United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 11-09-2015, 10:06 PM
forzagarza

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
Who knows what's in this contract, I bet there's an 'out' clause....

He doesn't want to play in the UK anymore..
Move Old Trafford to Dublin. SIMPLEEZZZ

Unread 11-09-2015, 10:11 PM
Cream

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Honestly think he's £#%&!ed Madrid off tbh. Here until his 30's imo

Unless we can't compete, obv.
Quote:
Originally Posted by My Name is Keith
He clearly wanted out but it doesn't mean that he does now or will always want out or will always have the opportunity to get out.

Think it's just when of them wait and see scenarios and hope he plays as well as he can for us in the meantime.

Pretty sure there will be a kisses the badge on his shirt song from the Scouse on Saturday. Not that it matters particularly.
His missus lives in Spain ffs.

I highly recommend he dumps the vile harridan, but the heart wants what the heart wants.

Unread 11-09-2015, 10:13 PM
Zorg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cream
His missus lives in Spain ffs.

I highly recommend he dumps the vile harridan, but the heart wants what the heart wants.
The state of her ffs. God knows what she sees in the 200k a week keeper.

Unread 11-09-2015, 10:14 PM
Switching Off

Dunks got half a point. Not convinced they purposely £#%&!ed it up but they were reluctant to pay 30m and it went to pot because they tried to get him cheaper. Not the actions of a club who would willingly pay 50m in 12 months..

Unread 11-09-2015, 10:16 PM
Ethers

Like how Dunk has just made it fact that they purposely £#%&!ed it up

Absolute nonsense.

Unread 11-09-2015, 10:17 PM
dunk

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers
Like how Dunk has just made it fact that they purposely £#%&!ed it up

Absolute nonsense.
I just don't see it being an honest £#%&! up tbh. They were trying to get him for free.

Unread 11-09-2015, 10:21 PM
Cream

Quote:
Originally Posted by Switching Off
Dunks got half a point. Not convinced they purposely £#%&!ed it up but they were reluctant to pay 30m and it went to pot because they tried to get him cheaper. Not the actions of a club who would willingly pay 50m in 12 months..
I think they got caught in a pissing contest, probably regret it now like.

Unread 11-09-2015, 10:22 PM
Ethers

Quote:
I just don't see it being an honest £#%&! up tbh. They were trying to get him for free.
If they were trying to get him for free, why would they not have informed the player?

Unread 11-09-2015, 10:25 PM
dunk

Quote:
If they were trying to get him for free, why would they not have informed the player?
Do you honestly think it was just a paperwork snafu by Madrid?

They waited until the last day, probably telling him United's demands were unreasonable, made a show of trying to buy him on the last day, £#%&!ed it and immediately tried to blame United for him not getting his move, hoping he would refuse a new deal and leave for free next summer

It makes more sense than they 'forgot to add the signature page' or submitted the docs late or whatever other %@#$&!s they've come up with.

Unread 11-09-2015, 10:35 PM
Ethers

Quote:
Do you honestly think it was just a paperwork snafu by Madrid?

They waited until the last day, probably telling him United's demands were unreasonable, made a show of trying to buy him on the last day, £#%&!ed it and immediately tried to blame United for him not getting his move, hoping he would refuse a new deal and leave for free next summer

It makes more sense than they 'forgot to add the signature page' or submitted the docs late or whatever other %@#$&!s they've come up with.
If that was the plan, why would they not involve DDG? They've been in contact all year, and he's done everything they said.

Why would they suddenly try to con him at the last minute? Doesn't make any sense at all.

Unread 11-09-2015, 10:39 PM
dunk

Quote:
If that was the plan, why would they not involve DDG? They've been in contact all year, and he's done everything they said.

Why would they suddenly try to con him at the last minute? Doesn't make any sense at all.
If they were so intent on signing him why wait until there were only 9 hours left or whatever it was to try to do a deal? Madrid seemed certain they were getting him for free next summer at worst and were prepared to wait.

Nothing Madrid did makes sense tbf.

Unread 11-09-2015, 10:39 PM
My Name is Keith

Quote:

I expected him just to sit out a year without signing a new contract tbh thinking it was all pre agreed between ddg and Madrid. Clearly not. Feels like Madrid have strung him along and unsettled him (which they do for fun) and then had second thoughts or have genuinely £#%&!ed up. I'd like to think it was a woody masterplan but that's more far fetched.

Unread 11-09-2015, 10:40 PM
Switching Off

Quote:
If they were so intent on signing him why wait until there were only 9 hours left or whatever it was to try to do a deal? Madrid seemed certain they were getting him for free next summer at worst and were prepared to wait.
Because they thought we'd buckle over the price.

Unread 11-09-2015, 10:41 PM
dunk

Quote:
Because they thought we'd buckle over the price.
And when we didn't they decided to £#%&! it and get him for free

Unread 11-09-2015, 10:43 PM
rockored

It looks like we've got one over Madrid.

that will do.

for now

Unread 11-09-2015, 10:44 PM
Switching Off

Quote:
And when we didn't they decided to £#%&! it and get him for free
Seems unlikely. If that was the case they could have walked away and blamed it on our unreasonable demands. They would have saved face and everyone would have forgotten about it.

Instead, you're saying they decided to come up with a grand plan of failing to fax certain bits of paper and then blaming it all on United

If they had the choice, option 1 makes far more sense.

Unread 11-09-2015, 10:46 PM
dunk

Quote:
Seems unlikely. If that was the case they could have walked away and blamed it on our unreasonable demands. They would have saved face and everyone would have forgotten about it.

Instead, you're saying they decided to come up with a grand plan of failing to fax certain bits of paper and then blaming it all on United

If they had the choice, option 1 makes far more sense.
So you think Real Madrid accidentally forgot to scan and email the critical piece of paper, with plenty of time remaining, and couldn't rectify the issue?

I reckon there were posturing promises made to DdG and Mendes and when they decided not to go through with it, they tried to blame it on United and a paperwork £#%&! up.

Unread 11-09-2015, 10:51 PM
Ethers

Nothing about it makes much sense tbh.

The idea they £#%&!ed it on purpose is surely the most fanciful though. They even unsettled their own first choice keeper in the process.

Unread 11-09-2015, 10:54 PM
Switching Off

Quote:
Nothing about it makes much sense tbh.

The idea they £#%&!ed it on purpose is surely the most fanciful though. They even unsettled their own first choice keeper in the process.
It was all part of their masterplan to avoid paying 30m for the best goalkeeper in the world, who was desperate to join them. Navas is just collateral damage, and worth it to them in the grand scheme of things. Whose laughing now!

Unread 11-09-2015, 10:54 PM
armchair

I think we £#%&!ed them over if anything. They wanted him cheap. We didn't want to sell and somehow we've ended up holding aces. One of the best bits of brinkmanship in a long time.
Closed Thread