United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 12-07-2007, 04:22 PM
Spiffy

Quote:
Originally Posted by bored
One of the most underrated footballers ever. Sweetest right foot in football. Won trophies at every club he played for.

THE most overrated footballer ever. People think he's a Maradonna or a Pele because he's pretty and has a good PR agent. He was put out of the team by Solskjaer and in my lifetime, we have had 4 established no.7's that I can remember

Robbo
Eric
Beckham
Ronaldo

Beckham is the least talented footballer of them all.

Unread 12-07-2007, 04:22 PM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiffy
Some people might have believed that before his tearful interview saying how disappointed he was to have been chucked out by Real. He signed on a Bosman, he wasn't thrown out, just like he engineered his exit from United, he did the same at Real. He then lied in an interview to get some sympathy.
no he didn't

Unread 12-07-2007, 04:24 PM
Spiffy

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
no he didn't
How much will Real get out of the transfer then? Or are you going to argue that the term Bosman can only be used for transfers internally in Europe? He signed when they could get no transfer fee for him. Is that accurate?

Unread 12-07-2007, 04:27 PM
believe

Quote:
How much will Real get out of the transfer then? Or are you going to argue that the term Bosman can only be used for transfers internally in Europe? He signed when they could get no transfer fee for him. Is that accurate?
i thought you meant he left on a bosman from united. apologies.

Unread 12-07-2007, 04:30 PM
bored

Quote:
THE most overrated footballer ever. People think he's a Maradonna or a Pele because he's pretty and has a good PR agent. He was put out of the team by Solskjaer and in my lifetime, we have had 4 established no.7's that I can remember

Robbo
Eric
Beckham
Ronaldo

Beckham is the least talented footballer of them all.
£#%&! all people think he's pele. He certainly doesn't. I agree he's not as good as any of the players you named (notice you left out Keane who you irrationally hate also btw.) If you think Ole is a better right sided midfielder on anything more than temporary form you're nuts - then again we all know you're nuts anyway so that exercise is rather pointless.

On form, Beckham was one of the most influential players in the world. Remember his 'half-goals' (Rivaldo's words not mine.)

Had Capello been as intransigent in his opinions as you then Real wouldn't be celebrating this summer as champions.

Face it you'd rate him more if he was an ugly £#%&!er and are just jealous or possibly want him up your bum.

Sorry I saw red and didn't notice the superfluous mention of number sevens!

Unread 12-07-2007, 04:52 PM
Spiffy

Quote:
Originally Posted by bored
£#%&! all people think he's pele. He certainly doesn't. I agree he's not as good as any of the players you named (notice you left out Keane who you irrationally hate also btw.) If you think Ole is a better right sided midfielder on anything more than temporary form you're nuts - then again we all know you're nuts anyway so that exercise is rather pointless.

On form, Beckham was one of the most influential players in the world. Remember his 'half-goals' (Rivaldo's words not mine.)

Had Capello been as intransigent in his opinions as you then Real wouldn't be celebrating this summer as champions.

Face it you'd rate him more if he was an ugly £#%&!er and are just jealous or possibly want him up your bum.

Sorry I saw red and didn't notice the superfluous mention of number sevens!

OK, at least you re-read it, for everyone else, I was talking about no.7's.

It wasn't me who felt Solskjaer was better on the right side, it was Fergie and even Beckham's most ardent fan must admit his performances for the last 2 seasons at United weren't as impressive as previous season yet he maintained top form for England. It was as if he was more interested in playing for his country than his club. He's from down south so we can forgive him that. The fact is, he wasn't the same player at the end of his Utd career than he was at the start.

Before anyone starts saying I'm biased against southerners, I have stuck up for Rio all along and constantly said he'd be more popular with the rest of the fans if he was a Manc, Argie or anything other than a cockney.

Unread 12-07-2007, 04:56 PM
bored

Quote:
OK, at least you re-read it, for everyone else, I was talking about no.7's.

It wasn't me who felt Solskjaer was better on the right side, it was Fergie and even Beckham's most ardent fan must admit his performances for the last 2 seasons at United weren't as impressive as previous season yet he maintained top form for England. It was as if he was more interested in playing for his country than his club. He's from down south so we can forgive him that. The fact is, he wasn't the same player at the end of his Utd career than he was at the start.

Before anyone starts saying I'm biased against southerners, I have stuck up for Rio all along and constantly said he'd be more popular with the rest of the fans if he was a Manc, Argie or anything other than a cockney.
Ole was better than Becks at the time but you can't say he was better out there overall.

I think it's fair to say that Becks went off the boil and he had the misguided belief that he should progress to becoming a central midfielder. The same belief hampered his early Real career. However when back in his best position, albeit with some added nuances to his game, he showed how effective a player he can be.

Personally, I think he'll probably try the cm business again in the states which will be a mistake.

Unread 12-07-2007, 05:03 PM
macawber

I cant believe some of you ungrateful bastards, he played his heart out for us and was a good player, still is, if he can make a few bob along the way leave him alone we would all like to be £1 behind him.

Unread 12-07-2007, 05:18 PM
Grimson

If Beckham is overrated, it's only because his celebrity has eclipsed his footballing ability. So there's a kneejerk reaction to say 'He's overrated, he's far from the best in the world or even the best at his team." Well who has ever said anything different?

Taken purely on football terms, he's very good at what he does. In his prime he would have been welcomed by clubs all over the world, even if he looked like Peter Beardsley.

Unread 12-07-2007, 05:36 PM
johnfuego

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/colum...ene&id=2925779

This is what he has to face.

Unread 12-07-2007, 05:47 PM
bored

Didn't the head of the mls(or someone) say that Beckenbauer, for the money they paid, should've got more goals
Closed Thread