United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Manchester United Match Thread Archive

Unread 05-04-2024, 12:34 AM
marlo

Quote:
Originally Posted by TreeFiddy
It’s a pointless stat. Sure, some goals we concede may come from shots but so do the goals we score! We had 13 throw-ins tonight - 2 more than Chelsea. The fact we didn’t capitalise them is precisely the problem, not shots on target ffs. 🤡
how come the better sides don't concede so many shots....

shots faced basically mean decent/good chances and its no wonder we cant hold onto a lead or exert any control when every team we play is having a shot almost at will.

Unread 05-04-2024, 12:53 AM
Stickman

Quote:
It’s a pointless stat.
I don’t see how it’s pointless when the objective of the sport is to score, an occurrence most common as output from a shot.

Obviously every shot isn’t successful hence why it’s perhaps not a binary doom stat but surely we could do with halving this ffs

Unread 05-04-2024, 01:01 AM
Dueling Banjos

Quote:
Originally Posted by NedKelly
The goon when we win 3-2 in extra time is going to be magnificent.
Quote:
Originally Posted by poppy
Do not mess with the big boys! Only one winner now.
Quote:
Hope we can hold on. I work with a Chelsea fan who’s always dishing it out.
We’ll see who’s laughing tomorrow @#%&!o!

He’s in Year 1.
Quote:
you’ve got to £#%&!ing laugh!
You really do have to laugh.

Unread 05-04-2024, 02:01 AM
marlo

well Erik agrees with his deluded fan club….

But yeah … we have a good coach who just need a footballing structure above him.

Despite our biggest issue being a coaching one it will all come together just because….

Unread 05-04-2024, 02:27 AM
Stickman

That’s the part I can’t get my head around re structure. Do inners also want his back room staff replaced? We seem spectacularly bad tactically.

But yeah we could get to he FA Cup final so it will all click i’m sure.

Unread 05-04-2024, 04:36 AM
shenwen

Shameful to lose like that. Thought we'd played well, even with midfield wide open. But the inability to see the game out is bad.

How nice it would have been to celebrate a win after that Antony pass? But nope, we've had our big win against Liverpool, back to being shit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pedr0
fully with suedeshoes on this one.

anyone still letting each bad result ruin their mood is frankly ridiculous. so what if we end up finishing 7th instead of 6th.

without the broader context that a title race brings, where every point matters, every dour 1-0 win is savoured...you can only enjoy each match at face value.

matches like tonight or Liverpool are far more entertaining than some of the dross served up earlier in the season. give me more chaosball! some we will win, some we will lose. and in the end we'll still be 6th.
Kind of agree with that. Kind of. I feel sorry for those who think we are going to put together a run of wins, only to be let down again. I gave up after Bournemouth. But if your saying we shouldn't be angry to lose because the game was relatively entertaining, then not having it. ETH won't be here next year based on feelings.

Unread 05-04-2024, 05:13 AM
Offerington

That was so bad. I knew they'd lose at 3-2, as soon as i saw 8 mins. There are an awful bunch. The inability to see out games is embarrassing. The manager has to take a lot of responsibility for that.

Absolutely despicable to lose from there against a team even worse than us and totally devoid of any confidence. A complete shambles.

Just depressing.

Unread 05-04-2024, 06:24 AM
RARAMSES

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlo
Deserves one more year!
Glad you finally agree

Unread 05-04-2024, 07:59 AM
magic_cantona

Absolutely shocking.

Unread 05-04-2024, 08:11 AM
shenwen

Quote:
Originally Posted by magic_cantona

Absolutely shocking.
Same happened earlier. McCoist on the commentary wondering why palmer had been left alone on the edge of the box at a corner. It was only a bad pass from that Currcurella clown that stopped another shot on goal (which apparently don't matter anyway). We don't learn. You'd think someone on the pitch or the touchline might have noticed and given a shout.

Unread 05-04-2024, 08:13 AM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by shenwen
You'd think someone on the pitch or the touchline might have noticed and given a shout.
bruno did, but it was too late and no one moved.

Unread 05-04-2024, 08:19 AM
RedNick80

Quote:
Originally Posted by shenwen
Same happened earlier. McCoist on the commentary wondering why palmer had been left alone on the edge of the box at a corner. It was only a bad pass from that Currcurella clown that stopped another shot on goal (which apparently don't matter anyway). We don't learn. You'd think someone on the pitch or the touchline might have noticed and given a shout.
I know its a bit of a pile on at the moment, and I don't entirely blame him, but Rashford is in shot, jogging back, would have seen the whole picture as he approached our box.

Following in at No2... Mason Mount, as right wing notionally, and as a short arse would (even in my U12's team) be his job to pick up their right winger going short.

Unread 05-04-2024, 08:32 AM
magic_cantona

Not really looked back at Antonys penalty either but it looked soft as £#%&!. What are we saying?

Unread 05-04-2024, 08:35 AM
RedNick80

Quote:
Originally Posted by magic_cantona
Not really looked back at Antonys penalty either but it looked soft as £#%&!. What are we saying?
It’s a pen. Could perhaps argue it was soft but we’d be fuming if it wasn’t given the other way.

Unread 05-04-2024, 08:40 AM
Hyman_Roth

Thought both were pens - soft but pens all the same.

Unread 05-04-2024, 08:42 AM
magic_cantona

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stickman
That’s the part I can’t get my head around re structure. Do inners also want his back room staff replaced? We seem spectacularly bad tactically.

But yeah we could get to he FA Cup final so it will all click i’m sure.
He blamed "individual errors" after the game and said we were "tactically good". What does that corner come down to ffs? It's all tactics. The waltzing through our team every week isn't individual errors, it's his tactics.

Had enough of us being a £#%&!ing laughing stock and the reasons from the manager sounding ludicrous.

Unread 05-04-2024, 08:49 AM
Zorg

Got to be honest, I'm struggling with the 'it's silly being disappointed at losing after being 3-2 up in the 97th minute' stuff.

Unread 05-04-2024, 09:07 AM
shenwen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorg
Got to be honest, I'm struggling with the 'it's silly being disappointed at losing after being 3-2 up in the 97th minute' stuff.
Losing is the new winning

Unread 05-04-2024, 09:11 AM
no fun

Outsmarted by Cole palmer

To be less intelligent than someone from Wythenshawe is indeed unforgivable

Unread 05-04-2024, 09:11 AM
Hyman_Roth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorg
Are you? I’m not.

Thinking ahead to Sunday - if it’s an end to end game full of thrills and spills and Liverpool score in the 112th minute to win the match after us leading in the 97th minute then I think we should be impartial and bloody well congratulate Liverpool and their fans on a thoroughly entertaining game of football.

At the end of the day, we all want football to be the winner.