United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 28-07-2013, 05:26 AM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stickman
Don't get it, statistically Ronaldo scores in every game so what's Bale for.

80m on their defence would give them a better chance at winning the CL and toppling barca once more.
so they score two in every game?

Unread 28-07-2013, 05:31 AM
Stickman

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
Dortmund didnt beat them because of their lack of goals.

Smacks of a lazy signing to me. Textbook Madrid post 2000.

Unread 28-07-2013, 05:34 AM
believe

Quote:
Dortmund didnt beat them because of their lack of goals.

Smacks of a lazy signing to me. Textbook Madrid post 2000.
how can signing one of the most sought after players in the world be a lazy signing?

I hope we don't get Ronaldo, it would be so predictable.

Unread 28-07-2013, 08:19 AM
Whip Hubley

Quote:
how can signing one of the most sought after players in the world be a lazy signing?

bellers lay off the sauce ffs

anything above £60m for bale is a ridiculous fee really.

Unread 28-07-2013, 08:21 AM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigMikeA
bellers lay off the sauce ffs

anything above £60m for bale is a ridiculous fee really.
is anything above 50 million ok?

Unread 28-07-2013, 08:31 AM
Furry Russian hats

Quote:
For Tottenham yes, for Bale no. If he goes for 86 million, the pressure on him will be monumental.

White hankies out in 3 months methinks.

Unread 28-07-2013, 08:31 AM
Whip Hubley

Quote:

Yeah, that's why I put 60 and not 50

Unread 28-07-2013, 08:40 AM
Stickman

Quote:
Quote:

It is lazy

They tried the supposed best player in the world 3 pre seasons in a row in figo Zidane and Ronaldo and it didnt really bare That much fruit.

They'd have added another CL during that period too if they'd bought a decent defender or two. Bale to Madrid won't be a roaring success IMO, he needs to stay in England.

Unread 28-07-2013, 08:42 AM
believe

Quote:
It is lazy

They tried the supposed best player in the world 3 pre seasons in a row in figo Zidane and Ronaldo and it didnt really bare That much fruit.

They'd have added another CL during that period too if they'd bought a decent defender or two. Bale to Madrid won't be a roaring success IMO, he needs to stay in England.
so they need to stop buying the best players available because it hasn't worked out previously for them?

Unread 28-07-2013, 08:48 AM
Stickman

Quote:
so they need to stop buying the best players available because it hasn't worked out previously for them?
Must
Not
Feed
The
Troll

Unread 28-07-2013, 08:49 AM
believe

I must be seriously confused here.

Unread 28-07-2013, 08:56 AM
Stickman

Quote:
Quote:
I must be seriously confused here.
I don't think any improvement he would add is going to elevate them.

They're goal crazy as it is and have lots of players who can create a chance/score out of nothing. Bale won't stop them getting turned over like they were in the CL.

You're entitled to your opinion even though I think it's too black and white in this instance.
It's not always about getting the best player it's about getting the best fit for your team, and predictably Madrid think splashing another world record fee on an attacking player is the answer to all of their prayers.

Unread 28-07-2013, 09:20 AM
Lok

I don't believe Madrid want Bale.

It's all a ruse to up Bale's price for another suitor and to try and get Ronaldo to sign a new contract.

I'm convinced of it.

Unread 28-07-2013, 09:24 AM
carlosartorial

Not sure how a team can play Bale and Ronaldo together. Same as how Barca will struggle to integrate Messi and Neymar.

Unread 28-07-2013, 09:26 AM
Serenity Now

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlosartorial
Not sure how a team can play Bale and Ronaldo together. Same as how Barca will struggle to integrate Messi and Neymar.
Good players can always play together. #sage

Unread 28-07-2013, 09:30 AM
carlosartorial

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serenity Now
Good players can always play together. #sage
Oh definitely. But I just can't see how they'll be able to accommodate a pair of out-and-out fliers like that without tasking one (ie Bale) with a severely restricted role.

Still, nice problem to have.

Unread 28-07-2013, 09:54 AM
ziggyman17

Quote:
Oh definitely. But I just can't see how they'll be able to accommodate a pair of out-and-out fliers like that without tasking one (ie Bale) with a severely restricted role.

Still, nice problem to have.
a bit like us having to try and fit young and valencia in to our starting 11...

Unread 28-07-2013, 10:32 AM
redhegemony

Quote:
No problem domestically or in early rounds of CL it's the big games where it would be an issue. Both Bale and Ronnie are really best suited to fast counter attacking which doesn't work quite so well when you have so much of the ball..

Unread 28-07-2013, 10:46 AM
Redordead

I will be very jealous of them signing him, don't see the obsession with cost, you're not paying it do who gives a shit?!?

Unread 28-07-2013, 10:49 AM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redordead
I will be very jealous of them signing him, don't see the obsession with cost, you're not paying it do who gives a shit?!?
it depends if it's over 60 million or not.
Closed Thread