United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Manchester United Match Thread Archive

Unread 04-10-2009, 02:53 PM
Fuzzy Dunlop

Default Re: *OFFICIAL* Man Utd v Sunderland match thread (Links, teams and doom)

Rooney was awful yesterday wasn't he boys?

Unread 04-10-2009, 02:53 PM
silv

Default Re: *OFFICIAL* Man Utd v Sunderland match thread (Links, teams and doom)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy Dunlop
Rooney was awful yesterday wasn't he boys?
define awful

Unread 04-10-2009, 02:55 PM
Fuzzy Dunlop

Quote:
Originally Posted by silv
define awful
Between 2 and 4/10.

Unread 04-10-2009, 02:56 PM
sharath

Quote:
define awful
Awful Meaning and Definition
(a.) Struck or filled with awe; terror-stricken.
(a.) Frightful; exceedingly bad; great; -- applied intensively; as, an awful bonnet; an awful boaster.
(a.) Inspiring awe; filling with profound reverence, or with fear and admiration; fitted to inspire reverential fear; profoundly impressive.
(a.) Oppressing with fear or horror; appalling; terrible; as, an awful scene.
(a.) Worshipful; reverential; law-abiding.

Unread 04-10-2009, 02:56 PM
Stickman

our team selection is far too inconsistent.

You just have no idea what the midfield 4 is going to be from game to game.

Slightly worrying that the midfield didnt control that Sunderlad 4 at home, we didnt even look like scoring until the last 5-10 minutes.

Foster

Good start to the season nonetheless, still a real pisser of 2 points lost yesterday.

Unread 04-10-2009, 02:58 PM
silv

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy Dunlop
Between 2 and 4/10.
%@#$&!s.

he was a six out of ten.

what annoys me now is we dont have anyone waiting to smack the corners in when theyre cleared out of the box like we used to.

It also didnt help that scholes didnt turn up did it. In the 2nd half, bar that mistake, we were all over them. Absolutely mullered them

Unread 04-10-2009, 03:00 PM
Coracao

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ Ramone
A. I may sound very harsh saying this but I think Welbeck is a passenger when he starts League games.
£#%&!ing hell...

How many has he started, 2?

Both out of position. And one of those vs Hull, he had a good game.

Unread 04-10-2009, 03:00 PM
Fuzzy Dunlop

Quote:
%@#$&!s.

he was a six out of ten.

what annoys me now is we dont have anyone waiting to smack the corners in when theyre cleared out of the box like we used to.

It also didnt help that scholes didnt turn up did it. In the 2nd half, bar that mistake, we were all over them. Absolutely mullered them
No way 6. Well too generous. 5 max and that's if you know him.

Unread 04-10-2009, 03:01 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coracao
£#%&!ing hell...

didn't have much hope yesterday did he? What with the other 10 all playing shit.

Unread 04-10-2009, 03:01 PM
Fuzzy Dunlop

Don't get me started on Wellback.
Too late; He's a clumsy bollox.

Unread 04-10-2009, 03:02 PM
believe

Quote:
£#%&!ing hell...

oh come on. i'm all for backing our players but no one can seriously believe that wellbeck is going to make a name for himself at united.

Unread 04-10-2009, 03:04 PM
Fuzzy Dunlop

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
oh come on. i'm all for backing our players but no one can seriously believe that wellbeck is going to make a name for himself at united.
Ironically it takes Believe to tell you all what you don't realise.

Unread 04-10-2009, 03:05 PM
sharath

welbeck has one good quality. finishing. that matters bugger all when you play him on left wing.

Coracao

Quote:
I've seen enough of him to believe that he will.

But feel free to keep criticising 18 year olds, when the team as a whole were utterly gash.

Jack Duckworth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
It would have been rude of me not to post on my own thread tbh.

And everything I said was totally spot on. Anybody who wasn't playing "look at how knowledgeable and savvy a fan I am by being blasé about everything " would totally agree with me.
you take everything so personally.

i wasn't referring to you, actually, so there's no need to see your arse. some of the comments in this thread are laughable, though. it's nothing to with trying to look knowledgeable or blase, it's about not acting like a spoilt child when we don't win and/or perform well.

Unread 04-10-2009, 03:08 PM
believe

Quote:

But feel free to keep criticising 18 year olds, when the team as a whole were utterly gash.
I thought he wasn't good enough before yesterdays game fwiw. Where have you seen enough of him to believe that he will make it in United's 1st team?

Unread 04-10-2009, 03:08 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Duckworth
you take everything so personally.

i wasn't referring to you, actually, so there's no need to see your arse. some of the comments in this thread are laughable, though. it's nothing to with trying to look knowledgeable or blase, it's about not acting like a spoilt child when we don't win and/or perform well.
None of mine are tbh. They're spot on.

Unread 04-10-2009, 03:14 PM
Coracao

Quote:
I thought he wasn't good enough before yesterdays game fwiw. Where have you seen enough of him to believe that he will make it in United's 1st team?
I've seen the lad play since he was 15, almost on a weekly basis.

He has the neccessary ability to make it at United.

However, he won't be helped by clowns writing him off at 18 after a poor game, playing on the left wing.

There are plenty of players to slate from yesterday's performance, I don't think Welbeck should be one of them.

Unread 04-10-2009, 03:15 PM
MJ Ramone

Quote:

I've consistently said positive things about Welbeck over the past 18months or so.
I really want him to make it, but I think he lacks something.
He was head & shoulders above anything on the Pitch in the reserves a year or two back, but he seems to lack confidence in the First team.

I'm not judging him solely on yesterday. I'm not stupid.
I just don't get enough encouraging 'vibes' from him that lead me to think he'll be putting serious pressure on Berbatov, Owen & Rooney any time soon.

I know he was out of position yesterday & I have absolutely NO idea why Fergie started him out there in such a tough game??

The last person I'd blame for yesterday would be Danny Welbeck. I've just given my view on what I've seen overall.

The person to 'blame' yesterday is the person responsible for so much success over the last 20 years.
Fergie needs to settle on a midfield 4...no matter how hard it is to leave players out, he must do it.
It's effecting the strikers (they don't know from one game to the next who's gonna be supplying them..feeding their runs etc..)
He also needs to make a strong decision about who plays in goal, because I didn't think I'd change my mind so quickly on this but Kuszazck has to keep goal until Edwin is back.

Unread 04-10-2009, 03:20 PM
believe

Quote:
I've seen the lad play since he was 15, almost on a weekly basis.

He has the neccessary ability to make it at United.

However, he won't be helped by clowns writing him off at 18 after a poor game, playing on the left wing.

There are plenty of players to slate from yesterday's performance, I don't think Welbeck should be one of them.
For the second time I'm not basing my opinion of him on yesterdays performance. He would not be picked in the first 3 forward positions of any of the top half of the premiership. He wouldn't have been picked for us if Owen were fit. He's had a couple of mediocre games in the carling cup and against week sides. He isn't half the player Rossi was and he wasn't good enough.