes wasn't.
that's stretching it a bit

Unread 22-04-2014, 01:15 PM
Jack Duckworth

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
that's stretching it a bit
we won the league by 11 points. if that's not cruising, then i don't know what is.

plus i couldn't have used my 3 point turn in the fast lane/central reservation line if i'd not have said that, tbf.

Unread 22-04-2014, 02:27 PM
red in cumbria

Well looks like his bruv is being kept on for at least a few more months, so he can stop whingeing

Unread 22-04-2014, 03:05 PM
HotChip

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
Well looks like his bruv is being kept on for at least a few more months, so he can stop whingeing
And so he should,

Lets try and keep the collateral damage from Moyesageddon to a minimum.

Unread 24-04-2014, 11:35 AM
armchair

Gary Neville: 'Manchester United don't need a big-name boss to replace David Moyes'

‘The reality of it is that it doesn’t really matter who the manager is. What matters most to Manchester United fans is that they actually win football matches and get back to where they belong.
‘The suggestion that they need a big manager to attract players to the club, I find that a bit sad to be fair.
‘The idea that Manchester United Football Club need to have a sort-of figurehead to be able to attract players is a nonsense as far as I’m concerned.
‘Manchester United, as a football club, is big enough in its own right to be able to attract players - and they should be.
‘It seems to be pointing in that direction and I suppose at the start of next season, if they can spend the money that they have wisely and there’s a new big-name manager then times will be exciting again.’

He's gone mad.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/foo...#ixzz2znaIJJxV
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Unread 24-04-2014, 11:38 AM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by armchair
Gary Neville: 'Manchester United don't need a big-name boss to replace David Moyes'

‘The reality of it is that it doesn’t really matter who the manager is. What matters most to Manchester United fans is that they actually win football matches and get back to where they belong.
‘The suggestion that they need a big manager to attract players to the club, I find that a bit sad to be fair.
‘The idea that Manchester United Football Club need to have a sort-of figurehead to be able to attract players is a nonsense as far as I’m concerned.
‘Manchester United, as a football club, is big enough in its own right to be able to attract players - and they should be.
‘It seems to be pointing in that direction and I suppose at the start of next season, if they can spend the money that they have wisely and there’s a new big-name manager then times will be exciting again.’
He sounds almost disappointed at the prospect

Unread 24-04-2014, 11:39 AM
The Watcher

Pretty sure Neville spent his entire career working for a 'big name' boss

We could be here all day naming players who joined because of Fergie (Keane, Ruud, Ronaldo, Bebe etc).

Embarrassing @#%&!. WTF has happened to him?

Unread 24-04-2014, 11:39 AM
Sparky***

Shut up Gary and stop trying to ruin our fun

Unread 24-04-2014, 11:40 AM
Vedder

He just wants his mates to get the job.

Unread 24-04-2014, 11:43 AM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by armchair
‘The reality of it is that it doesn’t really matter who the manager is.
The last ten months has proved this point completely.

Unread 24-04-2014, 11:45 AM
andyroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vedder
He just wants his mates to get the job.
Pretty transparent.

Unread 24-04-2014, 11:48 AM
CockOfTheNorth

Doing my head in the stupid busy @#%&!

Unread 24-04-2014, 11:49 AM
JakeB

Brothers Neville can £#%&! off for now

Unread 24-04-2014, 11:51 AM
believe

When did he become the mediator and spokesman for the club? He's tried that hard over the last ten months to show he's not biased towards the club, it's almost like he's going full circle now there's a chance his mates might offer him a job.

He'll be hanging round Old Trafford with Sean Bones next

Unread 24-04-2014, 11:54 AM
That Boy Ronaldo!

He like many others are just worried the direction Woodward is taking us in.

His comments were fair to be honest, and he can't be seen as delighted Moyes has gone can he?

Hope the 92 lads are kept on when van Gaal comes in especially Giggsy.

Unread 24-04-2014, 11:56 AM
The Watcher

Thumbs up

I hope the new manager calls him a @#%&! live on MNF next season.

Unread 24-04-2014, 11:59 AM
sa7

Big clubs need big managers. Except Big Sam.

End of

Unread 24-04-2014, 11:59 AM
CockOfTheNorth

Quote:
Originally Posted by sa7
Big clubs need big managers. Except Big Sam.

End of
Yep, the reason we need a big name manager is because big name managers are usually the best £#%&!ing managers, hence why they're a big name.

Unread 24-04-2014, 12:00 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Watcher

LvG in the headphones, 'Frankly Gary, you're a @#%&!. £#%&! off, for shure'

Unread 24-04-2014, 12:00 PM
ZiggyStardust

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Watcher
Van Gaal it is then
Closed Thread