United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 03-01-2014, 09:53 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Man U 4 Life
I can't believe how many of our players get trashed on here. I think the squad is good. It won us the league last year so it can do it again.
So why is it currently mid-table, then?

It is simply not possible to say the players are good enough, AND then back the manager. The two do not currently compute, and very likely never will :shakehead:

Unread 03-01-2014, 10:06 PM
naes_sean

Quote:
I can't believe how many of our players get trashed on here. I think the squad is good. It won us the league last year so it can do it again.
:£#%&!er:

you're trying too hard mate.

Unread 03-01-2014, 10:08 PM
Man U 4 Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
So why is it currently mid-table, then?

It is simply not possible to say the players are good enough, AND then back the manager. The two do not currently compute, and very likely never will :shakehead:
Still early days. Can't jump the gun this early.

Unread 03-01-2014, 10:08 PM
Zorg

Quote:

Unread 03-01-2014, 10:21 PM
MJ Ramone

Quote:
Originally Posted by £#%&! KFC
Wayne Rooney - who was pictured leaving a private hospital in
Manchester earlier today after having scans on the groin injury that has been
troubling him for a couple of weeks could be forced to miss most of January

Not really a shock.
He was nowhere near fit enough to play the other day. He was struggling like £#%&!.

We've got 3 match winners at the Club. 2 of them are now injured & the other is an 18 year old kid who's hardly played a full 90 minutes yet.

Unread 03-01-2014, 10:50 PM
That Boy Ronaldo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedMenace
"It's a time of transition, everyone knew it would be difficult to take over from Sir Alex" blah blah. If it starts costing the gimps big money then they'll get rid.
Already has by all accounts, was reading before that £300m has been cut from club value in the last couple of months.

I really want to give Moyes a chance, he seems a decent bloke and is probably doing the best he can at the moment. But the whole attitude from the club the last 4/5 months is a real concern.

No £#%&!er is taking charge both on and off the pitch.

Unread 03-01-2014, 11:00 PM
Whalefish

Off the pitch is the worry for me, and I have a feeling Moyes is (quite rightly) going to get very frustrated with the penny pinching by the club. As documented in results to date there is a significant cash surplus (or whatever you call it) available for the manager to spend but when you've got Woodward probably being dazzled by the likes of Fabregas's agent, being taken out for meals I do wonder whether the right CEO was appointed post-Gill and as mentioned before I wonder why Gill couldn't stay on for another season.

I'm not interested in any potential replacements for Moyes tbh, because none of the names encourage me. None of them. Folk keep going on about Laudrup, no thanks. Pity United couldn't have got Ancelotti in for a season or three, but they didn't go down that route. I fully expect the club to stick by him for the next few seasons because I doubt many other managers would rock up and tolerate such £#%&!ing incompetence at a senior level where transfers are concerned.

Is Bolingbroke still at the club? Surely the club could've given him responsibility in the Summer to manage transfer activity given his experience in most/all transfers in recent seasons?

Unread 03-01-2014, 11:02 PM
Whalefish

Anyhoo, hope Ole does well at Cardiff and then in he rides to save the day...

Unread 03-01-2014, 11:06 PM
That Boy Ronaldo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whalefish
I'm honestly more interested in how he does than United at the moment

Would be £#%&!ing incredible to have him manage United one day. His press conference was very good.

Unread 03-01-2014, 11:07 PM
Wart Chest

Quote:
when skies are grey

Unread 03-01-2014, 11:09 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by That Boy Ronaldo!
I'm honestly more interested in how he does than United at the moment

Would be £#%&!ing incredible to have him manage United one day. His press conference was very good.
Well he managed to out line in that press conference a clear way he wants his team to play. Something Moyes hasn't managed in 6 months.

Unread 03-01-2014, 11:10 PM
Whalefish

I had several at work attempt to wind me up re United's current predicament (one a Villa fan ffs), however I honestly couldn't give a monkeys atm. Years of success and now 'we' face a few seasons in a sort of wilderness. Hey ho. I can't see past 2/3 clubs over the next few years in the PL and until United start competing for players at the big table and pay what the selling clubs want - and not baulk at it because it doesn't fit their £10million less valuation - then I don't see Moyes, or anyone else making a jot of difference.

There's some good youth coming through, very good in fact, but Moyes has inherited an ageing and unbalanced squad. There could possibly be a significant number leaving in the Summer (whether United get CL football next season or not). I forget where I read it but apparently he wants 2 in this month, 4 next window. Lets see if they actually want to improve a football team, or if commercial deals are the only thing that bothers them (because the latter is the only thing Woodward's demonstrated any ability in to date).

Unread 03-01-2014, 11:14 PM
That Boy Ronaldo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
Well he managed to out line in that press conference a clear way he wants his team to play. Something Moyes hasn't managed in 6 months.
Maybe it's because we all adore the bloke that we are willing to overlook the negatives, but the enthusiasm and the way he spoke was very good.

Moyes doesn't have to explain the way he wants his team to play, it's not his decision anyway. We attack, play with width, full backs pushed up and a big hole in the middle.

Unread 03-01-2014, 11:15 PM
Wart Chest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
sickening is'nt it?

is a game i had penciled in to duck but i hope they dick us at the end of the month whilst every £#%&!er in the ground sings his name for 90 mins

moyes resignes the next day in £#%&!in bits

Unread 03-01-2014, 11:16 PM
Whalefish

And btw when I say big fees I don't mean for world class players, even some of those that would make a big difference (and top youngsters) will cost a fair bit these days. Scouting needs to get better, which again will take a bit of time and Moyes has supposedly overhauled that department which I don't think folk can criticise him for since most (and many on here) used to dish out to Fergie for not spotting player x, y or z.

Unread 03-01-2014, 11:18 PM
£#%&! KFC

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wart Chest
sickening is'nt it?

is a game i had penciled in to duck but i hope they dick us at the end of the month whilst every £#%&!er in the ground sings his name for 90 mins

moyes resignes the next day in £#%&!in bits
£#%&! Cardiff I hope they go down

Unread 03-01-2014, 11:19 PM
That Boy Ronaldo!

Quote:
I had several at work attempt to wind me up re United's current predicament (one a Villa fan ffs), however I honestly couldn't give a monkeys atm. Years of success and now 'we' face a few seasons in a sort of wilderness. Hey ho. I can't see past 2/3 clubs over the next few years in the PL and until United start competing for players at the big table and pay what the selling clubs want - and not baulk at it because it doesn't fit their £10million less valuation - then I don't see Moyes, or anyone else making a jot of difference.

There's some good youth coming through, very good in fact, but Moyes has inherited an ageing and unbalanced squad. There could possibly be a significant number leaving in the Summer (whether United get CL football next season or not). I forget where I read it but apparently he wants 2 in this month, 4 next month. Lets see if they actually want to improve a football team, or if commercial deals are the only thing that bothers them (because the latter is the only thing Woodward's demonstrated any ability in to date).
He wanted half a new squad in the summer.

Can't see us buying anybody this window or possibly next. The club doesn't have a set of %@#$&!s on them to go out and demand these players.

Again, nobody taking charge on and off the pitch.

Unread 03-01-2014, 11:20 PM
Wart Chest

Quote:
Originally Posted by £#%&! KFC
£#%&! Cardiff I hope they go down
hopefully not while ole is in charge eh

Unread 03-01-2014, 11:25 PM
£#%&! KFC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wart Chest
hopefully not while ole is in charge eh
love Ole but Cardiff are £#%&!ing @#%&!s....take it you were not at the game when we played them, they gave our players more abuse than £#%&! Swansea ffs...absolute tossers....then there was the applauding of both ramsey's goals agiant them a week later

Fergie told him not to take the job btw

Unread 03-01-2014, 11:25 PM
Whalefish

How can he take charge on the pitch if they're not delivering off it? He clearly wants his own players but if he's not getting them then who is to blame? As mentioned before the squad he inherited wasn't a particularly great one for different reasons. Yes they won the league, when others failed in the market, driven on by Fergie after that final day defeat in the title race. RVP goals getting United out of many a tight spot too, to date in this season he's barely been around to do so. However, looking at the squad on paper after the Summer debacle the problems were glaring. Not just ageing players, but players with niggling injuries (Carrick and his achilles), and players already with a question mark over their head about their future. Now he has a £#%&!ing ridiculous injury list to manage.

Moyes has had the Lisbon watched regularly this season according to press here and over there, lets see if he identifies him as a signing he wants that they back him.
Closed Thread