United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Manchester United Match Thread Archive

Unread 06-12-2020, 12:07 AM
jem

the don should be played up, not back. he's a link, so he'll only really shine with intelligent players around him. will be fine.

Unread 06-12-2020, 12:19 AM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medlock
Weird time to be a red. Win a game we're title challengers, lose and we're so bad manager's position is untenable. Every single week.
Just compare the press treatment of OGS and Arteta, its almost unreal

Unread 06-12-2020, 05:18 AM
shenwen

Bruno pulls us out of the shit again.

Still think those subs were shocking, unless Cavani was injured. Martial shouldn't have stayed on. Good news on the injury as we weren't winning with him still on the pitch.

I thought VDB was one of our better players in the first half in that he was sat least trying to get the ball moving, but can't complain about the sub too much. He is still playing within himself. Nice touches and short passing but not too effective. I think he's got more than that - showed it in latter stages of the game v Southampton.

Unread 06-12-2020, 05:30 AM
rubbernecker

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
Just compare OGS and Arteta, its almost unreal

Unread 06-12-2020, 05:31 AM
shenwen

Respect to Ole for this one

“Last week, we were 2-0 down at Southampton and this was a step forward, we were only 1-0 down.”

Unread 06-12-2020, 05:41 AM
armchair

Even in the Fergie years I was saying we should start like we are one-nil down. There is nothing in football as good as United chasing a game.

Unread 06-12-2020, 01:10 PM
Hyman_Roth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medlock
Weird time to be a red. Win a game we're title challengers, lose and we're so bad manager's position is untenable. Every single week.
This. Utterly ridiculous that any united fan is enabling this kind of narrative after a poor performance let alone creating it.

Never has there been so many shite as £#%&! united fans tbh.

Unread 06-12-2020, 01:18 PM
dragflick

Quote:
Originally Posted by shenwen
Bruno pulls us out of the shit again.

Still think those subs were shocking, unless Cavani was injured. Martial shouldn't have stayed on. Good news on the injury as we weren't winning with him still on the pitch.

I thought VDB was one of our better players in the first half in that he was sat least trying to get the ball moving, but can't complain about the sub too much. He is still playing within himself. Nice touches and short passing but not too effective. I think he's got more than that - showed it in latter stages of the game v Southampton.
Cavani was injured aswell.

Unread 06-12-2020, 01:28 PM
BarryX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyman_Roth
This. Utterly ridiculous that any united fan is enabling this kind of narrative after a poor performance let alone creating it.

Never has there been so many shite as £#%&! united fans tbh.
There's too much hyperbole and a demand for instant success in the digital age. Boomers know the score

Unread 06-12-2020, 02:15 PM
shenwen

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragflick
Cavani was injured aswell.
That's fair enough then. Ole showing balls making two subs at HT after a shit show of a half. Would have preferred Pogba to be yanked but also understand why it wasn't.

Unread 06-12-2020, 08:44 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarryX
There's too much hyperbole and a demand for instant success in the digital age. Boomers know the score
Ngl, didn't know you were that old

(I am Generation X, just)

Unread 06-12-2020, 09:55 PM
utd99

Citizen X more like.

Unread 06-12-2020, 10:02 PM
Neo

Football

Really starting to despise that weasel Gary Neville, btw. The whiny, overly-emotional negativity from him throughout that first half shows exactly why he failed so horrifically as a manager.

Another solid result from United, in a fixture that has consistently been a banana skin for us. Good subs from Ole that changed the game.

Hopefully Cavani isn't injured now, as we need him leading the line considering Martial's current form.

Been saying it for years, but we need a top-class CDM. Would transform us.

Unread 06-12-2020, 10:59 PM
92ToBury

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo
Really starting to despise that weasel Gary Neville, btw. The whiny, overly-emotional negativity from him throughout that first half shows exactly why he failed so horrifically as a manager.

Another solid result from United, in a fixture that has consistently been a banana skin for us. Good subs from Ole that changed the game.

Hopefully Cavani isn't injured now, as we need him leading the line considering Martial's current form.

We've got quite a problem down the right, too, with little in terms of supply barring Mata, who's not exactly a quick on the break sort of player. Granted, he's very adept at unlocking defences with his passing, but we seem to have to look to the left for the break. Once other teams learn how to handle it, we have to change again.

Matic and Mata would have been great, 8 years younger each. As you say, CDM is a problem, but we cannot ignore looking at some quality down the right with more pace than Mata. Sad thing is, Mkhitaryan would have been a decent option for the way we now play.

Unread 06-12-2020, 11:01 PM
Neo

Quote:
Originally Posted by 92ToBury
We've got quite a problem down the right, too, with little in terms of supply barring Mata, who's not exactly a quick on the break sort of player. Granted, he's very adept at unlocking defences with his passing, but we seem to have to look to the left for the break. Once other teams learn how to handle it, we have to change again.

Matic and Mata would have been great, 8 years younger each. As you say, CDM is a problem, but we cannot ignore looking at some quality down the right with more pace than Mata. Sad thing is, Mkhitaryan would have been a decent option for the way we now play.
We'll be back in for Sancho, NQAT.

Unread 06-12-2020, 11:08 PM
92ToBury

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo
We'll be back in for Sancho, NQAT.
Which makes the signing of Van Der Beek even more puzzling. Is he a stop-gap that we needed to bed in before we have to sell Pogba to get Sancho for example?

Unread 06-12-2020, 11:14 PM
Neo

Quote:
Originally Posted by 92ToBury
Which makes the signing of Van Der Beek even more puzzling. Is he a stop-gap that we needed to bed in before we have to sell Pogba to get Sancho for example?
I'm firmly of the opinion that Van De Beek has been bought for next season onwards.

The strategy for most of the big clubs nowadays is to buy young players early, integrate them with the squad, and drip-feed them into the starting XI.

We got him early, at a decent price, and will allow him to bed in over 2020/21, before he starts to become a key player from next season. He's also a central midfield player, so I don't think Sancho coming in will effect his game-time.

Sancho arriving certainly puts questions around Dan James, though, especially with Pellistri and Diallo most likely getting time in and around the first-team squad next season. Hopefully we'll go from having a dearth in quality wide players, to having an abundance.

Unread 06-12-2020, 11:20 PM
dragflick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo

Yeah, really dislike him when he commentates on United- talks utter shite more often than not. Once he’s set his stall out on his agenda for the day, there’s hardly any going back from it.

Unread 06-12-2020, 11:32 PM
Hyman_Roth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo

Yep, can’t abide him. Always thought turning the commentators off during a match was a bit ott but it was either that or I was going to put my foot through the telly. Whining like a bitch like he’s never seen any other team put in a poor ish 1st half performance. Completely over the top. Can’t stand how he says ‘Manchester United’ either - not sure what he does but he somehow combines vowels when he pronounces it - makes me want to smash all his teeth out with a cricket bat.

Unread 06-12-2020, 11:34 PM
Fat Al

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragflick
Yeah, really dislike him when he commentates on United- talks utter shite more often than not. Once he’s set his stall out on his agenda for the day, there’s hardly any going back from it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyman_Roth
Yep, can’t abide him. Always thought turning the commentators off during a match was a bit ott but it was either that or I was going to put my foot through the telly. Whining like a bitch like he’s never seen any other team put in a poor ish 1st half performance. Completely over the top. Can’t stand how he says ‘Manchester United’ either - not sure what he does but he somehow combines vowels when he pronounces it - makes me want to smash all his teeth out with a cricket bat.
I'm SURE he called us 'scabby' after getting either the first or second goal.

Try hard little #@&%!.