United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 15-04-2009, 02:38 AM
Alan

Depends on what side he puts out.

I want to see 4-3-3 to give some control in midfield and none of this Rooney on the wing shite either.

Free roles for the front 3.

United will win if he picks the right team.

Unread 15-04-2009, 02:44 AM
History

This game is made for Rafael and Evra. They have really pacey wingers which will like to attack alot and leave big spaces for Evra to run into. Come on evra son find some form pleaseeee

Unread 15-04-2009, 08:19 AM
42ndstreet irregular

Mission impossible I heard one reporter say yesterday Its £#%&!ing Porto. If we cant beat them we don't deserve to win it. Whatever the score we wont be able to beat Liverpool's moral victory against all the odds blah blah £#%&!ing blah.

PS We'll win.

Unread 15-04-2009, 08:24 AM
elephantstone

I am confident of a win, they were no great shakes at our place, we played badly in the first half and gave away a shite goal at the end. We have players coming back and the mood will be bouyant

c'mon you reds

Unread 15-04-2009, 08:32 AM
Coracao

Will be interesting to see how Porto start the game. I'm pretty confident of us scoring a couple though tonight.

Unread 15-04-2009, 08:33 AM
HarkNowHear

Dont know if it will be enough to see us through but we will score 4 or 5 tonight.

Unread 15-04-2009, 08:40 AM
wee man

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarkNowHear
Dont know if it will be enough to see us through but we will score 4 or 5 tonight.

Unread 15-04-2009, 09:22 AM
Gazw649

The league has taken precident after the dippers went out last night, but i think we will win.

Unread 15-04-2009, 11:09 AM
MJ Ramone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chorlton74
i see United crashing out tomorrow night. just not playing good football at the moment.
Whichever way you dress it up, you can't really argue with this.

We don't score enough goals away from home in Europe. Particuarly in the 'big' games.

We keep going on about how great we were against Inter in the away leg, but we didn't win the match. How great does that make the performance? ...we haven't scored on our last 3 visits to the San Siro, because we don't play attacking football away from OT...& when we occasionally do, we don't take the chances.

We have a chance tonight for 2 reasons - Porto will 'think' they're through & their keeper looks dodgy to me.

But we need to get it right. We need to play without fear in the final 3rd & we need to £#%&!ing defend properly.

I want us to go through desperately, but if I'm honest I just can't see it

Unread 15-04-2009, 11:12 AM
marlo

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ Ramone

same here.

i just cant see it.

too many players without %@#$&!s in our team imo.

Unread 15-04-2009, 11:14 AM
Coracao

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ Ramone

You never do see us winning a game. You'd probably expect us to lose against a blind school

Unread 15-04-2009, 11:15 AM
Ginners

if our big players perform/dont get sent off we will batter them. but im not confident.

Unread 15-04-2009, 11:24 AM
Jez Quigley

Exclamation It's

going to be a horrible game I reckon, 1-1 after 80 mins and then the fates will conspire to do their deeds......

I reckon we'll win 2-1 but at a cost. Red card for Rooney, Vidic injured and the entire midfield gets the shits from dirty cutlery on the flight home afterwards.

Jeez I'm a doomlord today

Unread 15-04-2009, 11:24 AM
Long-ball Larry

Quote:
Originally Posted by elephantstone

c'mon you reds
Just need to keep their bottle and use their heads really..

Unread 15-04-2009, 11:27 AM
RedMenace

For 90 minutes we'll let them know it's Man Utd here we go..

Unread 15-04-2009, 11:27 AM
Jez Quigley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Long-ball Larry
Just need to keep their bottle and use their heads really..

Yup, for 90 minutes we'll let them know, it Man United here we go....

Unread 15-04-2009, 11:28 AM
marlo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jez Quigley

Yup, for 90 minutes we'll let them know, it Man United here we go....
glory glory man united

Unread 15-04-2009, 11:32 AM
Gypsum Fantastic

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlo
too many players without %@#$&!s in our team imo.
yep, no way this side would ever be current holders of say league, champions league, league cup and world club trophies. winners need %@#$&!s and this isn't a team of winners.

Unread 15-04-2009, 11:36 AM
marlo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gypsum Fantastic
yep, no way this side would ever be current holders of say league, champions league, league cup and world club trophies. winners need %@#$&!s and this isn't a team of winners.
its all good saying that but when its really mattered this season we have been less than convincing.

needed a draw at home to liverpool to more or less seal the title and look what happen?

the next week the champions of england and europe were outplayed at fulham and then went on to need the intervention of a 17 year old youth team player to beat sunderland and villa.

we havent got alot of players who can stand up and be counted?

carrick,berbatov and park arent going to grab the game by the scruff of the neck and win us the game.
its in rooney and ronaldos hands really. i hope they both show up.

Unread 15-04-2009, 11:54 AM
Gypsum Fantastic

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlo
its all good saying that but when its really mattered this season we have been less than convincing.

needed a draw at home to liverpool to more or less seal the title and look what happen?

the next week the champions of england and europe were outplayed at fulham and then went on to need the intervention of a 17 year old youth team player to beat sunderland and villa.

we havent got alot of players who can stand up and be counted?

carrick,berbatov and park arent going to grab the game by the scruff of the neck and win us the game.
its in rooney and ronaldos hands really. i hope they both show up.
you're right. the fact that this side can't go through 60 odd games in complete control and without needing the intervention of anyone is a shocking indictment of their mental state and completely highlights their lack of 'stones'.
they should be able to think the ball into the goal about 4 times in the first 10 minutes thus making redundant the intervention of any players at all.
Closed Thread